Hacking 3DS Flashcarts - News, Updates, and Support Thread

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha. But I came across a import 3ds game site, and it stated Bravely Default will have multiple spoken and dub options, including english. Is that incorrect? I really don't know anything about it, just noticed it the other day.

No the current version of Bravely is Jap only. The new version that is coming out in December is probably getting released in both Jap and EU and is sort of a v1.5 so to speak with some other tweeks in addition to language localization. I also heard even the EU version will have the option for Jap audio with Eng or other laguage subtitles. This new 'localized' version won't be released in the US until Feb.....so here is hoping th EU version out in a few weeks is either Gateway v1.2 compatible (uses 4.x SDK) or Gateway v2.0 is out and should run it no problem...either way US Gateway owners should be getting to run it months before its North American release. It looks like a truly awesome game both graphics and gameplay so can't wait.

Stringer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone,

If I am on latest firmware, obviously Gateway won't work, but is there any use I have for the blue card? Is it updatable? I'm relatively new to the DS cart scene, but I've read that its an r4 clone, in which case can I use it for DS games? What about SNES emu? Thanks for the help.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey everyone,

If I am on latest firmware, obviously Gateway won't work, but is there any use I have for the blue card? Is it updatable? I'm relatively new to the DS cart scene, but I've read that its an r4 clone, in which case can I use it for DS games? What about SNES emu? Thanks for the help.

It doesn't work on the latest 3DS firmware and Gateway doesn't seem to be interested in updating their DS mode cart. There are much better options for a DS cart, like SuperCard DSTWO.

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh...you guys! I'm so very tempted to grab the R4i deluxe, but I guess I should just wait until the 2.0 or whatever group releases an update that has the new game/eshop support.

I just HOPE R4 will implement it soon after Gateway does, and I HOPE there is a solid window of time I can pick up a card after and get in there before Ninty locks it down. I'll kick myself if I lose the chance to play Duel Destinies (or possibly other region eshop if that is someone spoofed/enabled) just because I WAS patient....:P

IMRAN_PETER

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Ahh...you guys! I'm so very tempted to grab the R4i deluxe, but I guess I should just wait until the 2.0 or whatever group releases an update that has the new game/eshop support.

I just HOPE R4 will implement it soon after Gateway does, and I HOPE there is a solid window of time I can pick up a card after and get in there before Ninty locks it down. I'll kick myself if I lose the chance to play Duel Destinies (or possibly other region eshop if that is someone spoofed/enabled) just because I WAS patient....:P
I just got my Gateway the previous day which I bought around a week ago from a local importer...:)
I love the packaging, it was very tiny...:)
Be patient a little, I believe gateway is the right choice as they are the first who set the 3DS free...:)

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna give it until the 1st week of December, since LoZ: LBW will officially be out by then. (even though it's been leaked so GW/R4i can test it in theory) And if no progress has been made, i'll order an R4i. If GW comes through by then, i'll probably grab their card then. I just have a feeling BOTH cards will implement/steal each others functions and it won't matter too much in the big picture, since their cards have the same guts.

Reactions: quinterrya

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Actually xFat will be necessary in order to support a ROM with more than 4GB (or 3.72GB, I'm not sure) of file size, but that's not the issue I'm talking about.

I never mentioned ROM Sizes. All I said were SDXC cards were formatted to xFat as standard...

About the source, yes; another user reported this not too long ago:

---

OK I'd never heard of that type of behaviour before and that's interesting, but just because that's how it works with the DS-Two doesn't mean the Gateway will work the same. There are many devices that can use FAT32 Formatted SDXC cards just fine (3DS included), and if the Gateway for any reason doesn't support them there's no reason to believe that they will not support them in the same fashion as a DSTwo ie it may simply refuse to read a 64Gb card at all...

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I never mentioned ROM Sizes. All I said were SDXC cards were formatted to xFat as standard

You didn't, but I did, do you have something against making a commentary?
but just because that's how it works with the DS-Two doesn't mean the Gateway will work the same. There are many devices that can use FAT32 Formatted SDXC cards just fine (3DS included), and if the Gateway for any reason doesn't support them there's no reason to believe that they will not support them in the same fashion as a DSTwo ie it may simply refuse to read a 64Gb card at all...

You are free to believe whatever you want, but now you know that this has been proven somehow.

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you guys think that the current gateway hardware is going to be able to emulate card2 games since the save partition is intended to be much faster than in card 1 games?

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Do you guys think that the current gateway hardware is going to be able to emulate card2 games since the save partition is intended to be much faster than in card 1 games?

I have no idea how they will get it working, but I don't think a new physical revision is going to help that much.

About card2 being faster, I believe that's false. Before 3DSGuy created that FAQ topic, I thought NAND saving was something really exclusive and only necessary for Animal Crossing, but after his explanation I understood that in the case of Pokemon, they didn't use the same fancy chip (SLC-NAND) as the one used for Animal Crossing. What I mean is that the only true advantage of Card2 games is the extra storage space and the recording times should not be an issue.

krzz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm sure a ton of people have emailed them. Chances are it's the same questions over and over. Having to deal with impatient people doesn't help them get the update out any quicker.

Well I'm sorry but when you are selling a lot of products and making tons of money, the minimum that you can do is to answer to your customers. If it was a custom firmware with no intentions at all to make profits then nobody would be complaining. But we have paid for this product and also because their promise was "100% game compatibility with 3DS games". So that's normal if we are kinda mad when they don't keep us updated about how this update is going.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm sorry but when you are selling a lot of products and making tons of money, the minimum that you can do is to answer to your customers. If it was a custom firmware with no intentions at all to make profits then nobody would be complaining. But we have paid for this product and also because their promise was "100% game compatibility with 3DS games". So that's normal if we are kinda mad when they don't keep us updated about how this update is going.
1) Nobody would be complaining? I'm pretty sure a ton of people would still be complaining.
2) Yes, we have paid for Gateway. We also paid for the 3DS, and for some people, for the sole reason of using Gateway to play games for free. By your logic, shouldn't we just get all 3DS games for free from Nintendo anyway, since they owe us?
3) When did they promise 100% compatibility?
4) This has been addressed plenty of times. If they say "New update will be here next week!" and something unexpected occurs, then there'll be a lot of angry users. Wouldn't it be better to get the thing polished as much as possible and to not promise dates that they can't 100% guarantee?

Reactions: porkiewpyne

krzz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
1) Nobody would be complaining? I'm pretty sure a ton of people would still be complaining.
2) Yes, we have paid for Gateway. We also paid for the 3DS, and for some people, for the sole reason of using Gateway to play games for free. By your logic, shouldn't we just get all 3DS games for free from Nintendo anyway, since they owe us?
3) When did they promise 100% compatibility?
4) This has been addressed plenty of times. If they say "New update will be here next week!" and something unexpected occurs, then there'll be a lot of angry users. Wouldn't it be better to get the thing polished as much as possible and to not promise dates that they can't 100% guarantee?

1) Only stupid people would be complaining.
2) I don't care about what people are doing. I am not talking about piracy but about the Gateway-3DS team.
3) Lol. Just open their website please and watch on the left. "Support all 3DS roms up to date". Also they are talking about it in some news.
4) I also don't care about it. All that I would like is some news. "01/11/2013: Our work is close to completion" yes sure, then 21 days ago no beta test, no news, nothing. That's why people are angry. We would just like some news. I don't care if the update will be here in 2 or 3 months. I would just like a word from them, or atleast an answer to my e-mail.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Only stupid people would be complaining.
2) I don't care about what people are doing. I am not talking about piracy but about the Gateway-3DS team.
3) Lol. Just open their website please and watch on the left. "Support all 3DS roms up to date". Also they are talking about it in some news.
4) I also don't care about it. All that I would like is some news. "01/11/2013: Our work is close to completion" yes sure, then 21 days ago no beta test, no news, nothing. That's why people are angry. We would just like some news. I don't care if the update will be here in 2 or 3 months. I would just like a word from them, or atleast an answer to my e-mail.
1) A ton of people are stupid, so my point still stands.
3) That's less of a promise and more of an outdated graphic.
2/4) You're only upset because you haven't heard from them in a while? That's silly. You're saying you'd be madder if they suddenly release the update next week than if they just said it'll take 2-3 months? It'll be ready when it's ready, no matter how many people complain about it.

I can't imagine it's very easy to do the things they're doing. Sure, at first they just used an exploit that had already been found by other parties, but now they're doing their own work, whether it's finding new exploits, writing code for their new features, etc. I'm sure there are still a good number of 3DS games that you haven't played on your Gateway yet. I suggest focusing on them for the time being, or better yet, buy your own games. I've been playing Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies recently, and I've been enjoying it. I have that, then almost every 3DS game ever dumped, then almost every PS3 game ever dumped, and then almost every PC game ever dumped at my disposal. When you have that much to choose from, there's no excuse to be waiting around for an update that will only add a handful of new games to play.

Reactions: porkiewpyne

xshoyz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I wish they'd just released the updated loader they teased back in October; specifically the ability to dump your own games, rather than holding it hostage to emunand and 2.0. I have one imported non-dumped game I'm dying to play and all I need is the dumper..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pikachu charge my tesla