Hacking 3DS Flashcarts - News, Updates, and Support Thread

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Wow, this is really sad.. apparently Nintendo patched my console without my consent... still in 4.5 though.
Edit: I reapplied GW's installer and everything went back to normal.

dagro

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, this is really sad.. apparently Nintendo patched my console without my consent... still in 4.5 though.
Can you explain how it happened? Today I took my 3ds on the tube (we get free wifi) and while in my pocket I knocked the wireless switch, luckily it didn't update it has been 5 hours since. Is your update related to wireless being on?

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What happened??

Can you explain how it happened? Today I took my 3ds on the tube (we get free wifi) and while in my pocket I knocked the wireless switch, luckily it didn't update it has been 5 hours since. Is your update related to wireless being on?

Phew, it's ok now guys, sorry for overreacting about this. The exploit stopped working randomly, instead of activating Gateway mode, it just returned an error continually and the system was resetting itself after this. I just had to repatch the DS mode with GW's Installer (DS patcher).

IMRAN_PETER

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Buddies I have another question regarding Gateway,
If I updated my 3DS to 4.1 via a gamecart(I found Rabbids Rumble below 10$) will the firmware spoofing work for games needed greater than 4.1 firmware..? I mean, can I play 4.4 or 4.5 firmware games in my 4.1 3DS..?

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If I updated my 3DS to 4.1 via a gamecart(I found Rabbids Rumble below 10$) will the firmware spoofing work for games needed greater than 4.1 firmware..? I mean, can I play 4.4 or 4.5 firmware games in my 4.1 3DS..?

I think so but anyway when emunand will come you won't face this eventual issue.

Reactions: IMRAN_PETER

inuyasha555

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

That would work. Even if it doesn't you could use Gateway 1.0 without firmware spoofing and run a ROM requiring 4.5 firmware and update it to 4.5 using that.

IMRAN_PETER

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It works. I own a 3DS with 4.4.X and it supports DK:C (a game which needs 4.5) and I don't get an update notification (I use GW 1.2).

masaemon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I purchase a GW and use it on my XL 4.5, and someday I want to "go back" to the official firmware and play retail cards from then on, is that possible?
Can I "uninstall" GW safely and update to official FW anytime I want? how could I do that?
Thanks in advance.

dagro

Trophies
XP
Country
If I purchase a GW and use it on my XL 4.5, and someday I want to "go back" to the official firmware and play retail cards from then on, is that possible?
Can I "uninstall" GW safely and update to official FW anytime I want? how could I do that?
Thanks in advance.
Yep gateway is uninstalled as soon as you access any of the nintendo products. Everytime you access those you gotta use blue card to patch again and restart, this isn't much hassle if you just play games cause you don't have to do it every time. Even if you access official stuff it takes like 1min to patch and run the game.

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yep gateway is uninstalled as soon as you access any of the nintendo products.
verytime you access those you gotta use blue card to patch again and restart, this isn't much hassle if you just play games cause you don't have to do it every time. Even if you access official stuff it takes like 1min to patch and run the game.

that's not true, it uninstalls everytime you run ds code

masaemon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your replies > dagro & ground

So do you mean:
1) if I want to play a retail card temporally (with update program below 4.5), I need a DS game(or a DS flash card?) to run once then I can use the retail 3DS card safely?
2) if I want to play retail cards permanently(with update programs above 5.x), I CAN just update my 3DS using the update programs which contained in the retail card? won't that brick my 3ds?
3) if I want to play retail cards temporally (with update programs above 5.x), that's not possible for now without emu-NAND.

Forgive my ignorance, I have some other questions:
4) Can the GW files be uninstalled completely just as a totally "CLEAN" official 3DS?
5) I did see some information that say "Once you used GW on your 3DS, updating to official FWs might brick your 3ds", is that true?
e.g. :
buy a 4.1 console -> update to 4.5 by a retail card -> use GW = safe
buy a 4.1 console -> use GW -> update to 4.5 by a retail card = might brick?
buy a 4.1 console -> update to 4.5 by a retail card -> use GW -> update to 6.x = might brick?

Or if I uninstall GW before updating will be absolutely safe?

Sorry for being so wordy, please give me your helps. Thanks!

dagro

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your replies > dagro & ground

So do you mean:
1) if I want to play a retail card temporally (with update program below 4.5), I need a DS game(or a DS flash card?) to run once then I can use the retail 3DS card safely?
2) if I want to play retail cards permanently(with update programs above 5.x), I CAN just update my 3DS using the update programs which contained in the retail card? won't that brick my 3ds?
3) if I want to play retail cards temporally (with update programs above 5.x), that's not possible for now without emu-NAND.

Forgive my ignorance, I have some other questions:
4) Can the GW files be uninstalled completely just as a totally "CLEAN" official 3DS?
5) I did see some information that say "Once you used GW on your 3DS, updating to official FWs might brick your 3ds", is that true?
e.g. :
buy a 4.1 console -> update to 4.5 by a retail card -> use GW = safe
buy a 4.1 console -> use GW -> update to 4.5 by a retail card = might brick?
buy a 4.1 console -> update to 4.5 by a retail card -> use GW -> update to 6.x = might brick?

Or if I uninstall GW before updating will be absolutely safe?

Sorry for being so wordy, please give me your helps. Thanks!

1) Yes just put the game in there is no bricking.
2) Yep don't even bother upgrading just wait if you eagerly want to play pokemon/animal crossing etc because all the teams are redirecting the firmware source to SD rather than support firmware 5+. You can actually play MANY fw 5+ games right now with spoofing just not the ones with new SDK (there is a thread someone on the forum explaining).
3) Just pick a side Retail or Pirate. Even with the so called emunand there is a chance you won't be able to play retail as the reason for that is to support eshop or backup. Only the flashcard would know where the firmware is located on SD to make use of it, I know gateway team is adding support for retail to allow what you want but its not priority so might not be in 2.0.
4) Well I can't really say about completely clean but clean enough that you won't see any changes on your screen like if you were to return it to retail store they won't know anything. On the other hand if you return to nintendo they might be able to open your 3DS and see for changes but idk about that.
5) Nah Nintendo WANTS you to update so gateway doesn't work they won't brick it, its more money for them.

I don't know why you want to update to 4.5 if you already got 4.1 just keep the damn thing and play with spoofing you can play pretty much all the games. I been playing rune factory 4 on european ds. My 3DS is 4.5-10e and I shouldn't be allowed to play rf4 as its 5.x-10u (its coming out in europe next year).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1