Hacking 3DS Flashcarts - News, Updates, and Support Thread

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Wonder if anyone can answer this question for me? I have a gateway and want to play Zelda - Ocarina but want to play the Master Quest version without completing the normal game - is this possible at all? If someone were to upload a save would I be able to use it?

Cheers,

rr

kiefer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi. I've copied the files from the "Blue Card (r4i)" folder to a formatted microSD, then put the microSD card in the blue gateway installer. I tried to load up the Deep Labyrinth software and got "Can't open_dsmenu.dat".

Strangely, I couldn't find anything about this on google. I have seen the message occurs for r4 cards, but not with Gateway. Surely someone else has had this problem.

What can I do to solve it and get the installer to run? I am somewhat frustrated, as I have already had to buy a new 3DSXL with lower software, and I still can't get it to work. I'm not an impatient person, but I don't like wasting money.

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi. I've copied the files from the "Blue Card (r4i)" folder to a formatted microSD, then put the microSD card in the blue gateway installer. I tried to load up the Deep Labyrinth software and got "Can't open_dsmenu.dat".

Strangely, I couldn't find anything about this on google. I have seen the message occurs for r4 cards, but not with Gateway. Surely someone else has had this problem.

What can I do to solve it and get the installer to run? I am somewhat frustrated, as I have already had to buy a new 3DSXL with lower software, and I still can't get it to work. I'm not an impatient person, but I don't like wasting money.
Did you put the launcher file on the SD card?

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Can you have multiple saves and swap between them?

EXAMPLE... Metal Gear Solid 3: 3D only allows for one save but the game has so many amazing parts.

Like on my PS2 I have saves for The Boss, boss fight, a save for The End boss fight etc etc.

Any way I can create multiple saves in the playthrough and swap between them?

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you have multiple saves and swap between them?

EXAMPLE... Metal Gear Solid 3: 3D only allows for one save but the game has so many amazing parts.

Like on my PS2 I have saves for The Boss, boss fight, a save for The End boss fight etc etc.

Any way I can create multiple saves in the playthrough and swap between them?

It's possible but you can't swap between the two on the fly. You'd have to:

Get to the part you want to save at.
Save.
Backup the .sav file off the 3DS' SD card to your computer.
Keep playing the game and when you want to play that part again you've got to backup your current save and put the one you previously backed up onto the 3DS' SD card.

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Eobb, should be as simple as taking out your 3ds's sdcard and backing up the right sav file and then deleting it from the sdcard.

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Seems like 3DSLink team is planning on such an update too, they have emuNAND and zelda/batman working, no multirom or pokemon though...

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's the same video.....
Same as what ?

Also, I don't know why there's nobody trying to make all those linkers obsolete by releasing a modification which would allow launching those backups from the internal SD card...

dezmen

Trophies
XP
Country
Same as what ?

Also, I don't know why there's nobody trying to make all those linkers obsolete by releasing a modification which would allow launching those backups from the internal SD card...
3DSLink is a extra r4i brand. Same team, same hardware and sofrware, different stickers.

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So I guess if those teams got this working, what's holding GW Team to release is NAND saving games or multirom function, maybe both ?

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's not what I said. The "SDK 5.1 problem" was related to the OFW, so booting these ROMs on a higher firmware, in this case 6.3, fixes the problem. Card2 games are a completely different story.

Damn, we really need a way to make those games working, I don't see why it's so difficult though, what's so exotic about this saving method ?

skarthebloodchild

Keep It Old School
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
That's not what I said. The "SDK 5.1 problem" was related to the OFW, so booting these ROMs on a higher firmware, in this case 6.3, fixes the problem. Card2 games are a completely different story.

If they had fixed pokemon then they would show something.
This is the best seller any kid want to play.
Card2 games seems like they are an obstacle to them.

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well with the other teams showing that they're capable of innovation and not only copy/pasta of the GWTeam work, maybe the competition to make NAND saving games will rise...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy