Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pyrmon24 said:
iFish said:
It is a good thing I don't plan to buy it right away
smile.gif
I may wait until the next iteration. Anyone else will do that?

you mean of the 3DS? Yeah I'll proabably do that too, Nintendo tends to release a version around 2 years later that makes the original look like crap, now if you've got money to throw then it's fine you can just buy both but if like me you'e on a budget it's best to hold out a while

KuRensan

aka Pearbook
Trophies
Website
intheseaofclouds.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
imz said:
pyrmon24 said:
iFish said:
smile.gif

you mean of the 3DS? Yeah I'll proabably do that too, Nintendo tends to release a version around 2 years later that makes the original look like crap, now if you've got money to throw then it's fine you can just buy both but if like me you'e on a budget it's best to hold out a while

I'm not going to wait... I mean the wii didn't even had a next generation yet and the wii is cheaper than the 3DS so maybe the 3DS will have the same as the wii

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SOS-Rens said:
imz said:
pyrmon24 said:
iFish said:
smile.gif

I'm not going to wait... I mean the wii didn't even had a next generation yet and the wii is cheaper than the 3DS so maybe the 3DS will have the same as the wii
I would like to wait, but I know I could never last 2 years. So I might as well get it as early as possible since I will give in at some point
biggrin.gif
Can always trade in later, shops usually do a deal like trade in your original 3DS get £100 off the lite?

Funkenstein

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two to three decent titles was all I was expecting at launch anyways, so when more titles are added to the North America
release list I'll be pleased.

But I won't be purchasing a 3DS myself until the release of Metal Gear Solid 3, as well as a new Castlevania title.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
SPH73 said:
Goli said:
Update!
In case you didn't believe me (why wouldn't you though?), Nintendo's official website has been updated with dates for the launch line up games (2011?2?26?).

Umm, it looks like there are a lot more games than the ones you listed. I know some of them are not launch titles, but a few....

Something fishy here...

Who here can read Japanese?
laugh.gif
I think that's their whole 2011 line up. or Spring 2011 to be more specific.

And I saw a Naruto game. Insta-buy.
biggrin.gif

And, looks like prof layton is a launch title, and that Dinosaur thingy. lol googlechrome autotranslate ftw!

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:

Thanks _Chaz_

So many "Spring 2011" titles....
mellow.gif

Makes you wonder what they mean by "Spring?"

3DS is rumored to launch in US/EU in late March. That's basically the start of spring. They also claimed Zelda would come out in the spring. Makes you wonder....

Super Mario 64 DS at DS Launch
Zelda OoT 3DS at 3DS launch

Two N64 games, two different systems...

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ferret7463 said:
Bladexdsl said:
1234turtles said:
i just hope flashcarts for the ds will work on the 3ds
they won't
smileipb2.png
Don't be so quick to judge, I played my X-Rom on my ds phat for a long time before a slot one solution. Though with these lousy launch titles, I will just buy a couple of GOOD used DS games to play till something better comes along. My Phat is dying.
unsure.gif
if you think carts will magically work on the 3ds from start than prepare to be disappointed
smileipb2.png

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
ferret7463 said:
Bladexdsl said:
1234turtles said:
i just hope flashcarts for the ds will work on the 3ds
they won't
smileipb2.png
Don't be so quick to judge, I played my X-Rom on my ds phat for a long time before a slot one solution. Though with these lousy launch titles, I will just buy a couple of GOOD used DS games to play till something better comes along. My Phat is dying.
unsure.gif
if you think carts will magically work on the 3ds from start than prepare to be disappointed
smileipb2.png
I doubt it would "Magically" work, but there are always work arounds.
evil.gif

FreddeX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Extremely dissappointing, considering cancelling my preorder. Only one Nintendo developed game - Nintendogs, which most certainly is a lame game if you have or ever have had a real pet. I'm not expecting a better lineup for Europe, even if they delay it until summer. I'm basing this on looking through the japanese release lists (for this year and beyond) and not finding much of interest:
Launch/Spring
Rest of 2011
TBD (i.e. probably 2012)

I don't expect any big games (world-wide recognition) to be missing from these pages, and then it's just sad to not find a single title in 2011 which is a must-play for me. Papermario and Mariokart are the two games I was looking forward to most, and TBD/"tentative"/"working title" does not bode well for 2011.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FireGrey said:
ron975 said:
Raikiri said:
why is everyone complaining?
i prefer 100 % finished games instead of games that have been rushed just to make it a launch title
let them fine tune the games, it'll be worthwhile! (I hope)

and with games like these, it gives you more time to save up for the 3DS as you wont have to buy it at launch
wink.gif

If you don't buy at launch, Big N is gonna through some more doses of Anti-Piracy on it. When an exploit that allows homebrew and flashcarts get discovered, but only on early consoles, I'll bet you'll be complaining back.

Besides, I already saved enough to get some games and my dad's getting me a 3DS for free, so why not? I want the Red one
biggrin.gif

Edit:
Unrelated, but right now, there's an ad that says DOWNLOAD below this post right now.
Ad fail.
We don't know about the Anti-Piracy so you cant be sure of that.
They have automatic updates they say so it would be the same buying a 3DS at launch or buying a 3ds 3 months after cause they will both be update thanks to the auto updates.
Sure you could turn off wi-fi, but that would mean you can't game online.

First of all, I'm almost positive the launch colors are black and black/blue.

Also, there were articles about the 3DS possibly having auto-updates, but I'm pretty sure that's illegal, and even if it's not, I can never see it happening.

Edit:
Also, I'm really pissed if this is the US's lineup too.

All I care about having is one good game. I was hoping for either Kid Icarus or Ocarina of Time. I wasn't even expecting both.

Street Fighter may be good, but I hate fighting games, and Professor Layton is good too but I never played the second and third games so I don't really want to skip to the fourth.

Looks like I might not be getting it at launch then.

SmokeFox

Trophies
Website
www.romhacking.net
XP
Country
Brazil
I guess it is a good list, but for me Nintendo is strangely hidding something, we all know these things, and because it is kinda of a change too, because, Nintendo ds is full of retro games, and now with the 3ds Nintendo is rocking things up, and if they release all the secrets it could be bad for the market.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SmokeFox said:
I've been thinking that if nintendo will block cards like R4 M3 ant etc?
That's got to be the dumbest............................

Ok........ Just let it go Mantis......... Just let it go................

Rukia-san

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I was expecting at least one of those three: Zelda, Kid Icarus or even RE : Revelations, I'm so disappointed but there is still hope for the EU/US lineup, isn't? I'm less excited about getting a 3DS at launch now.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Considering how much footage we've had of resident evil, I would bet money that one of the resi games make it as a launch title in the US/UK
Shame mario kart is not a launch title it would sell like crazy, especially bundled with the 3DS.

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
hova1 said:
i guess i am the only one who really likes musou games. i wanted a musou game for launch even before the first games were announced for 3DS.
well, sucks for you guys who want games that came out 7-13 years ago
you guys act like these are the games that'll come out in EU/US. I doubt that professor layton will be a launch title here because the 4th game hasn't been announced yet.
I'm new to Dynasty Warriors games, but I've been playing Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2 on the 360 for the last few weeks and really loving it.
If Samurai Warriors Chronicle is anything like that then it's a definite buy for me.
Someone else was saying it was known to be bad or luke-warm, but a lot of reviews of DW: Gundam 2 were a bit luke-warm too so I'm not too worried.

QUOTE(DeadLocked @ Jan 10 2011, 12:25 AM) Considering how much footage we've had of resident evil, I would bet money that one of the resi games make it as a launch title in the US/UK
Shame mario kart is not a launch title it would sell like crazy, especially bundled with the 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter