• Views 4,509,022
  • Replies 53,794
  • Likes 43

Jayl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 3DSBank installed and made a few folders to sort my software and get around the 300 icon limit. However, I'm not sure how to fully utilize this. I think I need to redownload anything in the new folders instead of simply moving or copying them. That's fine, but how do I get Homebrew Launcher and FBI onto the new bank folders?

I followed the usual guide to get Luma, GM9, Homebrew Launcher, FBI, etc. installed, but that was all pretty automatic, so I don't fully understand the ins and outs of sideloading from scratch yet. The only thing I could think to do was run the script from GM9 (all that's in there now is GM9Megascript) while 3DSBank is set to one of those folders. That didn't do anything. If I can get FBI and Homebrew Launcher in these other bank folders, I imagine I'll be good to go for the foreseeable future.

Thank you!

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 3DSBank installed and made a few folders to sort my software and get around the 300 icon limit. However, I'm not sure how to fully utilize this.
It's pretty straightforward, just read/follow the OP here.
I think I need to redownload anything in the new folders instead of simply moving or copying them.
If you're talking about Homebrew apps, stuff like fbi & homebrew launcher etc. then yes, you'd have to install them for each "Nintendo 3ds" folder created, im talking about "cia" versions of these apps. though you can just use the "3dsx" versions of these apps without the need of installing them multiple times for each "Nintendo 3ds" folder (through Rosalina Menu), as they are stored in their "3ds" folder on the root of the sdcard separate from the aforementioned "Nintendo 3ds" folders.
And as for Luma3DS & GodMode9, you don't need to reinstall them, they're not apps.
That's fine, but how do I get Homebrew Launcher and FBI onto the new bank folders?
Above.
I followed the usual guide to get Luma, GM9, Homebrew Launcher, FBI, etc. installed, but that was all pretty automatic, so I don't fully understand the ins and outs of sideloading from scratch yet. The only thing I could think to do was run the script from GM9 (all that's in there now is GM9Megascript) while 3DSBank is set to one of those folders. That didn't do anything. If I can get FBI and Homebrew Launcher in these other bank folders, I imagine I'll be good to go for the foreseeable future.
To switch to other "Nintendo 3ds" folders you open 3dsbank and change to the other folder. Like i said, pretty straightforward. If you want to install fbi, homebrew launcher cias for each "Nintendo 3ds" that's fine, you can do that, you'd just have to DL the .3dsx versions of both of these apps and store them in the "3ds" folder on the root of your sdcard, run the Download Play app and hold L+down (dpad)+select to access Rosalina Menu, scroll down and click on "Misc options" and then "switch to hb app", and it'll switch to the Homebrew Launcher. You'd have to do this every time if you want to use the "3dsx" versions, unless you install the cia of homebrew launcher on both "Nintendo 3ds" folders..

Jayl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much for the kind and thorough reply. I think I have a better understanding of the features and my options now. Since I won't be using those apps frequently anyway, launching through Homebrew Launcher via Rosalina will do just fine. It would save storage space and keep the 3DS home menu looking cleaner, too. I'll switch from cias to 3dsx versions. I expect I'll be good for now. Thanks again!

Reactions: BigOnYa

HelpTheWretched

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's been a couple months since I asked, so I hope this is okay.

I've got an old cheat plugin in .PLG format. The creators aren't really into this scene so it's unlikely they'll make a .3GX version. How would one go about using a .PLG in this day and age? BootNTR Selector isn't working like it used to, so perhaps I haven't updated it properly.

VermillionJunk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New member here! Made an account specifically to ask this question as others don't seem to know.
I want to transfer all my data from a US N3DS to a JP N3DSXL. Like literally everything: streetpass, spotpass and all the other misc data. It's surprising how much data some games make on the 3DS like Theatrhythm, Smash, AC, etc.
I'm aware the actual system transfer function is wonky since the devices are different regions. What's the best method/app to do this? Appreciated!

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm aware the actual system transfer function is wonky since the devices are different regions.
If by "wonky" you mean "won't work at all", then yes.

Pretty much your only option is to just back up the save data for each game using Checkpoint, re-install the game on your new unit, and then restore the save data. (Some games have extdata as well as standard save data.)

If you installed your games from a cartridge or from a .cia, then you can install them on your new unit the same way. Otherwise, you can use godmode9 to dump each of the installed games on your old unit to a .cia and the install the .cia on your new unit.

This can get tricky for internal titles like Streetpass Mii Plaza, but apparently it can be done. If you haven't region-changed your unit then I kind of doubt the US Steetpass Mii Plaza data will work with the JPN Streetpass Mii Plaza, though. In any case, you will have to edit the Checkpoint configuration file to enable access to NAND titles.

shunoia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
I have no idea what Xlink Kai is, but people are hard at work on "Pretendo network".

Xlink Kai is basically a service that simulates LAN / Ad-Hoc for consoles like the PSP, OG Xbox, PS2 and many many more!

Pretendo Network looks promising, thanks!

VermillionJunk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If by "wonky" you mean "won't work at all", then yes.

Pretty much your only option is to just back up the save data for each game using Checkpoint, re-install the game on your new unit, and then restore the save data. (Some games have extdata as well as standard save data.)

If you installed your games from a cartridge or from a .cia, then you can install them on your new unit the same way. Otherwise, you can use godmode9 to dump each of the installed games on your old unit to a .cia and the install the .cia on your new unit.

This can get tricky for internal titles like Streetpass Mii Plaza, but apparently it can be done. If you haven't region-changed your unit then I kind of doubt the US Steetpass Mii Plaza data will work with the JPN Streetpass Mii Plaza, though. In any case, you will have to edit the Checkpoint configuration file to enable access to NAND titles.
I may have been thinking of region-changing 3DS as being wonky as that seems to still be hit or miss.

Extdata is exactly what was I was thinking of. I remember on an old 3DS, some games had missing data because the extdata wasn't transaferred properly. Checkpoint is what I already assumed I would use but wanted to hear it from someone else.

I'm a huge sucker for Streetpass--I was a big traveler back in the day and utilized streetpass features in most games. Guess I'm just a sucker for having someone's secret base in Pokemon. Is there a guide for NAND files on Checkpoint? i thought that was DSi files.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm a huge sucker for Streetpass--I was a big traveler back in the day and utilized streetpass features in most games. Guess I'm just a sucker for having someone's secret base in Pokemon.
All that data is stored in the standard save data. There is no separate storage for old StreetPass data, if that's what you're thinking. (There's the internal queue where incoming StreetPass data is stored, which can be altered as in https://gbatemp.net/threads/streetpass-2-rise-from-the-ashes.526749/ .)

Is there a guide for NAND files on Checkpoint?
Consult the documentation.
https://github.com/BernardoGiordano/Checkpoint

i thought that was DSi files.
Both DSi games and internal titles like Streetpass Mii Plaza (and AR Games and Face Raiders and so on) are stored on the NAND. That is why they are still available with the SD card removed.

ElaineFrost

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
My Animal Crossing New Leaf save file got corrupted all of a sudden and I had to delete it. Can I somehow recover it through programs like Disk Drill? I don't have a backup.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Animal Crossing New Leaf save file got corrupted all of a sudden and I had to delete it. Can I somehow recover it through programs like Disk Drill? I don't have a backup.

Digital format of the game save data is stored on SD card, you can try to restore the data with data recovery program.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My Animal Crossing New Leaf save file got corrupted all of a sudden and I had to delete it.
Animal Crossing uses "anti savegame restore" (sometimes known as "secure value") and can report the data as corrupted even when there was just a problem with saving the data. But now that you've deleted it, you have other problems.

Can I somehow recover it through programs like Disk Drill?
Why don't you try it and find out?

FlakBlast

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lately I've been getting this error message on my modded 3DS whenever I open it from sleep mode. I've looked online for what this error means, but the only post I've found suggested that it's because of a bad nightly build of Luma. I'd link the post if I had permission, but I just created this account. Can anyone please give me more info on what caused this?

An error occurred (ErrDisp)

Error type: generic

Process ID: 20
Process name: gsp
Process title ID: 0004013000001c02

Address: 0x00105268
Error code: 0xf8a02bfe

Press any button to reboot.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Have a switch with auto rcm enabled. If this will not be played for a week, how would you go about making sure the battery doesnt drain? Just turn screen off or shut down switch?

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have a switch with auto rcm enabled. If this will not be played for a week, how would you go about making sure the battery doesnt drain? Just turn screen off or shut down switch?
Wrong thread for Switch, but if you have a RCM jig, and a payload injector tool, then obv turning completely off will save more battery.

• Wow
Reactions: ganons

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu