• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I bet this is stupid but, could I set up the 3ds to get update data from my PC (as a server) ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello guys. I'm about to buy another 3ds and get a gateway for it. I already have one which has version 4.5 on it. Does the profile exploit work on any other version than 4.5? I'd like that exploit as i'll be gifting both 3DS's to my nieces and want them to be able to use them without the chance of an online update (just keep them offline at all times). Thank you.
up to 6.x i believe

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
any tutorials? could I do this to get to 10.3?
edit: looked around at Google and couldnt find anything seems no one has tried or hasnt documented it. And the GBAtemp search is shit.
edit2: seems there is one but do I need NTR cfw or are there other possible routes?

Last edited by TheDarkGreninja,

glasshalffull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have two options here.

1. Get an Emunand. The only people that have accidentally updated their SysNand are those who clearly didn't take enough precautions/did something wrong.
2. Wait for a crypto-fixed rom of the game.

Thanks for the super-speedy reply! Just a few follow-up questions:

1. I'm not familiar with the term "crypto-fixed", but I'm assuming it means some sort of anti-piracy measure on the rom has been disabled, which allows me to run it on Gateway without emuNAND. Do all 3DS games have this anti-piracy measure at release, and I've just been lucky enough to download "crypto-fixed" roms of games which have allowed me to play them?

2. I've often looked at this website (http://www.3dsdb.com/) to see what roms are available. FE Fates was not on the list yesterday (but it is now). If a game is on this list, does that mean that it has been "crypto-fixed"? If so, then my solution will be very simple since I can just hunt down the crypto-fixed rom of FE Fates right now.

3. Do all games eventually get crypto-fixed or are some only playable with emuNAND forever? In other words, are there versions of Smash Bros and Puzzles and Dragons which are crypto-fixed and which I can play without emuNAND if I find them? If so, I'm patient and don't mind waiting until I get a crypto-fixed version of FE Fates.

4. For future reference, when a game successfully loads on my home screen, but fails to run past the initial "Nintendo 3DS" screen (as FE Fates, Smash Bros, Puzzles&Dragons did for me), should I take that as confirmation that I am running a non crypto-fixed rom and need to find another fixed rom? If so, that would save me a lot of troubleshooting time.

Thanks again for your patience and help!

Last edited by glasshalffull,

Bereavement

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to update my 4.2.0-9U 3ds to 9.2
But, whenever I open SysUpdater, it opens but when I press A to update it opens ctrbootmanager...
PLEASE HELP

Last edited by Bereavement,

JohnathanMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just an update, I formatted my SD card, both pc and 3ds, and updated to 10.5 again. Still won't load with rxtools or cake. 2ds 6.0.0-12U. EmuNand works fine before I update. I wonder if its because of 10.5? Is there a way to update EmuNand to 10.4 or does it have to be updated via system update only?

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the super-speedy reply! Just a few follow-up questions:

1. I'm not familiar with the term "crypto-fixed", but I'm assuming it means some sort of anti-piracy measure on the rom has been disabled, which allows me to run it on Gateway without emuNAND. Do all 3DS games have this anti-piracy measure at release, and I've just been lucky enough to download "crypto-fixed" roms of games which have allowed me to play them?

2. I've often looked at this website (http://www.3dsdb.com/) to see what roms are available. FE Fates was not on the list yesterday (but it is now). If a game is on this list, does that mean that it has been "crypto-fixed"? If so, then my solution will be very simple since I can just hunt down the crypto-fixed rom of FE Fates right now.

3. Do all games eventually get crypto-fixed or are some only playable with emuNAND forever? In other words, are there versions of Smash Bros and Puzzles and Dragons which are crypto-fixed and which I can play without emuNAND if I find them? If so, I'm patient and don't mind waiting until I get a crypto-fixed version of FE Fates.

4. For future reference, when a game successfully loads on my home screen, but fails to run past the initial "Nintendo 3DS" screen (as FE Fates, Smash Bros, Puzzles&Dragons did for me), should I take that as confirmation that I am running a non crypto-fixed rom and need to find another fixed rom? If so, that would save me a lot of troubleshooting time.

Thanks again for your patience and help!

1. Crypto-fix is basically making the game playable on firmwares <9.7.

2. How did you get that idea... No. 3dsdb is just a list giving details on games.

3. No... It'll be crypto-fixed when someone wants to crypto-fix it.

4. Yes.

So just an update, I formatted my SD card, both pc and 3ds, and updated to 10.5 again. Still won't load with rxtools or cake. 2ds 6.0.0-12U. EmuNand works fine before I update. I wonder if its because of 10.5? Is there a way to update EmuNand to 10.4 or does it have to be updated via system update only?

Did you try including the keys?

quackstar84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So a coldboot is when you turn your 3ds on it goes straight into emunand? And to get into sysnand you'd need to press L2 or something while powering on? That would be much more ideal than nset. Thanks thedude28.

Bereavement

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously need help with this... Nothing I try is working.
Everytime I press A to update in SysUpdater it returns me to either homebrew menu, or ctrbootmanager..
I'm about to just update to 10.5 using system settings and then downgrading from that to 9.2 with ninjhax and browserhax

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seriously need help with this... Nothing I try is working.
Everytime I press A to update in SysUpdater it returns me to either homebrew menu, or ctrbootmanager..
I'm about to just update to 10.5 using system settings and then downgrading from that to 9.2 with ninjhax and browserhax

Are you trying to update Emunand?

glasshalffull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2. How did you get that idea... No. 3dsdb is just a list giving details on games.

3. No... It'll be crypto-fixed when someone wants to crypto-fix it.

In regards to your response to question 2, I think I got that idea because under the "releasename" column on that website, all the game titles have another name at the end of them (eg. "BigBlueBox" is at the end of FE Fates). I assumed this was the name of the group that cracked/fixed the rom so that it was easily playable. If this website list is just giving standard details about 3DS games, I would have expected there to be lots of random names at the end of game titles under the "releasename" column since anyone can make a rom off a cartridge they own and upload it to the internet. But on that list every game has the same few names, like BigBlueBox, Pussycat, Abstrakt, and Venom, which made me think that there were certain groups "cracking" the roms. Sorta like torrents for PC games tend to have the same names attached to the titles like CODEX, RG Freedom, SKIDROW or RELOADED (which I assumed were names of the groups cracking the games). Anyway, thanks for clarifying that.

One last question--is there an easy way to know if a game or rom is crypto-fixed? Other than downloading it and trying it out? I actually have never seen the words "crypto-fixed" on any of the websites where I download games. If there is a list of available crypto-fixed games online, please let me know. Thanks again!

Last edited by glasshalffull,

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'll try that but I don't see how it would solve the problem.
Wouldn't that just make a loop of opening sysupdater?

No, you boot straight into Sysupdater.

Because first you go CTR-->Homebrew-->Sysupdater--> back to homebrew.

Then if you can't boot into Sysupdater then you can't do anything about it.

But you can't update to 10.5, you'd need a hardmod to downgrade.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing fine, and you?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Hi