• Views 4,514,786
  • Replies 53,796
  • Likes 43

takasu27

Trophies
p-7 rosario, santiago city, isabela region 2
XP
Country
Those injectable files are only for 11.2 so if you haven't updated to 11.2 yet, do so (like the guide tells you to do) then try to reinject FBI.
tnx for fast reply. i already updated my 3ds to latest still having trouble injecting fbi im kinda stuck because i cant inject fbi

my2k2zx2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After setting up AL9H/Luma on 2 stock 2DS units, I'm ready to update mine but not sure what steps to follow.

I'm on stock 4.5 with an rxtools emunand 11.0.0. I get how I would set up the 4.5 wtih al9h & luma. I'm not seeing anything in the guide that explains what to do with the emunand portion of my system.

Any help is appreciated.

naughty_cat

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Could someone please explain to me in simple terms how to backup my title tickets from one emunand installation (That I would install to the sysnand) using decrypt9, and then inject them later into a new 9.x sysnand installation?? What I'm trying to do is to be able to launch my titles that are stored in the SD card. I have some titles that are playable on one 9.0 GW emunand, and I'd like to be able to access the same games on a fresh 9.2 sysnand Luma enabled installation. I just need the propper Decrypt9 instructions for importing my titles that are on my SD card from one emunand to another...

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Is anyone working on a way to downgrade N3DS firmware 11.1 to 9.2? If they are how close are they?
Not really. The necessary exploits are either an ARM11 kernel exploit to enable DSiWareHax with a single console, or an ARM9 one to completely remove the need for 9.2 in the first place. There is no exploit of either kind publicly available right now. Though, slowhax is a thing. Not released yet, however. Apart from that, either 2-console DSiWareHax or a hardmod downgrade.

Sent from my cave of despair where I collect souls

Last edited by gnmmarechal,
Reactions: Arubaro

Stash23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Concerning backing up NANDs with either Hourglasss9 or Decrypt9, what's the difference between the "NAND Backup" and it's "(min size)" counterpart? Aside from smaller size, what else is done?

KytuzuEX

Recreate your Re:Creators by Recreating.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Is possible to make a DSiWare game legit?

Is it safe to transfer from a banned 3DS to a New N3DS? I NEED THAT Zelda Four Swords game

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Is possible to make a DSiWare game legit?
Yes, by buying it on the eShop.

Is it safe to transfer from a banned 3DS to a New N3DS? I NEED THAT Zelda Four Swords game
There is a thread up at the moment about transferring banned consoles. Check it out.

Dinomite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Delete the config.bin inside the luma folder on SD root. Also delete arm9loaderhax.bin on SD root.
Download latest version of Luma from here: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v6.6
Copy the arm9loaderhax.bin from the Lumav6.6.7z to the SD root and boot up.
Luma settings will launch.

I've forgotten to thank you for your help, that worked well. I'm still having trouble with using the online Updater but I think that's because the Updater points to a link where the files are no longer hosted. Thank you again, much appreciated

Reactions: cravas

gerkyo38

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Updated for hblauncher_loader v1.2!

Download the otherapp/ropbin from smealum's website (under the "Otherapp/ropbin payloads" section) that corresponds to your system, version, and region. Rename it to 1*-2*-3*.bin.

Where:
1* refers to n3DS or old 3DS, written as NEW or OLD.
2* refers to your current system version, written as 11-1-0-34
3* refers to your system region, written as EUR, JPN, or USA.

So, for example, I have a 2DS with 11.1.0-34U. My otherapp payload is OLD-11-1-0-34-USA.bin.

Create a folder called hblauncherloader on the root of your SD card and add that file to that folder. Open up the Homebrew Launcher Loader CIA. You should now be able to boot into the Homebrew Launcher.
Thanks so much Kunoichi you saved my life,i love you so much!,i searched all the web i dont find how to solve it,there are so many solution but neither works for me,but i have lucky when i find the answer in this great commnunity,OMG,i cant believe yet lol xD

Reactions: KunoichiZ

Ruben Burgt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

First would I like to say thanks to all the modders and the community of this site. You all have done some amazing stuff.

I do have a question I would like to ask. If I were to follow the guide to 3DS custom firmware,
from stock to arm9loaderhax, would I be able to update Sysnand to latest version without losing AL9H, Luma3ds and all the installed Cia files?
And isnt it safer to use an Emunand instead if Luma3ds?

I couldn't find any information about this in the guide and I couldn't find anything about it with Google.

Last edited by Ruben Burgt,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I know that is Eshop...

I meant for the scraped games that isn't in eshop anymore.
If they're not on the eShop and you never bought them the only way would be finding a console that *did* buy it but never associated an NNID, then system transferring onto it (merging it with your paid games) and then transferring back to your console. You may need a spare console if one is O3DS and one N3DS. For instance I got the Ambassador games onto my console by transferring the Ambassador console onto a spare N3DS, then transferring my console onto the spare, then transferring back to my console.

Reactions: KytuzuEX

TudorBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trying to install homebrew on an 8.1.0-19E 3DS. bit clueless here. Do I start straight with Decrypt9WIP. Ive skipped section I and V because its on 8.1 there is no ropbin for it. Help

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to install homebrew on an 8.1.0-19E 3DS. bit clueless here. Do I start straight with Decrypt9WIP. Ive skipped section I and V because its on 8.1 there is no ropbin for it. Help
don't know if you read the guide properly, there is nothing you do below 9.0 that requires a ropbin...

just start with https://3ds.guide/decrypt9-(browser) and keep going.

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
yes I did update the fw, version is showing 11.2.0-35. I can boot into luma and hourglass 9 no problem. when I dump and then inject the health and safety fbi it says its been successful. I then reboot and the health and safety information appears and not fbi
But when you click on the H&S app, doesn't it open the FBI (on top screen, it appears the FBI Banner) ?
If it doesn't, do a 9.2 CTR-Transfer and try again.

Yes I had installed sdless a9lh and ticked it. However now that option for Autoboot SysNAND is completely gone in the configuration.
I went back over and did the sdless again and now the configuration has v6.6 configuration however i'm still missing the same options as before.
If you ticked it when installing it on the NAND, you did wrong:
  1. Press (Select) on the main menu to eject your SD card
  2. Press (Start) to reboot with the SD card removed
    • Booting the device at least once with the SD card removed will allow you to configure the CTRNAND based luma installation
  3. Use the (A) button and the D-Pad to turn on the following:
    • “Show NAND or user string in System Settings”

1. You will need to delete the config.bin on NAND (via FBI), boot the console without the SD and luma settings will boot.

1. Config it as above, then
    Reinsert your SD card, then press Start to save and reboot!

1. This way, it will use the one from SD, and failsafe with the one from NAND only when there's no SD.

I've replied earlier but you missed it.
Use the Decrypt9 browser part of the guide, not browserhax.
https://3ds.guide/decrypt9-(browser)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1