United States
Brian10122 said:
DunkrWunkah said:
RoboticBuddy said:
Brian10122 said:
Adr990 said:
Around November / October ?!?

Ain't that a little to early?

Besides it should be December, like always.

Like always? Wii and NDS were both released in November..

In fact, so was the GameCube and probably some others.
lol yeah

Wow, this makes me think that it probably WILL be released on the first. Good thing my Birthday is on the 4th. w00terzz

Hopefully I'll be able to get it counting as my christmas present =P
From what I've read they're going to release it in Japan first. If that happens it'll suck. By now companies should be able to do global releases.

Deathmore

Trophies
XP
Country
Brian10122 said:
Why would they release it in Japan first? The last few Nintendo releases have released in NA first..
Not the DSLite, DSi and DSiXL
rolleyes.gif

Also I think we Europeans are going to get the short end of the stick, we got the DSi and DSi XL before NA, Nintendo's like ok now how can we make it fair for everyone when it comes to the 3DS launch?

"Alright we've got it, Japan and NA can have the 3DS in end november and beggining december respectively. As for Australia and NZ you can get it in the first days of 2010. Europe in normal fashion your going to get 5 months later and it'll be on the last five days of March 2011"

Meanwhile Europeans are enraged "WTF! that's so unfair"

Nintendo: "No it isn't, didn't we say all major markets before March 2011
rolleyes.gif
? Consider yourselves lucky, Also it's priced at $250 and we're gonig to make you pay £224.99 like Sony did for the Go. *Evil Nintendo Laugh"

Now that I'm done with my little show, yeah that's how Nintendo will probably be like. If Nintendo do release it in NA and Japan like in end november/beggining december and leave us for end of Q1, they're going to be no better than Sony. At least Sony had an excuse about the blu ray drives not working, I wonder what nintendo will say:

"Hello Europeans, I'm sorry to tell you that all our 3D screens are malfuctioned, and it's just the european model, yeah something like that so that's why you're getting it late. And yes we're trying our best to be like Sony"

D

Deleted User

Do Not Want. I value your explanation. Also I don't like the DS Anymore. I want the 3DS. Subliminal messaging says " O Hai Tharr burr a 3DS and screw your PSP (Twilight)"

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brian10122 said:
Why would they release it in Japan first? The last few Nintendo releases have released in NA first..
Wii was in NA a couple weeks before japan...

every other console launch in the history of nintendo has been japan first though, as far as I can recall.

Deathmore

Trophies
XP
Country
jimwhat said:
By this day in age companies should be able to do global releases.
Unless you're nintendo

micrsoft, square enix, activision and Sony's studios can do it

Nintendo however did launch the wii and ds lite with weeks between. Each country I don't see why they can't now, unless theyre trying to over throw the ps2.

Nintendo we'll love you if you release it this year for the major markets, I swear if you leave Europe out I'm going to be pissed.

Not so much for America since they're big country, they can make a launch party no matter how late. Though when we get it last no country cares
frown.gif

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Deathmore said:
Brian10122 said:
rolleyes.gif

Also I think we Europeans are going to get the short end of the stick, we got the DSi and DSi XL before NA, Nintendo's like ok now how can we make it fair for everyone when it comes to the 3DS launch?

"Alright we've got it, Japan and NA can have the 3DS in end november and beggining december respectively. As for Australia and NZ you can get it in the first days of 2010. Europe in normal fashion your going to get 5 months later and it'll be on the last five days of March 2011"

rolleyes.gif
? Consider yourselves lucky, Also it's priced at $250 and we're gonig to make you pay £224.99 like Sony did for the Go. *Evil Nintendo Laugh"

Now that I'm done with my little show, yeah that's how Nintendo will probably be like. If Nintendo do release it in NA and Japan like in end november/beggining december and leave us for end of Q1, they're going to be no better than Sony. At least Sony had an excuse about the blu ray drives not working, I wonder what nintendo will say:

"Hello Europeans, I'm sorry to tell you that all our 3D screens are malfuctioned, and it's just the european model, yeah something like that so that's why you're getting it late. And yes we're trying our best to be like Sony"

IMO Europeans getting stuff late is because it has to be translated into all of the languages first.

popoffka

Trophies
Website
popoffka.ru
XP
Country
Well, I live in country where nobody cares about Nintendo fanboys, and we'll probably get it somewhere in the middle of 2011, with price 1.5x higher than the UK one, so the only question I'm having is "will I import it from UK or from US?"
biggrin.gif

Deathmore

Trophies
XP
Country
Brian10122 said:
Deathmore said:
Brian10122 said:
rolleyes.gif

rolleyes.gif

IMO Europeans getting stuff late is because it has to be translated into all of the languages first.

Well tha gap betwwen NA and EU releases are actually closing and ocassions at the same time release, such as GTAIV FFXIII Starcraft 2 and Halo:Reach. I think we should look at the DSi launch differences since it had a different OS and that's the main problem that's going to presist. Getting the OS to translate for the 3DS. Now if they can do it quickly, I know they can look at how close pokemon games have come between releases. With DP it was 2 months, Platinum was 1 month and HG SS was 2 weeks after the NA release.

So pretty much there is hardly much of an excuse of not being able to release something with a relative short amount of period after the NA release(2 months tops). Though Japanese to the rest of the world takes quite some time to do, example is DS Lite, DSi and DSi XL release dates.

Im so certain that Japan would get it this year, not so sure on the other markets.

EDIT: Just realised something, the problem is not translating the 3DS OS, the OS already translated when it's created. So then I guess it comes down to games.

jimwhat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kind of off topic but Nintendo gave us a huge list of games that are going to come out for the 3ds. How many of those are launch titles?

Deathmore

Trophies
XP
Country
jimwhat said:
Kind of off topic but Nintendo gave us a huge list of games that are going to come out for the 3ds. How many of those are launch titles?

Nintendo haven't said anything but there's 99% chance you can expect these

Kid Icarus
Most if not all 64 remakes we've seen
Resident Evil
Mario Kart
DJ Hero
Hollywood 61
Pilot Wings 3D
Fifa
Madden
Animal Crossing

It's possible that Dragonball 3DS is also since Play.com (UK online retailer) stated that they were given a release date by Namco Bandai games which is in November19th.

http://www.play.com/Search.html?searchstri...DS}%2bc{362}%2b

This isn't your normal GameStop or Renchi website said the game comes out in 2010 because it says a date.

Play.com never put up a release date of a game UNLESS the supplier tells them to do so, now if you look at the two games Dragonball and Gundam are both made by Bandai Namco games which sort of shows that 3DS could possibly come out this year (in Europe)

Now other sites have been watching this since beginning July

Such as Kotaku, Siliconera and Pocket Gamer

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/3DS/news.asp?c=21951

Mikehoncho16

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Capcom just recently announced that their 3DS games may not make the launch, which is a good indication of it coming out really soon, probably this year.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it comes out this year I am gonna buy it. I will trade in my old DS Lite(Since I already have a DSi XL) to get it. This system would be worth getting for sure

B

ball2012003

nintendo said they are going to announce the release date and pricing in September

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if it has been resolved yet, but Gameboy Color did indeed have a different cartridge design than the original Gameboy that made it impossible to fit it in the slot. For 1, there is a rectangular cut off of the top-right corner on original cartridges and the Nintendo logo on the top bowed out on the Color, but it bowed in on the original. As for Pocket compatibility, it did indeed give a message stating that whatever Color game you inserted can't be played on that system.

PROOF:

Smurfs_Videogames_Gameboy_Color_The_Smurfs_Nightmare_Cartridge.jpg

Smurfs_Videogames_Gameboy_The_Smurfs_Cartridge.jpg

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
You're linking to a smurf website, and thanks to the previous word filter this post looks potentially worse than it is.

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlueStar said:
You're linking to a smurf website, and thanks to the previous word filter this post looks potentially worse than it is.

I didn't link to a smurf website at all. I simply provided pictures that are available on a smurf site. This is just what came up on Google for "Gameboy Color cartridge".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Meth cake lol