Homebrew 3dsHaxTool 3.0

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If they don't know how to use SoundHax then the files aren't going to help them. They still need to be able to use it.
The only advantage I see to use this an not the OSC, is if you have to program a lot of 3DS and you have 2 or 3 SD/microSD adaptors. You could install CFW and B9S in more than one unit in less time.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only advantage I see to use this an not the OSC, is if you have to program a lot of 3DS and you have 2 or 3 SD/microSD adaptors. You could install CFW and B9S in more than one unit in less time.
upir forgetting anyone that needs to do something like OCS w/ a N3DS can just use MicroSD Management

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Some people may like this better because of a GUI and everything :)
Not wanting to get on your wrong side here, but I'd rather follow 3ds.guide myself, with up-to-date files every time, than using some tool of someone I don't know who also doesn't publish the source, so god knows what's packed in that exe

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's pretty easy to tell without the source. .Net Reflector is a handy tool.
Still, no one click till will be maintained that well that it's better to use it than following the guide step by step and grabbing the latest files off their original source.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Not to be rude but the app looks terrible, looks like some 90's game trainer lol.
You shouldn't say things like this - everybody starts somewhere, and discouragement like this could cause someone to no longer try. You never know who is going to be a future smealum for some future console. Don't crush people's spirits.

jockep

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
You shouldn't say things like this - everybody starts somewhere, and discouragement like this could cause someone to no longer try. You never know who is going to be a future smealum for some future console. Don't crush people's spirits.
Well saying nothing won't make him improve either.

jockep

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
My comment wasn't about making him improve - that will happen in its own if not forced to give up because of being bullied into quitting.
And my comment was to make him see where he can improve. I havn't bullied him at all posting one somewhat harsh but honest comment, if i were to bullly him i'd chase down his other threads to trash them as well.

Ursus Major

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The way this tool is written could really be improved. Not trying to be a dick, but the look and feel is just bad.

I do understand that you are not a professional dev and you're making this tool for fun/practice.
So here's some constructive criticism about the execution of your idea, so you can improve:

1. Looks
- Most of the time, you will not want to use black as the background color. Just doesn't look easy on the eyes, if you want to give your program a dark look, try a dark gray color, looks much better! (50; 50; 53; for example)

- Don't use too many, too different colors, it makes the tool look chaotic.

- Instead of having a button for every possible Firmware/New or Old 3DS combination, you could use two comboboxes. One for "New" or "Old" and one for the Firmware version.

2. Execution
- Using command line code is perfectly fine; as long as it's hidden and necessary. Using pre made .bat files, that you just execute is really dirty and shouldn't be done.
For simple operations like copying files you can always use the languages own File.Copy method, it'll make it feel much cleaner.

If you want to do some of these things but don't know how, just reply, I'm happy to help if I have the time.

Reactions: Nomi20

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: nah who am i kidding? we all know he lives in north korea