Homebrew 3dsHaxTool 3.0

Nomi20

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way this tool is written could really be improved. Not trying to be a dick, but the look and feel is just bad.

I do understand that you are not a professional dev and you're making this tool for fun/practice.
So here's some constructive criticism about the execution of your idea, so you can improve:

1. Looks
- Most of the time, you will not want to use black as the background color. Just doesn't look easy on the eyes, if you want to give your program a dark look, try a dark gray color, looks much better! (50; 50; 53; for example)

- Don't use too many, too different colors, it makes the tool look chaotic.

- Instead of having a button for every possible Firmware/New or Old 3DS combination, you could use two comboboxes. One for "New" or "Old" and one for the Firmware version.

2. Execution
- Using command line code is perfectly fine; as long as it's hidden and necessary. Using pre made .bat files, that you just execute is really dirty and shouldn't be done.
For simple operations like copying files you can always use the languages own File.Copy method, it'll make it feel much cleaner.

If you want to do some of these things but don't know how, just reply, I'm happy to help if I have the time.
Thanks for that! I will do that if I need help! But I think I got this program to work at least :)

Reactions: RY0M43CH1Z3N

Nomi20

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You shouldn't say things like this - everybody starts somewhere, and discouragement like this could cause someone to no longer try. You never know who is going to be a future smealum for some future console. Don't crush people's spirits.

I am a very bit late to this. I am going to try and develope switch homebrew in the future!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76bIuU_g6A8