guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there,

1- I would like to know if I buy a Super Slim that just came from factory will still work with 3Key?

2- Can I download some "backups" from anywhere, and use them with 3key and play them online?

3- If I don't have the drive key, Sony later can easily ban the use of 3key no key emulation, right?

4- If I buy a new Super Slim, is there any way to downgrade it to 3.55 and get the drive key?

5- If I have the Drive key, it means I will always be able to play games online with safety, right? (I know in each official PS3 update, I have to wait for 3key to confirm if it works or if it needs a update too).

ps: I would be glad if someone with enough knowledge could please respond.

Thank You!
guily

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1. Yes it will.
2. You would have to convert it to ISO if it is JB rip.
3. Yes, the no key method is very easy to ban. Not sure why Sony has yet to ban it.
4. No. Super Slim cannot be downgraded to 3.55. This is hardware limitation.
5. If you have drive key and decide to use it, it'll be extremely hard for Sony to tell if there is an ODE present. Use drive key whenever possible.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can't get the drivekey for superslim afaik.
I would go for the cobra ode, lots of horror stories about the 3key :(
Just check the key forum with support posts that no-one responds to.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know only 3k3y gives you the option to use drive key. Cobra ODE is using no key emulation only.

Also, Cobra doesn't support GPT, meaning you can only use USB drive with capacity less than 2 TB. 3k3y supports GPT.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THANK YOU ALL.

I also posted this on 3key forums and none replies yet.

And about GPT doesnt matter much to me as I don't use it.

The problem is really having no drive key :(

ps: 3key is a big expensive crap then.
Keep Cool

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you dont need a drivekey anymore i have have mine running without it
I know... The thing is if you don't have the key it means you are using no key emulation which then Sony can easily BAN.

Then if they somehow prevent those no key emulation from fully working and upcoming games make you have to update, then you could do nothing against it.

Now with the key in it it will probably just look like your original blue ray drive for the Sony and later on 3key can also update it's firmware to fix or make it stealth again against recent updates.

Now without the key, no matter how 3key will update it's firmware, it will never have the key inside...

ps: At least that's how I think it is by reading people's replies to this topic.
Keep Cool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm thinking about getting a 1tb SD card and booting batocera just for pc emulation