Apple 4.3.1 Untethered jailbreak released

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The only method I've seen is to do a restore. Even if there were some program to reverse it, with the number of changes that a jailbreak makes to the system it's much safer and stable to just restore it.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
janouis said:
How can i remove my 4.3 tethered jailbreak?
If you just want to make your jailbreak untethered, just run redsn0w on top of it; no need to restore.
smile.gif

If you want to remove your jailbreak altogether, perform a DFU restore.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm on 4.2.1 jailbreaked with GreenPois0n. How do I have to update so I won't loose my installed apps?

On a side note: What is the difference between GreenPois0n and redsn0w anyway?

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can just update normally. The tweaks installed through Cydia will disappear (but their settings and preferences will remain) and your *installed apps* will remain as well.
Greenpois0n and Redsn0w use different exploits to untether, but the same base exploit (Limera1n). I even think Greenpois0n uses two bootrom exploits, plus a userland one (Redsn0w only uses two exploits to jailbreak 4.3.1)

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Any one using the mobile hotspot for thier 3DS,DSi or PSP? I can get it working for my DSi and 3DS but my PSP 1000 still won't connect. It's still nice being able to use MyWi with my 3DS and DSi just wish I could get it working with the PSP.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The latest updates were supposed to have introduced infrastructure mode, which should allow them to connect. It doesn't work for me either. Their site simply says that they're aware of the issue.

I suppose the DSi and 3DS must have included ad-hoc support. It doesn't connect on my classic DS.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
dib said:
The latest updates were supposed to have introduced infrastructure mode, which should allow them to connect. It doesn't work for me either. Their site simply says that they're aware of the issue.

I suppose the DSi and 3DS must have included ad-hoc support. It doesn't connect on my classic DS.

3DS I use WPA encryption, DSi and 3DS in DS mode I use no encryption and they connect fine. I tried the same for PSP but it's still not working right... So I guess maybe what your saying might be true.
unsure.gif

Regardless it is still nice for my 3DS and DSi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5