5th Generation Pokemon Games On Their Way This Year!

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2010?

We still don't have Heart Gold and Soul Silver!

This is amazing, another for the DS?! Why? Unless they release a new handheld by the time this comes out (which would be a terrible market strategy), this contradicts the PokeFormula.

I really hope we see a little more creativity than in D/P/Pt. I liked the 4th gen, but it just wasn't what it could have been.

Green0scar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Heres from Junichi Masuda Blog entry

Category: Announcement, Pokemon

Pocket Monsters series complete new work! Under development for release by the end of 2010!!

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/index.html
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/game/g100129_02.html

Finally Japan, it has been announced without problems!!

Clap Clap Clap !!!

Though, that's not someone elses problem...(*sweats*)

Of course, development is all being done in-house.

Now, Game Freak's development department are eagerly working on development with the aim to exceed every Pokemon game made before now with innovative software!

By the way, for the purpose of giving more information...
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl have indeed really sold 17,150,000 copies around the world (5,800,000 copies domestically in Japan).
(Tokyo's population is approximately 13,000,000)

With great enthusasium, we are trying our best to surpass Diamond and Pearl! Everyone, please lend us your support!

Please have great expectations!

On the 7th of February (Sunday), on Pokemon Sunday, Masuda will appear in an emergency video?
Now that you know, please watch it. You should be able to get some news!

Chao!

"aim to exceed every Pokemon game made before now with innovative software" sound good too me, and I bet they can do it!

Source
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/New_...n_RPG_Announced

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
~Orgasm~ Thats right, i said it.
Im KEEEEEN!
Space Story line Please
happy.gif

Actual travelling to space would be SWEEEET

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
This is shocking, actually. Pokemon has been as constant as a drum beat: two RPGs per platform, not counting spinoffs. This is a definite break.
Perhaps you can write it off as "some remakes don't count" :/

D

Deleted_171835

I'm actually interested in this. Somewhat. If it uses the same engine as DPPT, I will pirate it. I'm getting annoyed at the fact that all the main Pokemon games use the same type of gameplay just with improved graphics. Lame. I'm hoping for a radical departure from the original tried and true gameplay.

This is interesting. Usually they release only one set of Pokemon RPG's (not including spinoffs) per platform. I wonder if it'll be DSi Exclusive?

Mr.Positive

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The official site and the Gamefreak blog both mentioned something about "new changes to the gameplay formula".

I hope that means they've finally decided to freshen up the series.

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Revolutionize said:
I'm actually interested in this. Somewhat. If it uses the same engine as DPPT, I will pirate it. I'm getting annoyed at the fact that all the main Pokemon games use the same type of gameplay just with improved graphics. Lame. I'm hoping for a radical departure from the original tried and true gameplay.

This is interesting. Usually they release only one set of Pokemon RPG's (not including spinoffs) per platform. I wonder if it'll be DSi Exclusive?
I'm pretty sure it won't be a DSi exclusive, which would be annoying. It may have DSi enhancements though

D

Deleted_171835

swimmeringer said:
They needed to stop making pokemon after g/s.
This just disgusts me.
Blah blah blah.

I'm an old hag who hates all new Pokemon and loathes the fact that other people like the new Pokemon.

D

Deleted_171835

Rock Raiyu said:
It's funny that people are already saying "I'm going to get this" "This is so cool" or the like and they know next to nothing about the game...oh wait I forgot, it's Pokemon.
Obviously...IT'S POKEMON!

nyanya.gif

Seek01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only reason I see them doing this for is because they don't either want to use the DS2, or because the DS2 isn't coming out soon enough for them. Or because they want to keep it with conjunction with the next movie

This could be the best game ever though, as Pokemon Gold/Silver was released at the end of the GB/GBC's lifetime, and even more so for Crystal. Although it is definitely a good thing as we all won't have to buy a new handheld to play the next pokemon.

Hope they keep the metal naming up.

worlok375

GBAtemp's prince
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Seek01 said:
The only reason I see them doing this for is because they don't either want to use the DS2, or because the DS2 isn't coming out soon enough for them. Or because they want to keep it with conjunction with the next movie

This could be the best game ever though, as Pokemon Gold/Silver was released at the end of the GB/GBC's lifetime, and even more so for Crystal. Although it is definitely a good thing as we all won't have to buy a new handheld to play the next pokemon.

Them naming it after metals is just getting kind of repetitive.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
worlok375 said:
Seek01 said:

Them naming it after metals is just getting kind of repetitive.
Coming next to Nintendo DS: Pokemon Lead and Pokemon Tin!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: though my mom has documents here on my pc