5th Generation Pokemon Games On Their Way This Year!

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
This, I will not be picking up unless they:

1. add other story elements to it other than gyms and whatever fucking gang is wanting to take over the world/the power of whatever fucking legendary stars in the game.

2. Add some fucking scenery to the battles other than a blur in the background and a patch of ground that vaguely resembles whatever terrain you might be in.

3. Radius based battle triggers instead of line of sight.

4. no more fucking friend codes, or if they are included, make it to where I can, at the very least, battle random people online.

5. I really could care less about 3D models, but at least animate the sprites a bit more. 3-4 frames of animation is pretty shitty these days.

6. no more new Pokemon...please
frown.gif

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
dudeonline said:
frown.gif
In addition, kill off the like 700 extra they have. Go back to the first 300 or so - Johto and Kanto were THE best regions there. The rest got way too far-fetched. So think HG/SS with different story, better graphics, and other actually useful implementations.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bik75 said:
Revolutionize said:
I'm actually interested in this. Somewhat. If it uses the same engine as DPPT, I will pirate it. I'm getting annoyed at the fact that all the main Pokemon games use the same type of gameplay just with improved graphics. Lame. I'm hoping for a radical departure from the original tried and true gameplay.

This is interesting. Usually they release only one set of Pokemon RPG's (not including spinoffs) per platform. I wonder if it'll be DSi Exclusive?
I'm pretty sure it won't be a DSi exclusive, which would be annoying. It may have DSi enhancements though
Remember how Gold/Silver were in full color for the GBC but you could still play them on a regular Gameboy? I think these new games will have DSi features but of course they won't be DSi-exclusive.

Mr.Positive

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
dudeonline said:
frown.gif
In addition, kill off the like 700 extra they have. Go back to the first 300 or so - Johto and Kanto were THE best regions there. The rest got way too far-fetched. So think HG/SS with different story, better graphics, and other actually useful implementations.

What about people who like Gens 3 and 4? I'd be pissed if I couldn't use Absol or Luxray anymore.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Isn't this the series that makes you buy three different copies of the same game to collect everything? Why would they let two people play on the same cart when they could make them each buy a copy?

shito

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
as far i can remember the creator of pokemon said he will stop it when he creates 1000 pokemon, correct me if i'm wrong.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
imz said:
really? They normally don't release more than one per system (except for remakes like heartgold/soulsilver)
I think that's just due to the relatively short life of the GBC and GBA. When Silver and Gold launched, the Gameboy Color had replaced the original Gameboy. The GBA was scheduled for 2001, so they began working on a GBA sequel which released in 2003 (if I'm not mistaken). Fire Red and Leaf Green were released around the time the DS released, so there was really no time for a next game. The DS has been here for 5 years and a DS2 still hasn't been announced. Next year, that's 6 years; twice as long as the time it took for the GBC and GBA to get replaced.
QUOTE(shito @ Jan 30 2010, 09:49 AM) as far i can remember the creator of pokemon said he will stop it when he creates 1000 pokemon, correct me if i'm wrong.
Even if that's true, it doesn't mean Nintendo will just continue to create new ones. It's not like there's only one person who can make up new ones.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maikel Steneker said:
imz said:
really? They normally don't release more than one per system (except for remakes like heartgold/soulsilver)
I think that's just due to the relatively short life of the GBC and GBA. When Silver and Gold launched, the Gameboy Color had replaced the original Gameboy. The GBA was scheduled for 2001, so they began working on a GBA sequel which released in 2003 (if I'm not mistaken). Fire Red and Leaf Green were released around the time the DS released, so there was really no time for a next game. The DS has been here for 5 years and a DS2 still hasn't been announced. Next year, that's 6 years; twice as long as the time it took for the GBC and GBA to get replaced.
QUOTE(shito @ Jan 30 2010, 09:49 AM) as far i can remember the creator of pokemon said he will stop it when he creates 1000 pokemon, correct me if i'm wrong.
Even if that's true, it doesn't mean Nintendo will just continue to create new ones. It's not like there's only one person who can make up new ones.
And don't forget, that gold and silver also worked on the original Gameboy.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Destructobot said:
Isn't this the series that makes you buy three different copies of the same game to collect everything? Why would they let two people play on the same cart when they could make them each buy a copy?

Two different copies, actually. EDIT: Oops, forgot the "special" ones (like Crystal, Yellow, etc). Yeah, I guess it is 3.

Also, money. Gullible chumps who are obsessed with Pokemon are willing to pay $70 for two games that are identical outside of a few Pokemon swapped out. Sucking as much money out of people as possible is the Nintendo way.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
A short list of what I want in order to make this worth my time:

1) An actual story instead of 'kid wants to be pokemon master for no apparant reason, go to the gyms and if it's not too much trouble can you beat the latest team rocket wannabes on your way?'. I don't expect a Final Fantasy style epic story of war, betrayal, love and saving the entire universe, but at least something better than yet another rehash. I could barely tolerate it in Platinum, I'll not bother if it's just the same blah over and over again.

2) A new battle system. Considering that Nintendo is supposedly all about innovation they sure seem to be sticking to their guns with Pokemon. It could be so much better. Look at all the action going on in the anime and the movies. Then look at the games. Not quite the same, is it? Standing patiently on a barren featureless desert of a screen with next to no animation. Come on, Nintendo. Innovate! Give us something new.

3) Characters with some personality, not just blank boy and girl avatars with no lines, no background, no actual reason to exist. I want to see people with some actual depth to them, not just these rehashed piles of pointlessness who may as well have the exact same sprite as the original Red since nothing's actually changed. Maybe a new start as well. Start off in a big city during some big event which gives you a reason to travel the world instead of just 'kid living in village consisting of three houses and a lab who goes out into the world for no good reason'.

4) Able to battle random people online at any time. Also preferably two different areas of online. One for the hardcore people who actually give a smeg about Effort Values and all that other hidden mathematical bullcrap, and one for people like me who just want a quick game who don't see a video game as just numbers.

5) The choice of using items or moves to navigate the environments so I don't have to take some weak pathetic pokemon with me as a HM whore any more. There must be a better way of doing things. Use the HMs if you must but I hate having to teach the weaker moves to my team just to get by.

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
worlok375 said:
Seek01 said:
The only reason I see them doing this for is because they don't either want to use the DS2, or because the DS2 isn't coming out soon enough for them. Or because they want to keep it with conjunction with the next movie

This could be the best game ever though, as Pokemon Gold/Silver was released at the end of the GB/GBC's lifetime, and even more so for Crystal. Although it is definitely a good thing as we all won't have to buy a new handheld to play the next pokemon.

Hope they keep the metal naming up.

Them naming it after metals is just getting kind of repetitive.
Coming next to Nintendo DS: Pokemon Lead and Pokemon Tin!
Pokemon: Uranium and Pokemon: Plutonium. Its newer version of the same game will be Pokemon: Hydrogen.
smileipb2.png

But seriously, all I want is a more interesting story (not going to happen. Ever), more regions (maybe...), 3-D battles (probably not), and more gym leaders (not going to happen).

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Destructobot said:

Two different copies, actually. EDIT: Oops, forgot the "special" ones (like Crystal, Yellow, etc). Yeah, I guess it is 3.

Also, money. Gullible chumps who are obsessed with Pokemon are willing to pay $70 for two games that are identical outside of a few Pokemon swapped out. Sucking as much money out of people as possible is the Nintendo way.
It's not my fault I like Gold & Silver....
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Kinda reminds me of a life lesson in the movie "Bronx Tale". Guy1 owes another, guy2 $10 and the...