6/6/17 Pokemon Direct - Live Coverage

Although we're on the heels of E3, it seems Nintendo has some announcements they'd like to make before their big upcoming press conference. It's time to get your pitchforks and hype trains ready, as anything could happen! And GBAtemp will be here to give you live coverage and a recap of the event after it airs, so stay tuned!

And so here we go:
They're talking about the Switch
"And now finally...we're excited to announce..."
Pokken Deluxe!
geJihrw.png
There's a trailer for the game, showing off gameplay in the different modes of the Switch. Huge focus on local multiplayer.
Launches Sept 22 2017

Onto Sun and Moon!
And then randomly....!
cSmf2wy.png
They just gloss over this announcement. Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon for the 3DS announced. Oh and Pokken gets a new playable character. Pokken DX is also getting a playable E3 demo for Switch.

They bring out Masuda to talk about these games, stressed for the 3DS. It's an alternate story of the original game, with new Pokemon that didn't appear in the normal games. Global release Nov 17.

Last announcement! Pokemon Gold and Silver coming to 3DS virtual Console. Compatible with Pokemon Bank. Launch Sept 22.

Last edited by Chary,

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Here's what I get out of this Direct:

NOA: We have a new Pokemon game for the Switch!
Everyone: Yay!
NOA: An updated version of Pokken that was on the Wii U
Everyone: Awesome!
NOA: Oh and remakes of old mainline Pokemon games for the 3DS, screw the Switch
Everyone: *All hype dies*

:ph34r:

but we got sliver and gold VC...

here is a gif of a badass pokemon from gen 2

p1lRDdQ.gif

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but we got sliver and gold VC...

here is a gif of a badass pokemon from gen 2

p1lRDdQ.gif

Don't own a 3DS though, so the old games being on VC (which I can easily play on my hacked Wii U perfectly fine), I have absolutely zero hype. Nintendo doesn't want to have mainline games on the Switch because it would detract from sales for a six year old system. I couldn't give two damns, sorry.

The lesson is, never get your hopes up, but when something good happens, then you can be surprised. Knowing Nintendo, they'll botch the VC by toning down the color palette and gamma levels to reduce epileptic issues.

Last edited by the_randomizer,
Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Actually, I'm not surprised. They wouldn't have taken the risk to launch a mainstream Pokémon game on the Switch directly. Since the 3DS will still be supported by Nintendo until 2018, they better wait & see.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Don't own a 3DS though, so the old games being on VC (which I can easily play on my hacked Wii U perfectly fine), I have absolutely zero hype. Nintendo doesn't want to have mainline games on the Switch because it would detract from sales for a six year old system. I couldn't give two damns, sorry.
Nope, just that GameFreak isn't able to complete the dev of a new game on a brand new platform in 2 months, and that they can't really know if the Switch is viable by seeing 3 months of sale.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I'm not surprised. They wouldn't have taken the risk to launch a mainstream Pokémon game on the Switch directly. Since the 3DS will still be supported by Nintendo until 2018, they better wait & see.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nope, just that GameFreak isn't able to complete the dev of a new game on a brand new platform in 2 months, and that they can't really know if the Switch is viable by seeing 3 months of sale.

Even so, they could've at least released GBA games on the Wii U VC or Switch VC to get it rolling, I mean, they're just emulators with publicly available ROM images, minimal effort required. This is the major reason for not getting hopes up, I was tempted to get a New 3DS, used, just to spite them.

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Even so, they could've at least released GBA games on the Wii U VC or Switch VC to get it rolling, I mean, they're just emulators with publicly available ROM images, minimal effort required. This is the major reason for not getting hopes up, I was tempted to get a New 3DS, used, just to spite them.
Wii U VC doesn't have GB/GBC and is long dead anyways. Switch VC hasn't been officially announced either.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
why are people bitching about no remake or gen 8 on switch?

the thing i dont understand is how do people expect them to develop a new pokemon game from scratch on a fairly new hardware.

I understand that if the VC games were made for Switch but a full blown new game?

check yourself.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Nintendo isn't interested in improving the sales of WiiU Pr-- Switch.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo isn't interested in improving the sales of WiiU Pr-- Switch.

That's another reason I don't get my hopes up, they'd rather milk the 3DS ad nasueum, it's anathema to me at this point. If I ever get a 3DS, it's gonna be used.

why are people bitching about no remake or gen 8 on switch?

the thing i dont understand is how do people expect them to develop a new pokemon game from scratch on a fairly new hardware.

I understand that if the VC games were made for Switch but a full blown new game?

check yourself.
They still could release older games on the Wii U or Switch VC, a ROM and emulator is minimal effort compared to a full game, that would've been plenty. Whatever, maybe I'll check out those 3DS refurbs at Gamestop.

Last edited by the_randomizer,
D

Deleted User

During the US/UM footage, watch carefully. Game footage is the same low 3ds quality, but the "cutscenes" are much much higher quality.

Could be saving the Switch version info for E3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87...