A new Mario movie is in the works

images

It looks like Nintendo has finally decided to greenlight a new Mario movie based on reports from the Wall Street Journal. The deal is said to have been made between Nintendo and Illumination Entertainment, who is known for the Despicable Me franchise and the Secret Life of Pets. The movie will be animated, and so far only one movie is planned (so don't get your hopes up for that Zelda movie just yet). It will be interesting to see how this plays out, especially after how bad 1993's Super Mario Bros. movie went over.

:arrow:source

Last edited by rileysrjay,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Great.

I'm not much of a prophet and neither do I own a crystal ball. But here's my prediction.

Maybe, just maybe:

It will involve Peach being kidnapped by Bowser and Mario saving her.
I'd rather see them pick up where the REAL Mario Bros movie left off.... Giving us that sequel we never got, with Daisy the bad-ass.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
images

It looks like Nintendo has finally decided to greenlight a new Mario movie based on reports from the Wall Street Journal. The deal is said to have been made between Nintendo and Illumination Entertainment, who is known for the Despicable Me franchise and the Secret Life of Pets. The movie will be animated, and so far only one movie is planned (so don't get your hopes up for that Zelda movie just yet). It will be interesting to see how this plays out, especially after how bad 1993's Super Mario Bros. movie went over.

Wasnt this already said months ago, everyone kicking off about sony possibly producing it.

i think zelda would make a great movie franchise if its done properly, the world would have to be massive and think the lord of the rings style would fit nicely

D

Deleted User

please no
I still have an occasional nightmare of the gombas of 1993
I had to watch that movie as a 3rd grader ,_,

Reactions: Bladexdsl

Deleted member 408979

Gbatemp amphibian
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Actually I quite like their earlier work.... But you got to remember that these types of movies are usually produced for younger kids to watch, so you have to look at the films as a child's point of veiw rather than a mature grown-up one

As long as they have a good storyline & the animation is on par then it should be entertaining enough to enjoy..
'Minions' didn't really have much of a storyline imho (group of small creatures looking for someone to boss them around & getting into trouble) but 'Depicable me' did ('evil' scientist trying to get secret from another bad guy, using kids as a ploy fro getting it but ends up having a change of heart & adopting the kids instead)

Their animation is quite nice. When I went to see despicable me 3, I kept thinking: Yknow, if you remove all the characters, I would legitimately find myself using these frames as computer wallpapers.

ToonGoomba

Sarcastic Super Star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm worried about what the story is about...most people dont like the repetitive process of Peach being kidnapped by Bowser. I would love to see the story take an unexpected turn, like, Mario actually confesses to Peach that he is getting tired of constantly saving her, so Mario dumps Peach, which leaves Bowser to forcefully marry her again without anyone stopping him. Then as years go by, Mario sees the fall of the Mushroom Kingdom, and now he regrets dumping her. Now he needs to find a way to travel back in time to when he was about to dump her, and as Mario and Luigi build and travel through time, Luigi accidentally leaned on the wrong power switch and the time machine sets them back when there was a war between the Mushroom Kingdom and Bowsers Kingdom. Bowser's army has taken hold of the time machine and was going to use it to travel into the future to double present-Bowser's army. All Mario needs to do now is find the King and the Princess and explain that their time machine was taken, and they need their help to fight Bowser's army and retrieve the time machine to and travel to when Mario wrongfully dumped the Princess, and save the world from devastation. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT ONE GAME BACK IN 1993

1vanchom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well... I agree... we know that the Ilumination's movies were that bad... but... their movies are for the kids... and to be honest... they usually like this kind of movies... and a Mario movie has to be made for that public... maybe I will dislike what I am going to say... but, I think Nintendo made a good choice... and for the good side... the animation form Ilumination is really nice...

Eastonator12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I though it became an independent studio after 1 & 2. Those were fine. After the Minions Movie and #3, they became a disgrace.
yea minions movie was garbage and so was life of pets but hey, they ARE for kids, and if a movie is colorf
images

all I want is for it to not be directed at children. what i mean by that is, please god don't add any poop jokes

ToonGoomba

Sarcastic Super Star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well... I agree... we know that the Ilumination's movies were that bad... but... their movies are for the kids... and to be honest... they usually like this kind of movies... and a Mario movie has to be made for that public... maybe I will dislike what I am going to say... but, I think Nintendo made a good choice... and for the good side... the animation form Ilumination is really nice...
Agreed, I honestly NEVER seen
yea minions movie was garbage and so was life of pets but hey, they ARE for kids, and if a movie is colorf

all I want is for it to not be directed at children. what i mean by that is, please god don't add any poop jokes

The movie at least needs to be rated PG, i dont want it to be too "childish"

shinrukus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm worried about what the story is about...most people dont like the repetitive process of Peach being kidnapped by Bowser. I would love to see the story take an unexpected turn, like, Mario actually confesses to Peach that he is getting tired of constantly saving her, so Mario dumps Peach, which leaves Bowser to forcefully marry her again without anyone stopping him. Then as years go by, Mario sees the fall of the Mushroom Kingdom, and now he regrets dumping her. Now he needs to find a way to travel back in time to when he was about to dump her, and as Mario and Luigi build and travel through time, Luigi accidentally leaned on the wrong power switch and the time machine sets them back when there was a war between the Mushroom Kingdom and Bowsers Kingdom. Bowser's army has taken hold of the time machine and was going to use it to travel into the future to double present-Bowser's army. All Mario needs to do now is find the King and the Princess and explain that their time machine was taken, and they need their help to fight Bowser's army and retrieve the time machine to and travel to when Mario wrongfully dumped the Princess, and save the world from devastation. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT ONE GAME BACK IN 1993

I'm actually all for this, I would LOVE to see a Mario Movie, where either he tells Peach he's sick of the constant rescuing... Sort of like the good guy premise of Wreck it Ralph... Hell Bowser and Luigi working together to find Mario, who's doing the bad guy thing again and reigniting his beef with DK Jr. and Cranky Kong...

Reactions: ToonGoomba

ToonGoomba

Sarcastic Super Star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also hope it would be like the Marvel cinematic universe, like make multiple movies on Nintendo characters like Mario, Link, Kirby, Samus, etc. Then combine those characters in one big movie like the Avengers, but called "The Super Smashers" or "The All Stars". Nintendo could do alot with their characters if they really think about it.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello