A Nintendo Switch flashcart is being teased, and it could support all models

Screenshot_20231223-123346_Brave.jpg

Throughout the Nintendo Switch's life, we've seen modchips and softmods aplenty. What has been missing in the Switch hacking scene, though, is a flashcart; and if rumors are to be believed, one might be coming soon. A user by the name of After Time X shared on Twitter that they have exclusive information regarding testing of a flashcart that will work on all models and revisions of the Nintendo Switch. A video of "proof" was shown, of someone cycling through rom backups, and loading the games to play on their Switch OLED unit. According to the rumor, these flashcarts will begin shipping as early as next month.

:arrow: Source
:arrow: Discussion thread

Last edited by Flame,

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I you go online with a cart that has mismatched or missing certs/IDs you will be banned period. Nintendo will not play around this time like they did in the 3ds days with sky3ds.

It's best to buy a spare Lite for this flashcard if you care about banning your main account.
spare lite check

• Haha
Reactions: Blythe93

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You've misunderstood me when I say dead, it's that Nintendo no longer sees any point in releasing games and updating them. But yes, the DS worked like a charm.
Well. Nintendo will soon stop production of the switch even if this cart gets released or not... because it's already at the end of lifecycle. end of life is usually 5-7 years, and we are at 7 this march.
Nintendo is bound to announce the successor no matter what happens sooner than later

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oooffff no dlc or updates wonder if cheats can be loaded though
I'm sure it will work just like normal carts, you download the DLC and updates to your Nand/ sd card. And cheats will work the same. Who knows tho yet.

shunoia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
I wouldn't say Useless, but not game changing at all. But we don't fully know the extent of use yet. Basically sounds like a legal cart backup'er, nothing more.
Wouldn't it work for Piracy and homebrew as well, who cares if you get banned

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't it work for Piracy and homebrew as well, who cares if you get banned
We don't know yet? But in theory yes for piracy but for sure ban if same cart certificate/Unique ID used on multiple devices at same time, online.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Customs doesn't have the time to open and inspect every "usb reader" that goes across their desk.
Oh they might get a few with Nintendo's prodding, but most will slip through.

As far as "From Russia" problem. First, that could well be a bluff to throw off the ninjas. And if it isn't, they could just ship first to some intermediate country that has ok relations with Russia and isn't banned in the destination country. Then ship to destination from there. Remember they (Gateway) only ship to distributors.
They still might though. Years ago I tried ordering a bunch of RGH chips and a nand reader, and drive probe from modchipcentral(canada based) the package got stuck in customs for over a year until I eventually got a lengthy packet from UPS explaining that it was destroyed due to the nature of the product

• Wow
Reactions: zoogie and BigOnYa

Trip_Away

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Bruh, they really need a UX designer for this website
-The Sovier Union will be pleased to help to Nintendo Switch Scene community.
-The Soviet Union? I thought you guys broke up.
-YES! THAT´S WHAT WE WANTED YOU TO THINK! HA HA HA HA HA.
*The Nintendo Switch with Mig Switch starts playing soviet propaganda*

shunoia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
We don't know yet? But in theory yes for piracy but for sure ban if same cart certificate/Unique ID used on multiple devices at same time, online.

Couldn't you just never connect your switch to the internet?

shunoia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
-The Sovier Union will be pleased to help to Nintendo Switch Scene community.
-The Soviet Union? I thought you guys broke up.
-YES! THAT´S WHAT WE WANTED YOU TO THINK! HA HA HA HA HA.
*The Nintendo Switch with Mig Switch starts playing soviet propaganda*

It'll actually play Anti Imperialist(Anti-American) Propaganda so everyone supports Russia ☺️

Reactions: zebrone

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, FarCry 5 is an awesome game with multiple endings!