Scene dev Zecoxao teases new $3 modchip for the OLED Nintendo Switch, involves a Raspberry Pi

asddasdsa.png

Scene developer Zecoxao might be known for their contributions to the PlayStation hacking world, but this time around, they've got something major for the Nintendo scene. The longtime scener teased the existence of what they claim to be a $3 modchip for the Nintendo Switch, and which is said to work with Mariko and OLED systems, though not patched Erista consoles. A teaser video was also uploaded, where the modchip itself was revealed to be a Raspberry Pi--specifically, a RP2040 Zero unit, soldered into the Switch board, demonstrating Hekate launching on an OLED unit.

Given the tease of "coming soon", we can expect to see more details about the exploit eventually.

Failed to fetch tweet https://twitter.com/notzecoxao/status/1602079473628856320

Failed to fetch tweet https://twitter.com/notzecoxao/status/1602199810358083587

Mr Skinner

Trophies
Website
www.nerdfy.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
What's the TL;DR? I don't want to read 23 pages... :(
Nothing substantially important. Just a bunch of people reacting to a bunch of baseless speculation, mostly generated by the developer's silence. You can choose to side with the guys who trust what zecoxao says or doesn't say, or side with the guys who trust what a reddit anon says (this is the latest hot rumor), or side with what a guy who says he's in touch with the original dev, acting like the oracle of delphi, speaking in riddles.

Anyway, my advice is be here for the fun, the latest rumor is that the original dev sold the project to China People's Liberation Army. Choose a side and be happy.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
  • Love
Reactions: impeeza

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
You can't protect firmware on a RP2040. There is simply no hardware protection. The best you can do is use the flash serial and derive encryption keys from it. It's not hard to bypass for a skilled reverse engineer and as you can see in previous posts people are already at it.

BigHorse420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Not sure how, but I Googled on it and people say its the only way. I never touched the chip nor can I write code. So I have no clue. Flash the firmware with som decrypter maybe?

Long explanation here:
The website you linked literaly says it's impossible, what are you on about

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
also remember, the RP2040 has a bootloader and a firmware, the bootloader can only be written but no read, so the code on bootloader remains unknow and you can not duplicate the chip.

similar to the sx chips, if you can't get the FPGA code you have nothing, there are several firmware opensource, but without the FPGA you can make a functional chip.

saladus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
also remember, the RP2040 has a bootloader and a firmware, the bootloader can only be written but no read, so the code on bootloader remains unknow and you can not duplicate the chip.

similar to the sx chips, if you can't get the FPGA code you have nothing, there are several firmware opensource, but without the FPGA you can make a functional chip.
i mean it's still gotta be stored stored somewhere right? or is it stored on the chip itself?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
what dumps? where were they dumped from? if they are from these supposed chinese chips i don't see any reason to keep things so hush hush
I dont know from where they're dumped. He say some Chinese chip but I havent found it anywhere. Og dev havent release the firmware so those must be some own code from a Chinese group.

Edit: its on the other thread

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto