A Tale of Two vWii Systems

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a pair of Wii U consoles and both of their vWii systems are having some trouble. I'm not sure where to start with resolving the issues. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

vWii 1 - Is refusing to boot any homebrew from USB. If I tell the HBC to find a USB drive it crashes. This is my wife's main Wii U and I wanted to make a separate GameCube HDD complete with GC menu theme and music for USB Loader GX.

vWii 2 - Now, this system is my baby 😍. Holds all of my sentimental Nintendo memories. Sadly this console gives me the corrupt files message. I can 100% get into vWii by using the (+) (-) (A) combination (service mode). Just pushing (A) to start vWii is a 70/30 chance I get the damn corrupt files error. Once I'm in vWii. There's a 50/50 chance I can play something, head back to the Wii Menu and then all is good and I get full access. The other half of the time I have to restart my Wii U. Haven't truly enjoyed WiiWare because of this issue 😞.

I'm sure someone will ask for log files. What homebrew app should I use to create logs for both machines? BTW, thanks in advance to anyone that decides to help.

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
what version of CIOS do you have installed?

or post a syscheck report, here for more details.

prefer an external hard drive, so that it works much better

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol, I was just looking at my Library of eBooks yesterday, and when I saw this post, I thought "Is there a sequel to the book"

The A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens

A Tale of Two Cities.png

Sorry for chiming in on this thread, but your title caught my eye.

• Haha
Reactions: LightyKD

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have a pair of Wii U consoles and both of their vWii systems are having some trouble. I'm not sure where to start with resolving the issues. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

vWii 1 - Is refusing to boot any homebrew from USB. If I tell the HBC to find a USB drive it crashes. This is my wife's main Wii U and I wanted to make a separate GameCube HDD complete with GC menu theme and music for USB Loader GX.

vWii 2 - Now, this system is my baby 😍. Holds all of my sentimental Nintendo memories. Sadly this console gives me the corrupt files message. I can 100% get into vWii by using the (+) (-) (A) combination (service mode). Just pushing (A) to start vWii is a 70/30 chance I get the damn corrupt files error. Once I'm in vWii. There's a 50/50 chance I can play something, head back to the Wii Menu and then all is good and I get full access. The other half of the time I have to restart my Wii U. Haven't truly enjoyed WiiWare because of this issue 😞.

I'm sure someone will ask for log files. What homebrew app should I use to create logs for both machines? BTW, thanks in advance to anyone that decides to help.
I think HBC crashes if you switch to USB and the drive is not FAT32 formatted.
In any case, homebrew on USB is not ideal on the Wii U. You can't use uStealth, so the Wii U will be constantly nagging you to format the drive.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In any case, homebrew on USB is not ideal on the Wii U. You can't use uStealth (I'm pretty sure), so the Wii U will be constantly nagging you to format the drive.
I don't keep the external drives plugged in at all times. Over here, the fam is used to the idea of plugging in the drive needed at said time before booting the Wii U. For my personal console I have a "3 drive system" with my GameCube and Wii drives booting different themes in USB Loader.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finished testing my personal Wii and GameCube drives on vWii #1. So my Wife's vWii is perfectly happy with booting directly into the GameCube drive from opening the USB Loader GX channel. Wii drive on the other hand fails to initialize.

I can boot the Wii drive via USB in the homebrew channel but through the USB Loader GX Channel via app on HDD is a no-go. I also decided to place USB Loader GX onto the Mrs' Wii drive. Ironically, that worked 🤣!

At this point I need to use a different HDD for GameCube stuff with vWii 1. Problem solved for this system. NOW, onto vWii 2. I have zero clue why I keep getting the corrupted files error 😞. It has been a thing since 2014. Otherwise the system runs like a champ.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    cearp @ cearp: It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space +1