Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
spoof to 5.5.1 and download
thats all i did to download smash update and dlcs. (well i did 5.3.2 to 5.5 but i assume its the same process)
Nah it's cool, I found a quote from @pedro702, I had to hard reboot the console by holding the power button on it (not the gamepad!)

Downloaded now :D

Reactions: Vappy

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will be making a CIA and testing this in the 3DS AGB firm as soon as the IPS is posted, will record results and post here.

Edit:
DpRGNC.png

I'm ready to go any time.

Last edited by CheatFreak47,

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, loaded the game, it formated the save, went directly to eworld. Guess what? All the 38 levels are there! Sweet!
What are the odds of that rom you dumped working on either a regular emulator or real gba hardware using a flash cart?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
What are the odds of that rom you dumped working on either a regular emulator or real gba hardware using a flash cart?
wait for it. I just loaded it straight on my wiiu vc.

I'm going to dump it live.

Reactions: CeeDee and cvskid

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The odds are pretty good, GBA is pretty particular to emulate so if it's being emulated, it should in theory run on real hardware and via emulator on PC,

I'm hoping this will also correct the annoying save bug the games is infamous for in AGB FIRM on the 3DS.

Reactions: cvskid

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The odds are pretty good, GBA is pretty particular to emulate so if it's being emulated, it should in theory run on real hardware and via emulator on PC,

I'm hoping this will also correct the annoying save bug the games is infamous for in AGB FIRM on the 3DS.

That bug in AGB FIRM only appears the first time you play it right? I recall how the first time I played, the map was messed up, I saved, exited and went back into the game and I didn't see any of the graphical issues it had been giving. It's been awhile since I last played it on the 3DS, but I'm pretty sure that error is completely gone now.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That bug in AGB FIRM only appears the first time you play it right? I recall how the first time I played, the map was messed up, I saved, exited and went back into the game and I didn't see any of the graphical issues it had been giving. It's been awhile since I last played it on the 3DS, but I'm pretty sure that error is completely gone now.

It requires an additional patch to fix that, in addition, the game says "Save File is Corrupted" on each boot after that. Even if it's not.

Reactions: yuyuyup

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It requires an additional patch to fix that, in addition, the game says "Save File is Corrupted" on each boot after that. Even if it's not.

Ah yes I do recall now that I installed the patched version. Not a big deal really, it's gone after booting one time, and even if that error does appear each time on launch, as I recall, the save data still loads just fine.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

As soon as you get some results let me know. :P
I'll take the shot to spread it all over the internet!

Also, on a little side note, would you give me some sort of tuto to dump games on my own?
I want to be able to teach someone to dump VC games from his Japanese Wii U to get the ROMs and compare them with the already released ones.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
If I recall correctly, injecting this game for loadiine/gecko caused the same save corruption issue.

Hopefully, nintendo hardcoded a patch for it, since it works just fine on WiiU VC.

(BTW, I'm dumping the RAM, and this takes a while. It's almost done :))

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

As soon as you get some results let me know. :P
I'll take the shot to spread it all over the internet!

Also, on a little side note, would you give me some sort of tuto to dump games on my own?
I want to be able to teach someone to dump VC games from his Japanese Wii U to get the ROMs and compare them with the already released ones.
I'm proceeding with a RAM dump right now.

I know that a alldata.bin python script exists, but I forgot about it before I ran gecko, silly me :P

Basically, to get a full Virtual Console, or any WiiU game. You need to dump the entire FSA with tcgp gecko, and dump the executable files with dumpiine :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users