• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

About today’s Florida shooting

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
He wouldn't be able to steal a gun if nobody had guns. Again, not rocket science.
Sure he will reply that he could've gotten it in the black market, or 3d print it, or whatever.
The saying goes "there are none so blind as those who will not see".
It is simple and statistical, if there are less guns, it is harder to get one, and the number of incidents is reduced.
Of course they will not go down to zero, but they will be strongly reduced, simply because it is hard.

But well, they say "it is still possible", and that's all they need to see, it's like rocket science and fireworks are the same for them.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A former student who was apparently expelled for issues inside the school. Mate, the issue isn't gun laws. The issue isn't the gun. It's the person. It's the people. He CLEARLY was a troubled person. He apparently has a background of some mental issues. Instead of getting him the help he needed, he was pushed away. I'm going to say this now, if any of you think guns are ANY part of the problem here, you're an idiot.

If troubled people or less people had access to guns, this could've been avoided... that's a fact too.

Reactions: sarkwalvein
D

Deleted User

Wondering more and more what this "Disturbing internet history" of his is. *thinks*

jahrs

Technician of The Dead
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so it seems people are missing a few necessary points.

1 you dont need to ban guns just auto/semi auto with large clips. reduces kill counts possible. if not ban(auto/semi) then severly limit the amount availible somehow.

2 assuming everyone can use a gun. guns are not point and click they have actual requirements to use. safeties, ammo, recoil and drawback for most. and in a scenario were someone is frighten they might not be able to reach for the gun and do all that faster then the in this case the stronger person. now saying if the guns safety was off and the gun was already cocked then maybe but if thats the case its way more dangeous for a civilian to carry and misfires would be more likely to occur.

3 mental health and gun training. if everyone was treated for their mental health and was trained to use guns then most of what both sides are saying could work but we live in the usa. money means more then human life and so do human rights so thats not happening because of the expense.

4 arguments about this are pointless unless someone here is bill gates just drop it and spend the time you are arguing here actually making a difference. I.E go out there and start a gun training center or mental health clinic, raise your kids properly and teach them the value of a human life so that the next generation can do better. because simply put if you are not part of the solution then you are part of the problem and the problem is not soley guns or no guns its why human life is so undervalued that people value a piece of metal and plastic over them.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i said and i will say again
USA is a very DUMB country
they let any idiot use guns and shit happens
shame on you florida... and new york

Gee, thanks for the awesome generalizing there, blaming over 300 million people for the action of a few. We couldn't care less if you never visited the states, you're not welcome here anyway with that mentality.:angry::glare: Like your country is any better when it comes to gun-related crimes.

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Gee, thanks for the awesome generalizing there, blaming over 300 million people for the action of a few. We couldn't care less
if you never visited the states, you're not welcome here anyway with that mentality.
no problem ^^
the thing is, they shouldn't let anyone get guns because this stupid guy just bought it without problems

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Gee, thanks for the awesome generalizing there, blaming over 300 million people for the action of a few. We couldn't care less if you never visited the states, you're not welcome here anyway with that mentality.:angry::glare: Like your country is any better when it comes to gun-related crimes.
also don't worry, when i go to USA it will be a pleasure visit you >: )

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no problem ^^
the thing is, they shouldn't let anyone get guns because this stupid guy just bought it without problems

I'll be sure to take your comments less seriously and block you, your BS comments don't contribute a bloody thing. Take your anti-American bull crap and stick it.

also don't worry, when i go to USA it will be a pleasure visit you >: )

Yeah, right, I'll just pretend not to be home when you do. :lol: You hate America and all 300 million plus people anyway, so what difference would it make?

Last edited by the_randomizer,

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For once I'm actually gonna agree with BlueFox, the fact that we've cornered ourselves into a situation where we CAN'T do anything about gun violence is really, REALLY stupid and says a lot about the values (or lack thereof) of the people who are in control of the legal process

Reactions: BlueFox gui

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'll be sure to take your comments less seriously and block you, your BS comments don't contribute a bloody thing. Take your anti-American bull crap and stick it.

Yeah, right, I'll just pretend not to be home when you do. :lol:
just please
accept when your country have PROBLEMS and don't say "patriotic bullshit"

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and no problem, since your country is intelligent and sell guns i can buy one to visit you ^^

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For once I'm actually gonna agree with BlueFox, the fact that we've cornered ourselves into a situation where we CAN'T do anything about gun violence is really, REALLY stupid and says a lot about the values (or lack thereof) of the people who are in control of the legal process

I'm not trying to make light of the situation, the system is broken, FUBAR, if you will. We need mental check and testing or background checks that make it a lot harder, and restricting semi-automatic guns. Who in blue blazes needs a semi-automatic?

just please
accept when your country have PROBLEMS and don't say "patriotic bullshit"

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and no problem, since your country is intelligent and sell guns i can buy one to visit you ^^

Whatever. My state has a stand your ground law, and if you so much as try to break and enter into my home, I have every right to use lethal force by any means necessary, so don't even try to screw with me. I'm not in the mood.

Okay, yes, our country has problems, LOTS of problems. I'm not denying that at all, but come on, do I go around generalizing your country for the actions of criminals? No, so don't go around hating all the populace for the actions of a few, it's just a stupid thing to do, but whatever.

Last edited by the_randomizer,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Chips Ahoy cookies :D:wub::D