Gaming After the 3DS, will you ever be able to go back?

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't know if I'll even like the 3DS. I think I might even have minor stereoscopic blindness. I mean, I can see 3D, but it just gives me headaches and hurts my eyes after about 10 minutes of a 3D movie. I don't know, perhaps it's one of those disorders that you hear of and automatically think you have.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arm73 said:
3DS will offer new, exciting games, but there will always be room for old style gaming ( look at DKR for the Wii.....new system same ol' gameplay! ) .
I'm sure I'll be back and sill play some DS games every one in a while.
Now, the thing that will make me NOT want to come back...that would be, without a shadow of a doubt, the 3DS XL !;)
It's true, I currently play in the DSi XL and if I ever swith on the DSL or GBA I feel like I'm going blind !
Bigger is better !
3DS XL for the win !
You have a point there.
tongue.gif

only hold/seen xl once
ohnoes.png
!!! tho

Painguy

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
i think the 3DS will be the first handheld to provide a comparable experience to that of a console. The PSP tried, but didnt rly get there in my opinion. However that does not mean I will forget all the other games & consoles. To this day i still go back a play my old games on the SNES & n64

Rogue Trader

Trophies
XP
Country
Definately. We still play lots of older games, because it is the quality of the game that matters, not how it is presented.

Also, I love my Game Boy Micro. I can leave it in my rucksack, and when I bored waiting for something, or in class or in work I can whop it out and play a map on Advance Wars. It's small and the battery life is excellent. I can't do that with my DS lite or PSP. They're too bulky and don't last long battery wise. I imagine the 3DS will probably be in the same boat.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great games are great games, and I don't think any advancements technology will make older titles any less appealing. I love 1080p resolution, and all the wonderful graphics on my 360 and PS3, but I can still go back and be blown away by games on the Super Nintendo.

The 3DS is most likely going to be impressive, but hopefully for it's quality games first, and the flashy interface second. The 3D effect should add to the experience, and not simply be a basis to cash in on the technology. The Wii's motion controls come to mind, for me at least. Most games that have been adapted to use the motion controls, feel broken, and better suited for analog sticks (RE4, Okami, any FPS). I don't feel that new tech should be used "Just for the sake of it," but rather used in a way that makes a game more immersive than it would've been without (Metal Gear Solid for PS1, and it's use of the Dual Shock controller).

alejolink11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ill play alot!
I alwas go back to old games!
Right now Im replaying:
Wind Waker
Super Metroid
Pokemon Gold
Twilight Princess

OLD GAMES ARE THE BOMB
New ones are very easy and not vhalleging
especially Mario and Zelda ones

AndroidDem0man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still play my LOZ OOT and paper mario on my n64,
paper mario was far by the greatest game i have ever played in my life.
And when i touch the 3DS's paper mario, it will make me want to go back and play the older ones, First, paper mario, paper mario ttyod, super paper mario(lolgay) and then back to the 3DS one again, And with LOZ OOT on 3DS, things couldnt get better, i love that game so much. And it also exciting to see another game in the paper mario series.

if it wasnt for the N64 paper mario the thousand year old door wouldnt be alive. (which would suck) and if it wasnt for the gb and all of daht stuff loz wouldnt be here.

i want you all to imagine there being no legend of zelda, OR NO PAPER MARIO?

OH MAI GAWD WE LOVE YOU OLD SYSTEMZ, is the response id love to hear. because thats my response.lolk

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Painguy said:
i think the 3DS will be the first handheld to provide a comparable experience to that of a console. The PSP tried, but didnt rly get there in my opinion.
A console-like experience is part of the reason that the PSP failed. Any handheld is a mobile device that needs mobile software. That goes for games, phones, whatever.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If they want me to go forward ie leave my DSi XL behind, it will need to be as BIG as the DSi XL screens. Not negotiable.

Just giving me 3d is really not good enough on it's own.

I'm waiting to see what else the thing can do. Just 3d will be 'just 3d' to me.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I don't get why people just refer to the 3DS as something with 3D capabilities.

THE GOD DAMN AMAZING LINEUP DEWDZ.

That and the graphic potential have me hooked to this baby.

D

Deleted User

Trollology said:
How can people not see depth? 0_0
It doesn't make sense to me.
Far things are small and near things are big...
Idk that's how I find it
tongue.gif
Some people that have astigmatisms cant see 3d imagery.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
brandonspikes said:
Trollology said:
How can people not see depth? 0_0
It doesn't make sense to me.
Far things are small and near things are big...
Idk that's how I find it
tongue.gif
Some people that have astigmatisms cant see 3d imagery.
Or people blind on one eye.

It's not just the 3D that makes the 3DS awesome but the specs too. OoT is looking great. They say the 3D is great, so it's probably something to look forward to, but it's not the only advantage with the 3DS.

And current consoles can be 3D with emulation using nvidia's 3D or iz3d or amd's 3D, which is pretty cool, but probably not as great as in the 3DS. What I'm looking forward to most with the 3DS is 3D remakes of old games, like OoT, or new 3D games in old franchises like Paper Mario. Old 2D games will still be fun, the nostalgy will always be there.

Finwen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't think so, too. 2011 will be a good year to Playstation 3, for example, and i don't have a 3D television.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think 3DS as a replacement of GBA or DS. I'll still play GBA and DS games. I'll still keep GBA and DS consoles. For me, you kinda of lost the feeling if you play these games on 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Where do you see how much you've saved?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Under orders
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    See maybe good for you guys, but I don't hardly ever order from amazon, maybe only couple times a month
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Primes great because I stopped getting into arguments with the door greeter at Walmart
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahahaha
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They see me so much in there they don't even ask for me receipt anymore tbh
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Pain in the ass, don't see it anywhere on the desktop site, had to pull it up on my phone
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think they gave up on the website and mainly focus on the app
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Desktop site > mobile site > mobile app
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Mobile app is such absolute dogshit, I haven't used it in SO long
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah mobile versions better people don't think about how apps are just shrunken down websites
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Could be the phone connection etc I've mostly been fine with the app
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Regardless fuck bezos
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Agreed. Crazy how both seeking a job at Amazon, and subsequently quitting Amazon, are both some of the best decisions I've ever made
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did someone loose a leg? You're fired
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs 55gb patch for hogwarts legacy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Teslas are prob running Windows XP to this day.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    sometimes I wonder where I went wrong and why I'm so dissatisfied with my life
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Then I find myself arguing with someone on reddit about how blatantly wrong their understanding of the USB Power Delivery specification is.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    At 1 AM.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Where did I go wrong, again? 😕
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, What do you mean?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sicklyboy, What do you mean?