XP
Country

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
AKAIO has nothing to do with the card working on the 3DS. AKAIO is just a kernel, not firmware.
I'm pretty sure AKAIO is a firmware.

EDIT: nevermind I'm probably mixing the 2 together.
People have mistakenly referred to kernels as firmwares and firmwares as kernels. Even I have mixed them up here and there.
But to clear this up a bit.
Firmware is part of the flashcard, more or less known as the bootloader. It is the software used in order to boot into the flashcard to allow it to function on the system. If you would like to know more about how this works, check out this thread.
Kernel is the rom loader(s) used by the flashcard to run roms, homebrews, ect. It's more or less the operating system of the flashcard.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my Acekard2i (which is hardware version 81) must have come with a bootloader that was compatible with my 3DS when I bought it (version 1.0.0-0, I think?), otherwise surely it wouldn't have worked with just AKAIO 1.8.9 on it?

the bootloader has nothing to do with what version akaio your using

MarcSchiffres

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I discovered an odd problem with the codes on Black 2 (J) (no idea if the same applies to White 2):
When using the code to view a Pokemon's EV's and IV's, the EV's are a little inaccurate. All Special Attack points are displayed under Special Defense, and all Speed points are displayed under both Speed and Special Attack, leaving all Effort Points obtained in Special Defense unviewable, which is kind of annoying for anyone who wants to EV train.

Another slight anomaly about the same code concerns the method of viewing the Individual and Effort Values. Using the code for the same purpose on Black (original), you could view the stats, press L to view IV's, press R to view EV's, and press Start to view actual stats. In Black 2, you have to hold the respective button while changing screens to the stat page to view the values. I understand that this may not be adjustable, but I figured I'd mention it anyway.

All in all, the only real problem here is the first one, the second is just an unimportant anomaly.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wait so is it confirmed that the Mario and Luigi Bowser Inside Story problem is fixed?

When the battle between bowser and his castle, when we finish the battle, all the exp and etc, it freezes..is it patched?

pimpmuffin07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just downloaded 1.9.0 and I can't play Pokemon Conquest. I've tried both a patched ROM and a clean ROM with the Game Enabler cheat, and both times I get FAT Error. HELP! :(

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just downloaded 1.9.0 and I can't play Pokemon Conquest. I've tried both a patched ROM and a clean ROM with the Game Enabler cheat, and both times I get FAT Error. HELP! :(
Try removing excess FAT by jogging for an hour. Repeat daily and the error will go away.[/sarcasm]

Try to download the clean rom from a different source or check if this happens with other cheats as well.
In the 2nd case you might want to try a different cheat file.

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Try removing excess FAT by jogging for an hour. Repeat daily and the error will go away.[/sarcasm]

Try to download the clean rom from a different source or check if this happens with other cheats as well.
In the 2nd case you might want to try a different cheat file.
lol punny... I heard that using the Panasonic format tool will help make the SD card better, but it does sound like an SD card problem... what class/brand are you using?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    super slim seem kinda el cheapo. I could be wrong tho. haven't owned one
    I found a phat today for $60 + shipping.. idk much about modding them any more tho'
    that phat is mint too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I would Not trust anything from gamestop, ive read people buying stuff new under warranty, then something happens and they return to get fixed under they warranty to only get a used 2nd hand unit back, that bs
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @realtimesave, i made some research and its a super slim
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, I haven't modded a Xbox 360 before, looks easy to mod, but difficult to take apart lol. I've done OG Xboxes before.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i heard dkoldies is worse
    they aren't that hard to take apart. I can pop them apart with a jeweler's screwdriver any more
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, DKOldies is a scam.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I've already seen a lot of videos about them, and people no longer care.
    @Xdqwerty that's ok tho if you ever needed another model they are only like 60-80 dollars on offerup. pretty cheap
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    eBay sells Xbox 360s for £30.
    I wonder if there's an hdmi adapter for the old model
    cos that jtag works pretty damn good
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, ik its a scam, thats why i mentioned it
    +1
    even though it is a system prone to rrod which it doesn't have
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I would not recommend 360 phat models anymore, slims are better, and RGH3 possible, phats only rgh1 or jtag
    ya but phat has ps2 chip in it :)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This is a great buying guide that I recommend.
    my rgh systems glitch pretty damn fast
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Except Winchester, which even to this day, is not moddable.
    +1
    now I'm trying to figure out PS4 modding.
    +1
    looks easy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, It definitely did take a while for the PS4 to be fully hacked, much like the PS Vita.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, It definitely did take a while for the PS4 to be fully hacked, much like the PS Vita.