feel this port not just lazy complete rip off

Reactions: Fadi5555

Garuda357

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I like to believe ports like these are deliberately crafted to bring down the switch. One thing is compromising graphics for impossible ports like doom and Witcher and another is to spit on the consumer face when ports like metro look even better on switch than on their original versions. This creates a false narrative that the switch can't handle older game ports and that cloud gaming like kingdom hearts 1&2 are needed...

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've not had a single graphical glitch and it doesn't look that bad on my switch whatsoever. However in some situations even an overclocked switch can't keep up with the games demand. There are a lot of realtime shadows that bring the switch to its knees. I don't know why people want a 60fps patch If 30 are a struggle.

I was hoping someone could release a mod that lets us tweak some of these unreal engine settings.

The screenshot isn't taken in the best environment for a screenshot. It's just where I am in the game currently. Also remember that screenshots do not look as sharp as in-game.

Attachments

• 2022-10-25_14-46-01.bmp
    2.6 MB · Views: 22
  • 2022102514470600-3F45637D5C7801E066E1565E15D313F7.jpg
    2022102514470600-3F45637D5C7801E066E1565E15D313F7.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 73
Last edited by Slluxx,

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've not had a single graphical glitch and it doesn't look that bad on my switch whatsoever. However in some situations even an overclocked switch can't keep up with the games demand. There are a lot of realtime shadows that bring the switch to its knees. I don't know why people want a 60fps patch If 30 are a struggle.

I was hoping someone could release a mod that lets us tweak some of these unreal engine settings.

The screenshot isn't taken in the best environment for a screenshot. It's just where I am in the game currently. Also remember that screenshots do not look as sharp as in-game.
They are using their own engine - "Northlight Engine"

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do people expect when it comes to nintendo.

Not only is it that this "remaster" launches fucking ages after the actual remasters.

Its yet again another shit inferior port from a console 2 generations ago and its again confirmation on how cheap and inferior nintendo consoles are.

This is exactly why they consistently lack the great third party titles, all nintendo care about is how to hype cheap shit so they can keep recycling its same titles.

Intentionally using cheap inferior hardware to prevent third parties from releasing its current titles, so it gives less competition for nintendo when they recycle or just port the same old crap.

And again, nintendo will promise to do better for third party support, but what that means is they've given them just enough so they can port all their older titles nintendo lacked first time round.

Its embarrassing to see this crap took this long to port when its a title thats from 2 generations ago and it cant even run it properly.

Like who three fuck did the QA testing, Stevie fucking wonder?

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do people expect when it comes to nintendo.

Not only is it that this "remaster" launches fucking ages after the actual remasters.

Its yet again another shit inferior port from a console 2 generations ago and its again confirmation on how cheap and inferior nintendo consoles are.

This is exactly why they consistently lack the great third party titles, all nintendo care about is how to hype cheap shit so they can keep recycling its same titles.

Intentionally using cheap inferior hardware to prevent third parties from releasing its current titles, so it gives less competition for nintendo when they recycle or just port the same old crap.

And again, nintendo will promise to do better for third party support, but what that means is they've given them just enough so they can port all their older titles nintendo lacked first time round.

Its embarrassing to see this crap took this long to port when its a title thats from 2 generations ago and it cant even run it properly.

Like who three fuck did the QA testing, Stevie fucking wonder?
this rant just makes you sound like another one of those uninformed idiots that think the switch is as weak as the ps3 when switch is far more powerful this is just an extremely lazy poor port that says absolutely nothing about the power of the switch. even a weak ass intel HD 4000 could play this game with better performance and visual quality just showing how horrible of a job they did porting it

PaerGaben

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Well guys I bought the game the other day. I guess they have patched most of the texture issues. I'm a huge fan of this series and have in my possession multiple copies of the game on several platforms especially of the original version. I can say that the frame rate has slightly improved but there are still some slowdowns. I mainly played it on a V2 OG Switch in handheld mode. Having played this version I can say this feels like a potato version of the PC original with some of the remaster edition's improvements. Such as the new faces and the new cutscenes. Shadow quality and screen resolution is poor. Lighting seems dimmer closer to that of the original version. Sounds great with a headset or on a speaker set but man do those switch speakers sound tinny. It really felt like playing the unoptimized original PC port on a low end laptop PC from 2012 with every settings set to low. Unlike that version, it doesn't seem to lag when reaching a save point either. Highly compromised but still playable for sure. not the best Alan Wake experience on the go but still worth it if all you have at home is a switch. Otherwise I would recommend playing the original version on a Gabendeck for max performance and quality.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://torrentfreak.com/one-nintendo-dmca-notice-just-wiped-out-8535-yuzu-emulator-forks-240502/