• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

America may not be the greatest country on earth.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Then share our superiority with others.
This, among many other things is what has humanity all divided.

Whenever, anyone feels "superior" than others, is when humanity becomes rotten and stupidity takes its place.

When "unlimited" resources are available for a very limited hands and minds, wars arise and nations think they have the right to menace other nations in defense of borders than are way away of their own. Multinational organizations including UN are crap businesses in disguise at the service of those that economically support their interests, which in most cases are not everyone's interests.

Last edited by CMDreamer,

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Your house belongs to you, but the earth belongs to everyone.
Your house is on the earth, does that mean you let anyone just wonder about your property when they feel like it? after all in your own words you think it belongs to everyone. What If I just decided to build my own house in your garden and then said it was mine and barred you from coming in it?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The US was never the greatest country for a good chunk of the population. It’s also still not that great of a country. The US is pretty great at gaslighting the people into believing it’s anything other than a menace

Deleted member 546149

Trophies
XP
With a mentality like that - why do you have your own house, why not just let anyone live in it?
I mean, have you ever considered with no countries there would be world peace?
Post automatically merged:

The Americas - Continent
America - Country

Technically, it's referred to more as U.S. / United States. The 'united' part seems to be falling apart, sadly.
We don't care about each other anymore, or did we ever

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I mean, have you ever considered with no countries there would be world peace?
Post automatically merged:

We don't care about each other anymore, or did we ever
Haha, this is the funniest thing I have read for ages. Did you ever pick up a history book? Do you know anything about human nature? Most adult men outside of democrat states and the USA aren't Soy boys and will take what they want, including another country and it's wealth if they were in the position to do so - how would you get them to sit in a circle with you and sing Kubaya? I think if you tried to push your opinions on to them, they would beat you up and steal your stuff.

Deleted member 546149

Trophies
XP
Haha, this is the funniest thing I have read for ages. Did you ever pick up a history book? Do you know anything about human nature? Most adult men outside of democrat states and the USA aren't Soy boys and will take what they want, including another country and it's wealth if they were in the position to do so - how would you get them to sit in a circle with you and sing Kubaya? I think if you tried to push your opinions on to them, they would beat you up and steal your stuff.
Show them the right way :)

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mexico feels completely different from us/canada and is a lot more hospitable!
Even if you became a Mexican citizen, you will never be allowed to vote in their elections.
So this necessitates the question, why not freedom of movement between us canada and mexico like eu and schengen?
To prevent criminals from entering the country and raping 10 year olds and impregnating them or going on a stabbing spree on the Vegas strip.

The point of borders is to prevent people like the Tren de Aragua or MS-13 from crossing and committing heinous crimes.

I'm not sure why this is such a hard concept to grasp, but at least people in Martha's Vineyard understand. They called in the National Guard and had all those illegals deported off their island within 24 hours instead of opening up their homes to these brown people in need. And they cheered as they were leaving. So compassionate.

Deleted member 608654

A scarlet letter
OP
Trophies
XP
Even if you became a Mexican citizen, you will never be allowed to vote in their elections.

To prevent criminals from entering the country and raping 10 year olds and impregnating them or going on a stabbing spree on the Vegas strip.

The point of borders is to prevent people like the Tren de Aragua or MS-13 from crossing and committing heinous crimes.

I'm not sure why this is such a hard concept to grasp, but at least people in Martha's Vineyard understand. They called in the National Guard and had all those illegals deported off their island within 24 hours instead of opening up their homes to these brown people in need. And they cheered as they were leaving. So compassionate.
Latin America is unstable and dangerous because the US instigated such disruption to exploit the people there.

City

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
There’s no greatest country, but there is the greatest “place”.

By “the greatest place”, I mean one where:

- you have access to healthcare
- you share it with people you love
- your neighbors are excellent
- there’s little to no pollution
- so much lack of criminality that you can leave your house for a month without fearing the worst, or that you can go out at anytime with no fear

This can be a condo, a street, a whole block… a city? Maybe. A region? Difficult. A whole country? Impossible.

My advice is to accept the fact that, wherever you go, the country as a whole will be flawed for some stuff. Find a nice community, get accepted and enjoy life. Of course, this gets more difficult the less money you have, but it definitely is possible.

Deleted member 608654

A scarlet letter
OP
Trophies
XP
There’s no greatest country, but there is the greatest “place”.

By “the greatest place”, I mean one where:

- you have access to healthcare
- you share it with people you love
- your neighbors are excellent
- there’s little to no pollution
- so much lack of criminality that you can leave your house for a month without fearing the worst, or that you can go out at anytime with no fear

This can be a condo, a street, a whole block… a city? Maybe. A region? Difficult. A whole country? Impossible.

My advice is to accept the fact that, wherever you go, the country as a whole will be flawed for some stuff. Find a nice community, get accepted and enjoy life. Of course, this gets more difficult the less money you have, but it definitely is possible.
Is it possible to have high standard of living with low cost of living?

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There's not much great about America, that's hard to disagree, regarding humans... humans are really complex, self-aware and self-destructive, humans are probably the only complex enough species that can keep self-destructing while being completely aware of it and intentionally avoiding to change course.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: