An official Nintendo-developed GBA emulator for the Nintendo Switch has reportedly been leaked

FQpOncqXEAQ-Cun.jpg

4Chan is the source of many internet leaks regarding video game files, and today is no exception; a set of three zips were uploaded to anonfiles, containing something rather interesting. Allegedly, within the files was a Game Boy emulator called Hiyoko and a Game Boy Advance emulator called Sloop, both developed by Nintendo themselves, through their European research and development team. The emulators were in NSP format, and users that downloaded the files quickly got them to work on their own modded consoles, which function and play GBA and GB ROM files. A video of the Sloop and Hiyoko emulators can be seen below, courtesy of Twitter user RatgorlHunter.

Pokemon Pinball: Ruby and Sapphire and Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3 were shown to be working through the emulators, with settings within them curiously offering random matchmaking features. Given the existence of these files, it's likely that we'll be seeing Game Boy and Game Boy Advance games added to Nintendo Switch Online's game lineup sometime in the future. For now, nothing is officially confirmed.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We should have been had this…. I hope they put this on the $20 a year plan.

Although I have a hacked switch , and a vita it would be nice to get this feature

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a firmware 14.1.1 update for the Switch. So......Yeah they know!
how does a firmware update to the system (which usually come out on Mondays around 5-6 PST) have anything to do with this leak, it's not like it's anything that'd be affected by a firmware change

Reactions: rantex92

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Cue up those Hoenn Trumpets.

I honestly don't think the Pokémon Company will make any Pokémon games available on Switch Online, we already have to pay for Pokémon Home which could very well be included in the Switch Online subscription, imagine the GB/GBC/GBA games...

I remember that 3DS Gen 1 and 2 Pokémon games cost more than other Virtual Console games, but the price was justifiable because of Pokémon Bank/Home, Multiplayer support and some ROM adjustments they made (like changes to some sprites and the Surfing Pikachu event in Pokémon Yellow and Pokeball GS in Pokémon Crystal)

pokota

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my question is, how many iterations of VC is it going to take before Nintendo lets us remap the controls without remapping the entire sytsem?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I will continue to ask what ever I feel like asking. lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    not the type of thing I would do
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @NinStar, most of my exp comes from my reaction score and threads posted
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I mean, I've never seen a message on a thread with more than 30 reactions at max
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just be a mod, insta likes for xp
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    and based on the table reactions only give 1 xp
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And insta fear from your enemies
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @NinStar, i always posted on the eof meme threads
    xp is arbitrary anyway
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just like the like system people think it matters
    likes got introduced like years after I joined
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still feel as if they take away conversation
    post anything dumb, people will like it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eggs
    perhaps the rag tag team of idiots isn't awake yet...
  • OfficialGamer @ OfficialGamer:
    When I remake my Wii system menu theme I'm gonna publish it to GBAtemp for people to have it if they want to idk I'm bored
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or busy humping each other
    digital circle jerk
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Zoom dcj
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sir please stop wanking during this meeting
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies