Android or iOS?

• Total voters

TheCasketMan

Keyblade Apprentice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you like customization, open source/homebrew & emulation, then Android is for you.
If you like more major game publisher dev support, easier to use OS & less adds/bugs, then IOS is for you.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
iOS is for the basic bitch that does care about modding their OS, or really having any options at all. Android offers everything. Take your pick.

Reactions: Duo8

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I could do the few things I use my phone for with any of the operating systems. My Android phone was much cheaper than any iPhone though.

kisamesama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried both. android for me.. but ios probably for people with no tech knowledge as it is more linear and straightforward and you cannot tweak anything

anthonyplep

(´ε` )
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I have iOS, my brother has Android. We've both been using iOS since 2008 but he got an android tablet recently and that made him switch. I don't dislike Android... It's just not my OS of choice. I appreciate how open it is and how much you can do on it but when you use the same thing for 5 years it's kinda hard to switch. I don't buy any iDevice for its brand name or design, I buy for the OS, ease of use and the (slightly) larger AppStore. I buy because I know that it's something I won't have to tinker with to get used to (although it's not like its hard to, I find Android just as easy as iOS to use) and pretty much the main thing is iTunes as well. I'm not quite site why people have problems or complain with iTunes but I've never had a problem. I spent a little too much money on apps to ever consider switching as well

As far as emulation/jailbreaking goes, I'm patient enough to wait for jailbreaks. I love Cydia and the tweaks and stuff they have on there but for emulators they need to hurry up with PS1 and N64 already. I'm not expecting miracles here but a well optimized emulator like N64Droid and etc. would be great considering iOS devices are becoming better and better with every new phone release

It's dumb that some people get so passionate with this stuff (not any of you, I haven't read any comments yet) but they're just phones, take them for what they are and appreciate the technology. iOS 7 and Jelly Bean are fantastic OSes for fantastic devices. I can't speak for Android since as mentioned above I don't own one but I've been using iOS ever since 2.0 and it's crazy how much the technology has changed in 5 years

Ok I'm done :)

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
i tried both. android for me.. but ios probably for people with no tech knowledge as it is more linear and straightforward and you cannot tweak anything
I do not agree that iOS is easier to use, my 2 year old sister navigate easier on a Android phone then a iPhone, but Windows Phone works best for her :)

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Sweden
I have iOS, my brother has Android. We've both been using iOS since 2008 but he got an android tablet recently and that made him switch. I don't dislike Android... It's just not my OS of choice. I appreciate how open it is and how much you can do on it but when you use the same thing for 5 years it's kinda hard to switch. I don't buy any iDevice for its brand name or design, I buy for the OS, ease of use and the (slightly) larger AppStore. I buy because I know that it's something I won't have to tinker with to get used to (although it's not like its hard to, I find Android just as easy as iOS to use) and pretty much the main thing is iTunes as well. I'm not quite site why people have problems or complain with iTunes but I've never had a problem. I spent a little too much money on apps to ever consider switching as well

As far as emulation/jailbreaking goes, I'm patient enough to wait for jailbreaks. I love Cydia and the tweaks and stuff they have on there but for emulators they need to hurry up with PS1 and N64 already. I'm not expecting miracles here but a well optimized emulator like N64Droid and etc. would be great considering iOS devices are becoming better and better with every new phone release

It's dumb that some people get so passionate with this stuff (not any of you, I haven't read any comments yet) but they're just phones, take them for what they are and appreciate the technology. iOS 7 and Jelly Bean are fantastic OSes for fantastic devices. I can't speak for Android since as mentioned above I don't own one but I've been using iOS ever since 2.0 and it's crazy how much the technology has changed in 5 years

fun fact appstore is smaller then Google play :P

anthonyplep

(´ε` )
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I do not agree that iOS is easier to use, my 2 year old sister navigate easier on a Android phone then a iPhone, but Windows Phone works best for her :)
Fair enough. To each their own. Some people will just find it easier using one OS than the other(s). It's not a fact that iOS is easier to use that's for sure. Only using iPhones, iPods and iPads for 5 years...would only make sense that it's the easier OS for me specifically
fun fact appstore is smaller then Google play :P
I was only assuming but I mean it would make sense but for this I would say quality over quantity. Apple's App Store is a lot more regulated to what apps make it on or not, while Google Play is a lot less. That doesn't mean Apple has the better apps, nor does Android. Plenty of apps are on both enough to not make a difference. It shouldn't have to be "x is smaller than x" because does that really matter? When I download an app that's the last thing on my mind

Reactions: filfat

The Riolu

Emanation Pokémon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's honestly based on opinion. In my opinion, I believe that iOS has more fluidity and seems more stable. However, Android has many more customization options (unless you add jailbreaking to the mix, then they compare a little better).

Even though if you see the iPhone 5S's ARM 64-bit arch processor benchmarks, you'd be surprised when you compare it to the Note 3.

Just my 2 cents

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Sweden
Fair enough. To each their own. Some people will just find it easier using one OS than the other(s). It's not a fact that iOS is easier to use that's for sure. Only using iPhones, iPods and iPads for 5 years...would only make sense that it's the easier OS for me specifically

I was only assuming but I mean it would make sense but for this I would say quality over quantity. Apple's App Store is a lot more regulated to what apps make it on or not, while Google Play is a lot less. That doesn't mean Apple has the better apps, nor does Android. Plenty of apps are on both enough to not make a difference. It shouldn't have to be "x is smaller than x" because does that really matter? When I download an app that's the last thing on my mind
that is one of the reasons i lie windows store, i got quality comtent even though i have few apps they usaly good compared to all those android hello world apps XD

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I prefer iOS for one reason: I do not care about the apps. It's FACETIME! Why ? It is better than Skype and OOVOO. It have a HIGHER QUALITY VIDEO and CLEAR! Why again, you say ? Its perfect for the deaf people with sign language without a blur like skype and some pixel boxes pop up like oovoo does.

iPhone is for me! :D

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Just a quick note, very good PS1 emulation has been around for a few months with Retroarch. They're also working on an N64 core which should arrive on Android first, then iOS later. BTW, do you mean N64oid? Because that and Mupen64plus AE are the only legit, original n64 emulators ATM. Anything else is a just a quick rip of the source code with ads put in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig...