3.png
Picture 4
4.png
Picture 5
5.png
Picture 6
6.png
Picture 7
There are very few "playable" games on the 3DS at the Electronic Entertainment Expo. Most of the demos are little more than interactive shows, either running in streaming video (like Capcom's Resident Evil and Nintendo's own Kid Icarus: Uprising) or using real-time game engine assets like Mario Kart. Animal Crossing for the 3DS was revealed as in development, but at the show all that's here is a real-time demo that you simply watch.But at least you get to see how well the stereoscopic LCD can display the familiar Animal Crossing world. The "rolling log" effect of the game's world is in effect in this version as you watch one of the Animal Crossing humans wander the terrain and bump into the occasional animal -- one of which was a bear that I've never seen before in any of the prior Animal Crossing games, leading me to believe there will actually be new creatures to encounter.The human wandered into a house filled with all sorts of furniture, and the game automatically shifted the camera closer to the character and rotated it around so that the viewer can see all the items in this abode. Again, the stereoscopic effect worked well here. Subtle, but helpful.What's most noticeable is the insane increase in texture detail. The game might be running at 30 frames per second when compared to the Wii's 60 FPS, but the detail of the grass and the furniture is far, far superior to what's going on in the Wii version. Even when the camera swooped in for a close look inside one of the animal's houses, you could pick out the detail on the checkerboard and sofa.There was nothing in this demo to indicate if the actual Animal Crossing design will be anything more than what it's been on the Nintendo DS and Wii -- after playing through both of those games at length I'm ready for a fresh life in an animal infested village.
IGN's Review

(Thanks, to ACC, and IGN.)

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
maybe this time there will be a park instead of a city. then have 4-6 players in one place other than at a town:). Either way this Animal Crossing has beautiful gfx.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I didn't notice till one of the Magazine Staff viewed this thread, then I followed him to another thread with the screenies in it.

(Congrats on hiting your 500th post BTW)

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you wanted to save space or tidy things up, you can use titles in the spoiler bars.

Code:
[spoiler][title:Picture #][/spoiler]
[title:Picture #]

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
GameSoul said:
maybe this time there will be a park instead of a city. then have 4-6 players in one place other than at a town:). Either way this Animal Crossing has beautiful gfx.

Yeah, but it kinda freaks me out that they're really tall now. I love everything else though, so I guess I'll have to get used to it =P.

ryan90

Trophies
XP
Country
you could have put all the images inside the same spoiler so we didn't have to click to look at every pic

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.tomshardware.com/video-games/nearly-all-nintendo-64-games-can-now-be-recompiled-into-...