ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

adrienabadie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hey! So I got it to work fine, but I have a new issue:

I've been playing it a few days now without injecting new saves, and it has worked normally for the past week but for some reason the game crashes today and the next several days as tested by changing my 3ds date. I don't even get to Isabelle, I see the train loading screen and it tells me there was an error and needs to be restarted. Yesterday still works though, and I can set the date back just fine.

As I saids i haven't infected or edited a save on about a week. Anyone know a fix for this? I'd kinda like my campground and stuff to update...

In which dates does the game crash? Because I've heard about something similar like a year ago on tumblr. If I remember well their game always crashed on the month of august.

rosenliz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In which dates does the game crash? Because I've heard about something similar like a year ago on tumblr. If I remember well their game always crashed on the month of august.

Well that certainly raises some questions.

It works for yesterday, August 1st, but it hasn't worked on any subsequent dates I've tested (August 2-8).

I just tested setting it to September 1st and 2nd, and neither of those worked either. Setting the date in game rather than on the console had the same results. Prior to August 2nd works, and that date onwards doesn't.

adrienabadie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Well that certainly raises some questions.

It works for yesterday, August 1st, but it hasn't worked on any subsequent dates I've tested (August 2-8).

I just tested setting it to September 1st and 2nd, and neither of those worked either. Setting the date in game rather than on the console had the same results. Prior to August 2nd works, and that date onwards doesn't.

Could you try loading a clean, non-hacked save file on those dates and see if it still crashes? Just to be sure that this is save-editing related.

rosenliz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Could you try loading a clean, non-hacked save file on those dates and see if it still crashes? Just to be sure that this is save-editing related.

Yeah, sorry. Original save works fine through August 2nd, just the edited one doesn't. Odd that it's worked until now, though.

misteor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
usually when you get a black screen like that sounds fairly bad. Try a backup from before this happened if you have one. If not, build a new town.

I made a new town from scratch and edited it to have the same layout as the one which crashed. This time I made sure to have all 4 characters on it first though. Kinda sad I have to re-do it all again but luckily I have the old one to reference on which should take a lot faster. Thanks for the quick reply.

adrienabadie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Yeah, sorry. Original save works fine through August 2nd, just the edited one doesn't. Odd that it's worked until now, though.

You mentioned you wanted to upgrade your campground and stuff. Maybe those upgrades are somehow causing the crash? Because there must be something that is causing the game to crash post August second (Maybe a building in a bad location? Or a new pwp blocking an important building?) that doesn't exist on August first.

rosenliz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You mentioned you wanted to upgrade your campground and stuff. Maybe those upgrades are somehow causing the crash? Because there must be something that is causing the game to crash post August second (Maybe a building in a bad location? Or a new pwp blocking an important building?) that doesn't exist on August first.

Ah, I just meant that the stuff you can buy and the RV in the campground hasn't changed because the day hasn't progressed, it's been stuck on August 1st.

No new buildings, no new PWP for days and the town plaza is wide open. I'm honestly wracking my brain, everything should be fine.

adrienabadie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Ah, I just meant that the stuff you can buy and the RV in the campground hasn't changed because the day hasn't progressed, it's been stuck on August 1st.

No new buildings, no new PWP for days and the town plaza is wide open. I'm honestly wracking my brain, everything should be fine.

Could you please upload your save file so I can check it?

rosenliz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here, I've noticed that I could play before August 2nd, but after time travelling and saving at an earlier date I can longer progress past THAT date. I can only seem to replay that day or go further back, so it's something about progressing to a new day that isn't working. As I've said, I haven't started any new PWPs and I finished my last one about a week ago. The only thing that I can think of actually changing that isn't tied to a specific date are player home renovations, which I've been completing in-game daily.

Attachments

• garden_plus.zip
    63.4 KB · Views: 163

adrienabadie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Here, I've noticed that I could play before August 2nd, but after time travelling and saving at an earlier date I can longer progress past THAT date. I can only seem to replay that day or go further back, so it's something about progressing to a new day that isn't working. As I've said, I haven't started any new PWPs and I finished my last one about a week ago. The only thing that I can think of actually changing that isn't tied to a specific date are player home renovations, which I've been completing in-game daily.

The only thing I can think of that might be causing this is the town tree size. Maybe it's scheduled to change on the next day but for some reason it can't? Have you changed the town tree size in any way?

Also: Now that I notice, you only have 9 villagers. Maybe you got a random move in that is trying to move to a bad location.

Last edited by adrienabadie,

Boytoxic38

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

The only thing I can think of that might be causing this is the town tree size. Maybe it's scheduled to change on the next day but for some reason it can't? Have you changed the town tree size in any way?

Also: Now that I notice, you only have 9 villagers. Maybe you got a random move in that is trying to move to a bad location.

It did that to me once : the game didn't load at a date and then, it couldn't work for the upcoming days (I've called it "Doomsday" ^^). What did that is the arrival of a villager indeed, and something was blocking it, I couldn't figure it out directly but then, I have removed all the non legit trees/bushes in my town (aka : cider trees in south, trees placed directly next to each other or placed in the borders,...), and then the game could finally launch again. It didn't make sense since all of those trees weren't blocking the way to the villager's house. But I have supposed that the algorithm of the game sort of scans the whole map to be able to place the new house. So Rosenliz, You said that you didn't modified PWPs and I don't think that home renovations are causing the crash. Were you waiting the arrival of a newcomer villager ? and did you put some "Non legit trees/bushes" in your town ? (or maybe is it related to the fact that you've modified some acres ?) let us know

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

In the mean time, I have checked your Garden Plus file, I did see indeed that you have some cider trees south, some bushes in borders and also long lines of bushes (means that it does not respect the fact that you can't put more than 12 trees/bushes in a row in normal conditions). My advice : try to space up these lines in order to repect that rule, and see if it solves the problem. Like I said, this is what solved my "Doomsday problem" ^^, but it was difficult to figure out what was the problem because I've seen a lot of people doing all things with the trees/bushes and did not have any trouble, so it wasn't obvious to suspect the trees.

adrienabadie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
If it truly is because of trees in bad locations or too many bushes in a row, then I have to wonder why this issue seems to be so rare. But then again maybe most people who hack to put cedar trees on the south or to put as many bushes as they want right next to each other also hack their villagers' house placements on the spots they want to complete their town. Since they already have all their dreamies in the perfect places they probably don't tend to get any new villagers.

rosenliz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It did that to me once : the game didn't load at a date and then, it couldn't work for the upcoming days (I've called it "Doomsday" ^^). What did that is the arrival of a villager indeed, and something was blocking it, I couldn't figure it out directly but then, I have removed all the non legit trees/bushes in my town (aka : cider trees in south, trees placed directly next to each other or placed in the borders,...), and then the game could finally launch again. It didn't make sense since all of those trees weren't blocking the way to the villager's house. But I have supposed that the algorithm of the game sort of scans the whole map to be able to place the new house. So Rosenliz, You said that you didn't modified PWPs and I don't think that home renovations are causing the crash. Were you waiting the arrival of a newcomer villager ? and did you put some "Non legit trees/bushes" in your town ? (or maybe is it related to the fact that you've modified some acres ?) let us know

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

In the mean time, I have checked your Garden Plus file, I did see indeed that you have some cider trees south, some bushes in borders and also long lines of bushes (means that it does not respect the fact that you can't put more than 12 trees/bushes in a row in normal conditions). My advice : try to space up these lines in order to repect that rule, and see if it solves the problem. Like I said, this is what solved my "Doomsday problem" ^^, but it was difficult to figure out what was the problem because I've seen a lot of people doing all things with the trees/bushes and did not have any trouble, so it wasn't obvious to suspect the trees.

If it truly is because of trees in bad locations or too many bushes in a row, then I have to wonder why this issue seems to be so rare. But then again maybe most people who hack to put cedar trees on the south or to put as many bushes as they want right next to each other also hack their villagers' house placements on the spots they want to complete their town. Since they already have all their dreamies in the perfect places they probably don't tend to get any new villagers.

Doomsday averted! I couldn't find the footprints of any incoming villagers, but I did fix the cedars and bushes and it's working fine now. I kinda liked the long hedges, but maybe I'll try it again when I have a full town. Thanks guys!

Boytoxic38

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

That's exactly the same conclusion that I have concluded :)

Doomsday averted! I couldn't find the footprints of any incoming villagers, but I did fix the cedars and bushes and it's working fine now. I kinda liked the long hedges, but maybe I'll try it again when I have a full town. Thanks guys!

Nice !!! pleased to know that it solved your problem :)

Reactions: rosenliz

JyuJyu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!! I hope I’m not doing this completely wrong

I’ve been using saveeditor for a few days now, and the game was working fine last night. But this morning, it just decided to crash and like... not work. I don’t know what to do at all.

Boytoxic38

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello!! I hope I’m not doing this completely wrong

I’ve been using saveeditor for a few days now, and the game was working fine last night. But this morning, it just decided to crash and like... not work. I don’t know what to do at all.

What kind of modifications did you make in your town by using the Save Editor ? (be as specific as you can)

JyuJyu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did what I'd described in the post above: put it in a (none) that was within other projects. I've had four bridges for a couple weeks now & my game is just fine. even when I go to tear stuff down, the list acknowledges there are four bridges but doesn't do anything weird.

So does the (none) basically mean you had something there, then it was deleted? I'm kinda confused, I want four bridges myself

Boytoxic38

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have an old 3DS with version 8.1.0-19U. Can I put homebrew on this? If so, with what method?

Hi, YES you can.
You can have two options :

1 - If you ONLY want to have Homebrew, you can use the Soundhax method (which is a pretty simple method working for 3ds versions up to 11.3). Here is a well done tutorial :

2 - You can install CFW on your 3ds (hence still having Homebrew even if you update your 3DS, But the method is more elaborate). For that, you can go on this webpage : https://3ds.hacks.guide/get-started

You will find a table that will give you which hack method to use for each 3ds version. In general, if you have any questions concerning the installation of CFW in your 3ds, go to this site : https://3ds.hacks.guide/
It is the most reliable site in this domain and the steps are very well described :)

Hope it'll help ;)

wiifan420

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if anyone has compiled a list of flags for custom furniture? I've got a short list of a few of the flags that I've logged and would be happy to contribute if someone already has a spreadsheet of some kind going.

Ive documented all of the flag customizations. At least for the furniture, WA items, rocks, and trees!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, when your wife kicks you out BOVONO Prefabricated Tiny Home, Mobile Prefab House with...