Anime Recommendation

Arcanuskun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I want to watch anime now but I'm not finding the right series to watch. What would you recommend? Any genre will do. No hentai please. Watch them all already ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). Joke.

D

Deleted-379826

Steins;Gate! It's easily the best thing I've ever seen and you really should watch it! It's short, with 24 episodes, a 25th episode that isn't canon and a single movie. I'd highly recommend watching it. One thing though is that it has an extremely slow start, I know quite a few people who've dropped it because they judged it off the beginning. Definitely stick with it and I think I can guarantee you'll enjoy it! I think @Chary can provide some backup. :P

Reactions: Arcanuskun

Arcanuskun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Steins;Gate! It's easily the best thing I've ever seen and you really should watch it! It's short, with 24 episodes, a 25th episode that isn't canon and a single movie. I'd highly recommend watching it. One thing though is that it has an extremely slow start, I know quite a few people who've dropped it because they judged it off the beginning. Definitely stick with it and I think I can guarantee you'll enjoy it! I think @Chary can provide some backup. :P
Thanks for recommending Steins;Gate. Sadly, I already watched that series. Maybe I can rewatch it later. Good stuff indeed.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/smileyhead&view=tile&status=7
Basically anything I'm currently watching or have given an 8+ score.
I saw Bakemonogotari in the list. I didnt start monogotari series yet. So what specific order should you recommend me for me to enjoy the story. Heard it consists of many anime series.

Last edited by Arcanuskun,
Reactions: Deleted-379826

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Backup calvary is here!
Thanks for recommending Steins;Gate. Sadly, I already watched that series. Maybe I can rewatch it larer. Good stuff indeed.
Watch steins gate again ;)

Do you want a romance story: Ouran High School host Club

A short but powerful adventure series: Katanagatari (unrelated to the monogatari series)

The 'trapped in a fantasy world' trope: ReZero

Something insane: Shimoneta

Teen drama: Yahari

Something quick to smash your heart into pieces: Plastic Memories

Ready to settle in and watch a lot of anime?: Full Metal Alchemist

Fantasy/action: Fate Zero

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Thanks for recommending Steins;Gate. Sadly, I already watched that series. Maybe I can rewatch it later. Good stuff indeed.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I saw Bakemonogotari in the list. I didnt start monogotari series yet. So what specific order should you recommend me for me to enjoy the story. Heard it consists of many anime series.
I dropped that one, but based on other people's recommendations, I'd say go with the airing order.

Reactions: Arcanuskun

Arcanuskun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Backup calvary is here!

Watch steins gate again ;)

Do you want a romance story: Ouran High School host Club

A short but powerful adventure series: Katanagatari (unrelated to the monogatari series)

The 'trapped in a fantasy world' trope: ReZero

Something insane: Shimoneta

Teen drama: Yahari

Something quick to smash your heart into pieces: Plastic Memories

Ready to settle in and watch a lot of anime?: Full Metal Alchemist

Fantasy/action: Fate Zero
Katanagatari, Plastic Memories, and Shimoneta are the ones I didn't watch yet. Maybe I'll go watch Plastic Memories tonight (It's already approaching 12 midnight here in the PH)

Reactions: Chary

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Katanagatari, Plastic Memories, and Shimoneta are the ones I didn't watch yet. Maybe I'll go watch Plastic Memories tonight (It's already approaching 12 midnight here in the PH)
nonono, don't watch Plastic Memories at night, unless you're completely feelsproof.

Reactions: Chary

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Look at my anime list.
upload_2017-5-7_18-36-54.png

:D

Reactions: Deleted User

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Nichijou was the shit, actually the most funny thing i watched.
Made me laugh couple of times, sad that it ended so quickly...
totally agree.
@OP, watch Nichijou as well!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:ohnoes::lol::rofl::rofl2: