Hardware Announcing the amiiqo - Switch amiibo's with ease!

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you enlighten me about the value you getto use the amiibo ?

I've seen that shovel knight co-op mode will be unlocked with the amiibo, but do you think the dlc will be unlocked once forever?
The idea behind is to know if i can mutualize the amiiqo with friends, and just unlock everything once, then lend it to my friend until the next wave of amiibo ?

We don't know yet for Shovel Knight amiibo unlock as it hasn't been released yet.
However, going by ones that are already released, you might need it every time to unlock, and my theory comes from:

Reference Mario Kart 8's unlock (tap to unlock Mii costumes) was a one time issue
Reference Splatoon (a more recent release) unlock which requires the amiibo to be tapped everytime to unlock the trials. (Although to be fair, once the trials have been completed and the gear has been obtained,you really don't need the amiibo anymore, AFAIK)

Reactions: BENETNATH

Kadou

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Documentation on amiiqo seems really scarce, so I'll ask here. I just got my amiiqo in the mail from ChocoKitty and went to go set it up, but I can't get it to read through the NFC on my tablet. I know it can read amiibo just fine through multiple tests, but nothing even pops up on the menu when I try the amiiqo on both sides. I'm using the 1.2 app and have tried multiple amiibo that have scanned, so I really don't know what the issue is here.

For reference, I'm using the 2nd Edition amiiqo without the preloaded data.

EDIT: Okay, SOME progress. I keep force stopping the app and clearing the cache, and I think that allows me to get the amiiqo detected... once. I can't even change the bank count when I try because it can't scan again. Is this a problem with the amiiqo or my tablet?

Last edited by Kadou,

mattycfp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Documentation on amiiqo seems really scarce, so I'll ask here. I just got my amiiqo in the mail from ChocoKitty and went to go set it up, but I can't get it to read through the NFC on my tablet. I know it can read amiibo just fine through multiple tests, but nothing even pops up on the menu when I try the amiiqo on both sides. I'm using the 1.2 app and have tried multiple amiibo that have scanned, so I really don't know what the issue is here.

For reference, I'm using the 2nd Edition amiiqo without the preloaded data.

EDIT: Okay, SOME progress. I keep force stopping the app and clearing the cache, and I think that allows me to get the amiiqo detected... once. I can't even change the bank count when I try because it can't scan again. Is this a problem with the amiiqo or my tablet?

Use a different version of the app and see what sticks.

Kadou

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Turns out it's the tablet - Nexus 7, to be exact. My phone also has NFC and just ran amiiqo without any issues at all. I don't know why the tablet is so bad with it, but at least it's working. Heads up for anyone with a Nexus 7, though.

mattycfp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Turns out it's the tablet - Nexus 7, to be exact. My phone also has NFC and just ran amiiqo without any issues at all. I don't know why the tablet is so bad with it, but at least it's working. Heads up for anyone with a Nexus 7, though.

I'll keep note. :)

Maybe it's the custom version of Android screwing with it? I'm sure that the Nexus 7 has a problem with apps using NFC.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Until Amiiqo add some kind of identification functionality to the app, does anyone know of a good free app on the play store what will scan the amiiqo and tell me which character is loaded?

I tried a few collection ones and they either have ads that crash the app or don't really respond to a switch.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Until Amiiqo add some kind of identification functionality to the app, does anyone know of a good free app on the play store what will scan the amiiqo and tell me which character is loaded?

I tried a few collection ones and they either have ads that crash the app or don't really respond to a switch.

would be handy, but I just load the number of slots I need for specific games. For example mines set to 6 slots, 3 splatoon and 3 yarn yoshis. It's simpler to remember and less clicks than trying to have max number of slots and remember them all.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
would be handy, but I just load the number of slots I need for specific games. For example mines set to 6 slots, 3 splatoon and 3 yarn yoshis. It's simpler to remember and less clicks than trying to have max number of slots and remember them all.
I only had 15. The splatoon amiibo reading is unhelpful.

I had to load up smash bros to find the squid amiibo.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Each to their own. Lets hope 1.3 will add detection.

EDIT: @Nollog Amiidex seems to be pretty good.

EDIT 2: It shows the current data bank, but switching doesnt work.... I had to switch the amiibo in a game, then rescan in amiidex to see the new amiibo data bank....weird.

Last edited by KiiWii,

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this probably rare for this to happen, but I have to ask. Has anyone been able to dump the Shovel Knight amiibo early?

I'm not going to ask for the obviously illegal file (I don't even want it anyway :P). I'm just wondering if anyone's been able to dump it, that's all. This is to just confirm a theory I have.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this probably rare for this to happen, but I have to ask. Has anyone been able to dump the Shovel Knight amiibo early?

I'm not going to ask for the obviously illegal file (I don't even want it anyway :P). I'm just wondering if anyone's been able to dump it, that's all. This is to just confirm a theory I have.

The likelihood of it leaking prior to retail release is low. We certainly aren't going to see it anytime soon. The reason that people were able to get the unreleased amiibos prior to their official release is because people found the data and reverse engineered it from Smash. AFAIK the Shovel Knight WiiU game doesn't yet support the amiibo, and will after an update. Once that update goes live, then it's possible.

Reactions: KiiWii

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The likelihood of it leaking prior to retail release is low. We certainly aren't going to see it anytime soon. The reason that people were able to get the unreleased amiibos prior to their official release is because people found the data and reverse engineered it from Smash. AFAIK the Shovel Knight WiiU game doesn't yet support the amiibo, and will after an update. Once that update goes live, then it's possible.
I know that there is a file structure on Amiibos that are exclusive to the Smash Series. I thought that if it was leaked, people could see if they could find those files or not in it so we would know if Shovel Knight is in Smash or not. Anyways, thanks for letting me know!

Reactions: jesterscourt

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom

How did ROB and Falco leak before retail then, but G&W and duck hunt haven't?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I assume that data was probably taken from the game's code as Falco and ROB reside in the base game. While Shovel Knight doesn't have data in the game and is still just a rumor.

So G&W and duck hunt don't reside? They must do as @memahax showed us those two working ages ago... Also How would you extract the amiibo BIN from the game disk/ update files? Surely the BIN is stored on the amiibo itself and the game scans the ID and data from the BIN to unlock characters.... Doesn't add up to me.

I assume memahax modded the chars on the disk to be opened by alternate amiibos, or he cracked amiibo encryption, modded the BIN files and spoofed G&W and DHD....

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So G&W and duck hunt don't reside? They must do as @memahax showed us those two working ages ago... Also How would you extract the amiibo BIN from the game disk/ update files? Surely the BIN is stored on the amiibo itself and the game scans the ID and data from the BIN to unlock characters.... Doesn't add up to me.

I assume memahax modded the chars on the disk to be opened by alternate amiibos, or he cracked amiibo encryption, modded the BIN files and spoofed G&W and DHD....
Honestly, I'm just assuming. I don't really know how these things work.
upload_2015-9-2_16-0-28.png

Reactions: KiiWii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...