Any games that you regret selling/losing/giving away?

1B51004

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine was Pilotwings Resort for the 3DS. Got it as one of the first games with my first 3DS as a birthday gift from my grandma. A year or two ago, I sold it along with some other games to get some cash for it since I didn't really have a job (or an allowance) back then. Now I regret it because I was having fun and I didn't realize it.

Any games that you sold/lost/gave away and regret later on in life? I know it's really specific circumstances, but I'm sure it happened more times than you could count.

D

Deleted User

less so sold moreso give away
a long time ago my mom had convinced me to give away mario land, mario land 2 and wario land 1 thinking "i'd never play them" because i had like 3 other gameboy games i occupied myself with

i could easily buy these games nowadays but it's more effort and money and i'm too lazy

most of my regrets are from getting rid of hardware that nowadays is either impossible to find or costs way too much, or my memory is too vague to remember the specifics

KokoseiJ

GBAtemp VOCALOID Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Kirby's return to dream land for Wii.

even though I'm basically terrible at games(I can't even clear NSMBW by myself), I somehow managed to get through the final boss battle, but before beating it, my disc got scratched.

It's still there though. just unrecognizable by Wii. probably revivable with grinding pastes. also I have an ISO of it anyways.

but... that was before I modded my Wii. I was stupid enough, wanted to try to re-mod my Wii(we paid someone to install it before, I requested that to my dad lol), and I... just factory-resetted my Wii. lol. It was too late when I realized all my saves will be gone forever. I lost my saves in ACCF, Wii Party, Kirby(both epic yarns and dream land), and many other games.

if only I had a NAND backup for that Wii. I found some NAND files from my old HDD but they were all taken after I wiped that Wii... guess they are long gone for now.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy for the Wii...but to be fair, I got it at a GameStop at a reduced price, and it had that stupid sticker those normies at GameStop love to put on pristine works of art such as the metal cover for that game, and I kind of needed as much money as I could for my first PC build at the time!

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I regret selling/trading pretty much everything I had pre-2000 - most specifically snes and megadrive... I've replaced a lot over the last 15 years, but there are a few that I'll never be able to justify buying at their current prices.
As for "lost" games... I loaned a friend Final Fantasy IX and lost touch with him before getting it back - annoyingly I hadn't even played it yet and only loaned it to him because I was playing Xenogears at the time... have still never played FFIX :(
Loaned another friend Point Blank and Point Blank 2, still yet to have them returned 20yrs later - I only remember due to still having the big outer box for PB2 with a never used Guncon still in it.

I stopped selling/trading/loaning games at the point when the Gamecube released (other than duplicates I've acquired).

Reiten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Haven't sold anything myself, but my mother sold part of my old PS1 collection. Less annoyed about the fact that the games were sold, but more that they were sold dirt cheap.
Luckily the games that were more valuable(at least to me), were(and still are) in a separate box(one labeled with don't discard).

Last edited by Reiten,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

Deleted member 545975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A cartridge of Lufia & The Fortress of Doom: One day as a child, I picked up a random SNES game on my neighbor's PC to play, from over 3000, and picked that one: I was so hooked up with, I thought to visit my neighbor house's every day and keep playing it: That same day I found out about this game, at night, came home, and got surprised by my father somehow having got the cartridge of that game home by coincidence: It became one of my favorite RPG games, despite seldom knowing English language back then, and recurring to a dictionary while playing for words I didn't knew their meaning.

One day, without warning, that game got swapped by, if I recall correctly, Genghis Khan II: Clan of the Gray Wolf, and other SNES cartridge I don't recall for which game right now.

Megadriver94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I lost my copy of Star Wars Episode III: ROTS for Nintendo DS. Also lost my copy of Super Mario Oddysey, despite searching for it multiple times in my room. :cry:

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I guess I kinda regret selling a bunch of Wii U and 3DS games to fund my Switch purchase. If I had just waited a bit longer I could've bought it without having to lose the games. I had both consoles modded of course but those original boxed Wii U games were so nice.

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had lost metroid fusion and zero mission. Actually, I think I lost a lot of my GBA games when I moved. Pissed me off because GBA games are some of my favs til this day.

Selling games, never regretted. The only game I sold/returned was the super mario collection thing on the switch. Don't regret that at all.

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
my parents sold my batch of gameboy games + gameboy at the fleamarket when i was 16 or 17
primary i regret that they sold them too cheap :P
mostly i miss turrican,
it was so much harder than the c64 version, and it had the shooter levels cut.
but it was a great port
the intro had the turrican guy fall down on the nintendo logo, so that was a neat trick for that time

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: