Hacking Emulator Any plans for Flycast to be updated on Psvita?

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am think about some weeks to spend some money to rinnegatamante, yeah he do bountys. I would give him more money, every month 20 or 30 bucks, because I need more stuff. I think he is the best to do it, he has prove a lot of porting PC games and Emulators. But I think he is very busy and he ports currently so many stuff in the same time, I do not know. For the N64 and Dreamcast emulator, this need time. The N64 emulator for the Wii was taking more than 10 years of coding from all members updating of the comunity that it stands today. So we have to test and try all the stuff from him and put notes on the forum, what ever it is.

this is all what I need and the comunity :

Sega Saturn Emulator - (need it for Enemy Zero and the alternate version of Quake and Powerslave)
Dreamcast Emulator - of course need time (Carrier, Illbleed, D2, The Ring, SOF, UT, QIII)
SIN - PC game Port with music and videos (Quake 2 engine) - must not be perfect coded, but playable
Mortyr 1 - PC game Port with music (Quake 2 engine) - must not be perfect coded, but playable
Unreal 1 - PC game Port with music - must not be perfect coded, but playable
(maybe when time : Soldier of Fortune 2 - used Quake III engine, there is already a RTCW based QIII port / or Blood 2)

Updates needed :
Powerslave Exhumed - music Fix (rinnegatamante had not port the music, its printed in the notes)
Half Life - music Fix, its mostly perfect
N64 - need many Fixes, Donkey Kong and Quake and Quake 2 not working. (Doom & Hexen N64 is working on the Nightly build, but NOT on the other version !)
BTW : I had found some little ways to improve the framerate for the port of rinnegatamante Blood, so maybe he wil fix some stuff later for this one)

This 3 PC games SIN Mortyr and Unreal was sadly never Ported to any console, original or homebrew. I do not need Doom 3 PC Port, because it was original released on the PS3, but the Doom 3 engine is interesting, so we could port Pray. ;) RTCW was a good port, but was original released on PS2. Soldier of Fortune was also released on PS2, but not SOF2. The N64 emulator is still better working on the hacked Wii. With all this ports, the Vita can become the Ultimate porting machine ever. Many dreams open. Maybe rinnegatamante will read it. thanks for reading

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Release : Quake_III_-_Arena_(Sep_18,_2000_prototype).7z (QUAKE III ARENA V0.800 2000.10.10)
Format : GDI
Result : not working, emulator crash !

Release : Quake III Arena US - RDC
Format : CDI

Release : Resident Evil 3 US - RDC
Result : Game starts fine. But tons of texture errors and framerate slow. New the rumble pack on PS3 controller works ! When Jill was jump out the controller was rumble.

Release : Unreal Tournament US - DCRES

Release : Illbleed US - RDC
Result : The game starts fine, tested only first map and there was no texture errors. But unplayable because framerate to slow.
Main menu works perfect with music.

Release : Carrier US - DCRES
Result : The game starts fine, tested only first map and there was no texture errors. But unplayable because framerate to slow.

Release : July JAP - p2p shit
Format : GDI (convert GDI to cue bin track files from uploader)
Result : The game starts fine, framerate very slow and some little texture mistakes. After video 4 the game was crash. So far I remember there was never a scene release in CDI format ? The original GDI release is maybe lost on the internet.

Last edited by peter8,
Reactions: Marc_LFD

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Update Compatible list for testing :
(what is booting and what not)

Release : Zombie Revenge US - RDC
Result : My Gosh, the game will start and I had play the first 5 minutes, there was no texture errors ! The framerate is to slow and is unplayable like the others. But compare to other test titles, I would say it has 15fps, this is great and more like the others. The gameplay is smooth, only framerate problem. Ingame videos also works great. This is the best test copy I had found so far.

Release : Soldier of Fortune US - ECHELON
Result : Game will only start and show the SOF copyright screen. After that it will reboot the image. Unplayable, do not load the main title screen.
The ECHELON version was a heavy rip copy the first working one back in the years, will try out GDI version later.

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Update Compatible list for testing :
(what is booting and what not)

* Memory Card = yes (tested with ECCO)
* Rumble Pack = yes (tested with Resident Evil 3)
* CDI & GDI = yes (tested GDI with Heavy Metal Geomatrix and July)
* Video = yes / real video and ingame (tested with all games)
* Music = yes (ingame music works and cda tracks also works, tested with MKGold)
* Texture errors = some titles have some, other titles no
* Playable = currently nothing is playable
* Booting = ~50% of all games maybe

- All the games that will start, has mostly all the same slowly framerate, even when there are different texture graphics or moddels. It seems its only a performance problem. As we see 50% of the games will work. CDI and GDI has maby no differences for framerate, but CDI is ripped and downsample.

Release : Heavy Metal Geomatrix US - DCRES
Result : The game will start and the intro video works with music. The option menu also works and its possible to check out all the music tracks. When try to go into the Arcade mode or any other mode the game will crash. Unplayable. For the intro video and option menu, there was no texture error. The video was slowdown.

Release : Heavy Metal - Geomatrix v1.001 (2001)(Capcom)(NTSC)(US)[!]
Format : GDI
Result : The same as the CDI version. GDI image works !

Release : Mortal Kombat Gold US ReRelease - DCCM
Result : The game will start, videos will work but slowly. Option menu and gameplay works. There are many texture errors. Music will also work. Framerate is very slow. Unplayable.

Release : ECCO the Dolphin Defender of the Future US - RDC
Result : The option menu will work and the intro video will work, the game for self will crash. It was possible to make a save profile. The intro video is ingame, there was very small texture errors.

Release : Fighting Force 2 EUR - DCP
Result : Here is a other title that have maybe no texture erros. Music is working and ingame videos to. Framerate is to slow, unplayable. The rseult is pretty good.

No Texture errors and game is starting, only need performance update :

Illbleed US - RDC
Carrier US - DCRES
Zombie Revenge US - RDC
Fighting Force 2 EUR - DCP

Texture errors or other errors, but game will start :

Mortal Kombat Gold US ReRelease - DCCM
Resident Evil 3 US - RDC
ECCO the Dolphin Defender of the Future US - RDC
July JAP

Game will not start :

Heavy Metal Geomatrix US - DCRES (only Intro Boot)
Quake III Arena US - RDC
Unreal Tournament US - DCRES
Soldier of Fortune US - ECHELON

Last edited by peter8,

Chris_Dai_Gyakuten_Saiban

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: GaiusSavarin

Chris_Dai_Gyakuten_Saiban

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Still in spite of this progress there are some issues with textures, audio and what not but I believe that as long as Rinnegatamante decides to stay with Flycast and provide more updates we should get something as good as Xdaedulus for the Vita in terms of performance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 2MBs is all you need it's fine lol