ROM Hack Any Xenoblade 2 decensor/restoration mods available or in the works?

moonblood666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've been holding off on playing the game for quite a while now. Reason is that the script was censored heavily and toned down many sexual references and innuendo for younger audiences. So I wonder: If not available as of now, is there any project ongoing to re-translate or rather restore the script changes to the original meaning?

Edit: if no mod is available and not worked on, is there some kind of spreadsheet that has all the censored scenes translated correctly to be read alongside?

Last edited by moonblood666,

eternaldream

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It doesn't seem any sort of textual mods were made for any of the games Nintendo censored, except for a partial retranslation of Tokyo Mirage Sessions (that only retranslated the worst affected lines) and a full one for Fire Emblem Fates that still isn't done yet because some just wouldn't let the project continue (and its thread on its main forum elsewhere is locked, conveniently)

Most times you'll find graphical changes reverted, and sometimes not even that.

Xirix

Trophies
XP
Country
I would love it if someone started a project for this, though it's a big ask, the game is huge, that's a lot to re-translate.

Erxkum

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I would love it if someone started a project for this, though it's a big ask, the game is huge, that's a lot to re-translate.
The problem most of the time isn't the amount of text but the hacking part.

A github with several contributors can speed things up. The know how is the problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Remember to take your meds like AncientBoi.