Homebrew Apparently Nintendo is removing Games off of ROM websites

Status
Not open for further replies.

pandavova

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Archive.org has many, many safety backups (most of them are NTSC-U versions, so if you want different regions, check other sites).

*snip*
Omg, i just googled things with archive.org and i can say just one thing. Our space will be our problem... #No-Intro-Collection

Last edited by porkiewpyne,

Kevbotty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Omg, i just googled things with archive.org and i can say just one thing. Our space will be our problem... #No-Intro-Collection
I just tried that and got things that I don't recognize. I'm not a gaming guru, so I don't know what is able to let me download and play roms. *snip*

Last edited by porkiewpyne,

YamiHoshi.nl

I'm MKGirlism.
Trophies
Website
www.dshack.org
XP
Country
I personally hate piracy a lot, but I also think this development is rather concerning.
I mean, over at our community, we host full ROM hacks as .nds files also, so I really hope Nintendo doesn't mind customised ROMs (even though their policies prohibit it even harder).

Moreover, all key Nintendo departments already know of our existence for years.

Reactions: nitroBW

Mansize

GBATemp Hardware
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Time to more seriously back-up GoodSNES, GoodNES, GoodGBx, GoodGBA and the massive DS archives, I guess. Ninty... why are you so slow with releasing VC games, I wonder. Like SNES on the 3DS, really. You'd expect them to have shat them out at record breaking speeds and us to have a giant library available to us by now. But no. Only about 30 games in about 20 franchises. If they don't do it, we will ourselves. ROM injection and RetroArch emulation are a godsend.

What is the strategy here in taking stuff down? Are they targetting only stuff that they are actually selling right now in VC form? Seems like it. For example, Balloon Kid (GB) and Mario is Missing (SNES lol) are affected, while those are games you'd never believe anyone would even care about over at Nintendo or customers would even buy. However, Tetris (GB), about the only game that got delisted from VC ever for no reason in particular (probably copyright infringement of some sorts on Nintendo's part), is unaffected. They are probably trying to get a message across to pirates with this "u pirates go launch a Russian rocket with blocks". -_-.

Last edited by Mansize,
Reactions: pandavova

Mansize

GBATemp Hardware
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh, some messages got removed, good, but I think this whole thread can get closed.
It just invites for piracy(talk) and rant on the company idk

What Nintendo is doing though could be an indication of what they are planning with the VC. Let us just stop the piracy talk and focus on that?

ETA: I think it is really logical Nintendo tries to protect their ip. They are doing this rightfully so, I think. Them is the breaks.

Last edited by Mansize,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What Nintendo is doing though could be an indication of what they are planning with the VC. Let us just stop the piracy talk and focus on that?
The same time they did this they removed the Pokemon gsc with link patches from that iso site they got rid of them on the mega links.

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ETA: I think it is really logical Nintendo tries to protect their ip. They are doing this rightfully so, I think. Them is the breaks.

Well, maybe theyŕe planning to make a bad emulator with loads input lag again like on the Wii U? Well I hope not. Hope they learned anyway ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: yucky times. :sad: