Apple Announces iPhone Event for October 4th

Do you think it's going to be better ?

• It will be great, like every Apple product.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It will suck, Apple just improves a few things on their products.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

some1ne

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Screen-Shot-2011-09-27-at-5.08.png

Apple has officially announced its next iPhone event to take place on October 4th. The Loop reports that Apple has sent out invites saying that the event will be held on October 4th at Apple’s Cupertino headquarters campus, as was previously reported.

The message simply says: “Let’s talk iPhone.“

The event will be held at 10:00 am PT.

Apple is expected to unveil a new iPhone will significant spec upgrades and the secret iOS 5 feature called “Assistant.” It’s also rumored that Apple will introduce a cheaper iPhone 4 or a 3G-capable iPod touch.

It is speculated that the (1) badge, on the phone app icon, indicates that Apple will only release one new model.[/p]

iPhone 5 in the way!​

icon11.gif
Via
icon11.gif
Source

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
IMO who cares? It'll be just the same as the previous however many iPhones there have been but with a bit more RAM, cpu, cameras, gimmicks etc.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wizerzak said:
IMO who cares? It'll be just the same as the previous however many iPhones there have been but with a bit more RAM, cpu, cameras, gimmicks etc.
Still interesting to find out the final specs though.

Plus, it'll answer some questions regarding things some people may say about it in comparison to other phones (i.e. whether or not the specs are higher than some other phones already out).

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Wizerzak said:
QUOTE(Valwin @ Sep 27 2011, 05:30 PM) love how dumb people are and keep buying the same phone every time
I can't believe I'm saying this but... this is how tech works. The only difference is that Apple discontinue the old product as soon as the new one comes out, and they always keep the same product name. You buy a phone today and nextyear there's gonna be one near identical with more ram and more CPU power in a new case, oh maybe a better screen as well. It may well be running the same OS version as yours from release as well (Android 2.3).

I feel so dirty now....

Also YAY! NEW IPHONE I WON'T BUY!
biggrin.gif
Though maybe the iPhone 3GSes I've been looking at on eBay will drop in price.

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
iFish said:
I was proven wrong.
sad.gif

I didn't think this would happen

This is why it's never good to be so negative of the rumors!
wink.gif
Imagine how right you could've been.

I had a gut feeling it'd land in October. It'll be fun to see all my classmates racing to buy a new iPhone *AGAIN*. Really, they're so uncareful with them, if I was a crook, I'd own about 4 iPhones by now
rofl.gif

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I always like to see rumors to be wrong. I never ever believe any Apple-related rumors.

But even if I did believe, not like it would matter.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Valwin said:
love how dumb people are and keep buying the same phone every time

I know...

This guy from work was telling me how he's getting the iPhone 5 day one... I asked him why and he said he doesn't know yet because they haven't announced anything about it.........

People are ridiculous.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ProtoKun7 said:
Wizerzak said:
Still interesting to find out the final specs though.

Plus, it'll answer some questions regarding things some people may say about it in comparison to other phones (i.e. whether or not the specs are higher than some other phones already out).
2. I just want to see it and laugh at the prizes. Still looking forward to the announcement.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
awssk8er said:
Valwin said:
love how dumb people are and keep buying the same phone every time

I know...

This guy from work was telling me how he's getting the iPhone 5 day one... I asked him why and he said he doesn't know yet because they haven't announced anything about it.........

People are ridiculous.

People like your Consumer whore co-worker is the reason why Apple will be on top for a long time to come.

Me on the other hand? I'll be happy upgrading my Android phone every two years and have better specs than any iPhone from day one.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Awesome. This will decide if I'll continue on the Apple route, or switch over to Android.

Android phones might have better specs, but iOS is lovely and works as it should. The amount of apps is also staggering.

And there are people out there who actually care about design, too
tongue.gif

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
so here's another iPhone that pretty much renders the other ones obsolete... only in Merrka will you find this insatiable need for newer, shinier things.

I do believe Steve Jobs is possessed by Horkus/Orcus, if not the demon itself.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wizerzak said:

Agreed. I honestly couldn't care less; it's going to be another money grubbing device that people buy in droves anyway.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gahars said:
Wizerzak said:

Agreed. I honestly couldn't care less; it's going to be another money grubbing device that people buy in droves anyway.
If you couldn't care less about the iPhone or anything Apple. Why did you come into the thread? Clearly you do care. Or you just came to say dumb things.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL