Status
Not open for further replies.

vonovon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
anybody else having problems with running libnxtobin.py? i already have the requirements(python, mmh3 etc). when im running the script, it doesnt actually do anything.

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've tried the new file with 1.1 and didn't have the weird glitch on the title intro. Haven't tested more to see if it holds up everywhere but the gameplay looks fine with the res config working.
My tester also didn't complain, that's why I have uploaded new patch.

Astrologia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone got a good Docked config going, especially for areas after Chapter 2? It's a bit tricky to keep fps stable, which is more or less my goal

Armos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anybody else having problems with running libnxtobin.py? i already have the requirements(python, mmh3 etc). when im running the script, it doesnt actually do anything.
I had that problem too, originally. Fixed it by installing the latest MSVC 14 (or higher) build, python 3.10 even though I already had some version of python installed which I thought was latest, as well as having it "pip3 install mmh3" again after all that. Only then did the .py file actually do what it was supposed to.

As to the specifics of getting the correct Microsoft Visual C++... try this place: https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/visual-cpp-build-tools/

Then look at this guide: https://exerror.com/error-microsoft-visual-c-14-0-or-greater-is-required/

In the above guide, pay attention specifically to "Solution 1" and how they tell you to install "Desktop Development with C++"

After that, like I said, make sure to install python version mentioned in the OP, specifically that one which should be the latest. Then use admin privileged Power Shell to " pip3 install mmh3 ", without any quotations. If there are any errors, you may be missing something.

Reactions: vonovon

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had that problem too, originally. Fixed it by installing the latest MSVC 14 (or higher) build, python 3.10 even though I already had some version of python installed which I thought was latest, as well as having it "pip3 install mmh3" again after all that. Only then did the .py file actually do what it was supposed to.

As to the specifics of getting the correct Microsoft Visual C++... try this place: https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/visual-cpp-build-tools/

Then look at this guide: https://exerror.com/error-microsoft-visual-c-14-0-or-greater-is-required/

In the above guide, pay attention specifically to "Solution 1" and how they tell you to install "Desktop Development with C++"

After that, like I said, make sure to install python version mentioned in the OP, specifically that one which should be the latest. Then use admin privileged Power Shell to " pip3 install mmh3 ", without any quotations. If there are any errors, you may be missing something.
all you need is msvc 2015 and the exact version of your windows sdk

Astrologia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive said it 100000000000 times now but ram overclock. it makes a huge difference
Yeah, I took your advice and what else I've been seeing in this thread. Some places post Chapter 2 are really intensive when you've got 7 party members and a backdrop in battle. I'll keep playing around with it. Thanks for the response though.

vonovon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

im in the process of doing a clean install of python 3.10.5 now. apparently i have another installed which is an older version. i think its messing up the process

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I took your advice and what else I've been seeing in this thread. Some places post Chapter 2 are really intensive when you've got 7 party members and a backdrop in battle. I'll keep playing around with it. Thanks for the response though.
I mean I don't have this issue at all. I have AA off, TMAA off, all forms of blur off, and resolution set to 1.0 (as stated before if resolution is set higher you will see "glares" which apparently nobody else has noticed) currently I have my overclock set to 1020/768/1862 and never dip under 30FPS

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

all you need is msvc 2015 and the exact version of your windows sdk
All you need is "wheel" mentioned in first post.
You are making this more complicated than necessary.

vonovon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
All you need is "wheel" mentioned in first post.
You are making this more complicated than necessary.
this is what im getting now

Attachments

• pip.png
    pip.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 33

Astrologia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean I don't have this issue at all. I have AA off, TMAA off, all forms of blur off, and resolution set to 1.0 (as stated before if resolution is set higher you will see "glares" which apparently nobody else has noticed) currently I have my overclock set to 1020/768/1862 and never dip under 30FPS
Very perceptive, because I haven't noticed it either. Thanks again, I'm probably missing something simple.

vonovon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
as stated you need msvc 2015 and even after you get that you will still get errors that require the windows sdk kit
yep im on it now. when i downloaded msvc 2015 then tried to install it. it seems i already have a similar installation to that.

vonovon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
It still doesn't try to use wheel.
Dunno what you are doing wrong.
mmh3 for newest Python contains wheel package and it worked for me without issues.
View attachment 319796
note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip.
ERROR: Failed building wheel for mmh3
Running setup.py clean for mmh3
Failed to build mmh3
Installing collected packages: mmh3
Running setup.py install for mmh3 ... error
error: subprocess-exited-with-error

im already using the latest python

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://overclock3d.net/news/cases_cooling/cooler-master-had-multi-coloured-ai-cryofuze-5-thermal... +1