Gaming Are the PGD files of the psp isos editable?

Gabriel80809

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello Minna-San
Guys, I recently made some changes to the Naruto Shippuden iso Ultimate Ninja Impact, we extracted the compressed files in PGP (PGD) I unzipped the file, inside there were some songs from the game, I edited it, and put it back in the iso without affecting anything, just I changed the files that contain the same size, made the song convert to and with a hex editor just pasted over the original

And when testing the iso on ppsspp, well, I couldn't play the song, I don't know why and I would like someone with more knowledge, to tell me what the mistake was, and if it is possible to edit an uncompressed PGD file and reset it in iso ! thank you i look forward to your reply !!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Editing compressed files is often a tricky affair.

The way compression works is you get part of the file and it acts as a reference for later in the file (you say go back 200 bytes and read 50 bytes, or more like "200,50" then that is less space than the original 50 bytes). You come along with your hex editor and edit something and this chain of references gets broken.
Now for an archive this might not be a problem as a lot will go file by file (saves having to scan 50 megs of file to extract what you want -- if you ever compressed an entire ROM set into a 7zip file and then tried to fish just one game out and have it take ages, possibly to the point where you decide to download it again, then this is that).

Even if not then the compression might have varied, or if you say you swapped around another song from elsewhere then elsewhere might have used different settings.

Basically until you know otherwise assume you will have to decompress the entire files, unpack all the files, edit as you will and then either recompress or figure out a way to have the game accept uncompressed files.

Gabriel80809

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Editing compressed files is often a tricky affair.

The way compression works is you get part of the file and it acts as a reference for later in the file (you say go back 200 bytes and read 50 bytes, or more like "200,50" then that is less space than the original 50 bytes). You come along with your hex editor and edit something and this chain of references gets broken.
Now for an archive this might not be a problem as a lot will go file by file (saves having to scan 50 megs of file to extract what you want -- if you ever compressed an entire ROM set into a 7zip file and then tried to fish just one game out and have it take ages, possibly to the point where you decide to download it again, then this is that).

Even if not then the compression might have varied, or if you say you swapped around another song from elsewhere then elsewhere might have used different settings.

Basically until you know otherwise assume you will have to decompress the entire files, unpack all the files, edit as you will and then either recompress or figure out a way to have the game accept uncompressed files.
The Naruto Impact iso accepts the unzipped file normally, the iso runs right without errors I unzipped and put it back, but when I change a song for another song the iso basically does not run! even I compacting again !! I go where I can see the music in the iso there when the music is about to start the iso freezes it is loading as if it were in an infinite loop

Arthurfogo7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The Naruto Impact iso accepts the unzipped file normally, the iso runs right without errors I unzipped and put it back, but when I change a song for another song the iso basically does not run! even I compacting again !! I go where I can see the music in the iso there when the music is about to start the iso freezes it is loading as if it were in an infinite loop

How did you extract the .pgd files? I extracted the .iso and there were some .bin files inside, I think they were .pgd, but I have no idea how to extract them

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la