'Assassin’s Creed Mirage' to get support for OWO Haptic Gaming System for physical feedback

Screenshot_2023-07-13-18-30-55-657_com.microsoft.office.outlook.png

Today, Ubisoft has announced its partnership with OWO to make its games compatible's with OWO's haptic vest, the Haptic Gaming System, starting with Assassin’s Creed Mirage. Compatible with the PC and console versions of the game, the accessory is said to provide different physical sensations to match in-game events such as impacts and parkour.

“By leveraging OWO’s groundbreaking technologies and expertise, we are able to immerse players in the world, sounds and sensations of Assassin’s Creed Mirage in an innovative and enhanced way. We can’t wait for our players to discover and enjoy the coming-of-age story of Basim with the power of OWO”, Fabian Salomon, Lead Producer at Ubisoft Bordeaux.

While the Assassin’s Creed Mirage version of the vest is said to be coming soon, there is no price tag officially announced, but the existing model of the accessory costs €500, including shipping with a wait time of 3 months.

SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gimmick or not, I love seeing these kinds of accessories today. Reminds me of the early 2000s when they were doing everything they could think of to make games all that more immersive. Didn't always work of course, but just seeing the industry try to push forward in unique new ways was exciting. And now, outside of VR and AR, you don't really see much of that kind of stuff anymore.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Today, Ubisoft has announced its partnership with OWO to make its games compatible's with OWO's haptic vest, the Haptic Gaming System, starting with Assassin’s Creed Mirage. Compatible with the PC and console versions of the game, the accessory is said to provide different physical sensations to match in-game events such as impacts and parkour.

“By leveraging OWO’s groundbreaking technologies and expertise, we are able to immerse players in the world, sounds and sensations of Assassin’s Creed Mirage in an innovative and enhanced way. We can’t wait for our players to discover and enjoy the coming-of-age story of Basim with the power of OWO”, Fabian Salomon, Lead Producer at Ubisoft Bordeaux.

While the Assassin’s Creed Mirage version of the vest is said to be coming soon, there is no price tag officially announced, but the existing model of the accessory costs €500, including shipping with a wait time of 3 months.

SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox
Alright... Who the fuck decided to name it that?

Reactions: dudeguy2022

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
For people with disabilities, this paired with a VR headset could give them the Sense of "being there", like if they were climbing, walking through a crowded space, etc.

These days, VR allowed a person "to go" to a QotSA concert, even meeting the band, while a person walked around the venue with a camera on her back. He was using a VR headset, and even "went on stage".

Yeah, this can be a good tool, giving some people feelings they can't get otherwise.

Reactions: CoolMe and osaka35

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always enjoy things like this. Gaming is about having a fun experience. so as long as it's done fun and isn't a pile of hot garbage, i'm all on board.

woot woot bring the sensation of falling from 10 floors up!

...wait
I imagine most of the support will be in mods for existing games, that's kinda how support for these haptic devices goes.

There's the shockwave suit...

I'm an intense weeabo, but I despise the vtuber look and feel. I literally have a gag reflex for how deep in the creepy valley it is, that choppy, creepy, 3d graphics are the literal worst.

But! the rest seems great. Combined with that realistic grabbing things vr gloves, and we might have an actual VR revolution when these things mature to low pricing.

Reactions: Vorde

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Am I the only person who's been wondering why this kind of tech has taken so long?
Personally speaking, I think the immersion added by it to things like VR would be really awesome. Not mandatory but a very big impact when it comes to the environment and atmosphere a game can provide.
Price is high but that will always be the case for niche products and the hopefullness of it being well built.

Reactions: CoolMe

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I remember seeing similar vests as a kid at the mall and thinking "ooh that's the future of gaming!" Then, years later, I got to play one of the MechWarrior games from a hydraulic cockpit in that same mall and I was like, "yeah...disregard the previous thought."

Last edited by Xzi,

N10A

Her stare burns...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But! the rest seems great. Combined with that realistic grabbing things vr gloves, and we might have an actual VR revolution when these things mature to low pricing.
the suit with just haptics is less than $300, I don't see it getting too much cheaper than that.
I understand what you mean with vtubers, for me it's the way they move side to side, the model looks funny, and everything looks floaty, but this kind of thing is mostly designed for vrchat, not vtubing.

Reactions: osaka35

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I had an experience with a similar accessory in one of those niche gaming gatherings in my country. It was still in an experimental state, but it was really cool.
Although I'd rather not sense the feeling of falling down from a tower, so uh....hard pass?

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I imagine most of the support will be in mods for existing games, that's kinda how support for these haptic devices goes.

There's the shockwave suit...

I get ready player one vibes with that suit
Post automatically merged:

Imagine the hentai games.....
thats why we need cleanable haptic underwear

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Z like Sunday morning