Atmosphère 0.8.8 released, now compatible with firmware 8.0.0

atmosphere-png.162000

We've seen it time and time again: an OFW update drops by, CFW gets broken, the devs start working and everything gets fixed eventually. However, looks like this time it's sooner rather than later for the Switch scene, as Atmosphère 0.8.8 has just been released thanks to the efforts of @SciresM and his team!

The key feature this time around is, of course, firmware 8.0.0 support, which was released by Nintendo earlier this month. While it's still recommended for patched units to avoid updating, as the new OFW fully fixed the vulnerabilities used by the upcoming dejà vu exploit chain, unpatched units can now install it and enjoy CFW safely. Some bugfixes are also included, as well as custom exception handlers for Stratosphère modules.

One last important detail to keep in mind is that fusee-primary was updated with this version: you'll need to update it in case you're using it, otherwise Atmosphère may not boot properly.

As usual, you can find the full changelog below:
0.8.8 is Atmosphère's fifteenth official release.

fusee-primary was last updated in: 0.8.8.

With thanks to the @switchbrew team, Atmosphère 0.8.8 is bundled with hbl 2.1, and hbmenu 3.0.1.

The following was changed since the last release:

• Support was added for firmware version 8.0.0.
  • Custom exception handlers were added to stratosphere modules.
    • If a crash happens in a core atmosphere module now, instead of silently failing a reboot will occur to log the information to the SD card.
  • A bug was fixed in creport that caused games to hang when crashing under certain circumstances.
  • A bug was fixed that prevented maintenance mode from booting on 7.0.0+.
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.
For information on the featureset supported by 0.8.0, please see the official release notes.

UPDATE: A hotfix was released for people having issues with the CFW.

:arrow: Source
:arrow: GBAtemp thread

Last edited by RattletraPM,

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now smash works apparently reinstalling update actually did the trick but this time around when I installed it, I didn’t use usb install, I installed using my sd card, I’m happy I was able to use nxmpt to put my file in my sd card.
Going to attempt doing this to an aca game now, got to see if I can get elevator action to work, that game never worked for me, I’ll post an update on that as soon as I test it.
Edit
Elevator action did not work.

Last edited by fst312,
Reactions: xenon

xenon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Now smash works apparently reinstalling update actually did the trick but this time around when I installed it, I didn’t use usb install, I installed using my sd card, I’m happy I was able to use nxmpt to put my file in my sd card.
Going to attempt doing this to an aca game now, got to see if I can get elevator action to work, that game never worked for me, I’ll post an update on that as soon as I test it.
Edit
Yes, I did have the same exact error. Interesting that you fixed Smash by replacing an update. Of course not all ACA games have updates, but now, since they clearly share a common codebase and framework, I am wondering whether their updates affect the whole ACA platform. Two things I am sure of: I could run at least certain ACA games a while ago and I now can't even run games I never installed before (meaning they have no history of tickets, updates etc on my device).

xenon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Edit
I eventually found out it was Incognito causing my issues. Undoing what it does made those games work. I had never tried before, but Elevator Action also works. So if you're using Incognito, maybe try what I did and see if it makes a difference for you, too.

I just found out that 90DNS also breaks those games.

Last edited by xenon,
Reactions: fst312

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I eventually found out it was Incognito causing my issues. Undoing what it does made those games work. I had never tried before, but Elevator Action also works. So if you're using Incognito, maybe try what I did and see if it makes a difference for you, too.

I just found out that 90DNS also breaks those games.

Ok than in my case it might be 90dns. Never used incognito.

Reactions: xenon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch