Nintendo Switch firmware 16.0.2 released, Atmosphere 1.5.2 update available which adds USB file transfer

banner.png

With every new Nintendo Switch firmware comes the promise of greater stability and enhanced user experience than one could ever imagine. That's the case with the latest update for the Switch, bringing it to OFW 16.0.2, released today. SciresM quickly wheeled out a new version of Atmosphere CFW to match it, but this update features something more interesting than just stability to match Nintendo's. Atmosphere 1.5.2 adds in a new homebrew called Haze, which lets you perform USB file transfer, giving you access to your console's SD card on your computer without ever having to remove it. You can grab the latest version on GitHub, linked here.

:arrow: Source

hebeonline

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi, I would like to know where to drop your games (nsp)
when using USB File transfer V1.0 (from Atmosphere)

Previously i use DBI> "Run MTP responder", and "drop" the file into the Switch > 5:MicroSD install folder
The game will be copied and install on my Switch

This folder is not appearing when i use "USB File transfer"
Untitled.png

Last edited by hebeonline,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

Previously i use DBI> "Run MTP responder", and "drop" the file into the Switch > 5:MicroSD install folder

This folder is not appearing when i use "USB File transfer"View attachment 382143
You are mixing two different topics.

Normally you need an "installer" homebrew to be able to install NSP, NSZ, XCI files.

The USB File Transfer homebrew included on the latest Atmosphère is a basic MTP server, only works like a MTP device.

DBI's MTP responser adds the installations functions but as a plus to DBI, MTP by self DO NOT have installation option.

In summary:
DBI is an installer which offer several ways to send the file from a PC, Direct USB, Nework, FTP Server, MTP Responder, etc.
USB File Transfer is only a MTP Server for the switch console.

Reactions: JeepX87

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This folder is not appearing when i use "USB File transfer"View attachment 382143
You can transfer the file just fine. It will be sitting on your SD waiting for you to do something with it. You were told it's file transfer right?

Last edited by TomSwitch,

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are mixing two different topics.

Normally you need an "installer" homebrew to be able to install NSP, NSZ, XCI files.

The USB File Transfer homebrew included on the latest Atmosphère is a basic MTP server, only works like a MTP device.

DBI's MTP responser adds the installations functions but as a plus to DBI, MTP by self DO NOT have installation option.

In summary:
DBI is an installer which offer several ways to send the file from a PC, Direct USB, Nework, FTP Server, MTP Responder, etc.
USB File Transfer is only a MTP Server for the switch console.
and Atmosphere developer doesn't want to associate with piracy and it is one reason that they only included a basic MTP server.

Reactions: impeeza

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to be having some issues trying to update my Switch Atmos 1.6.2 to the latest build or maybe its a bad dump of Super Mario Bros. Wonders maybe a dodgy xci to nsp conversion tho its source did claim it to be eshop version. MGS1/2/3 and Super Mario RPG run fine, just Super Mario Bros. Wonders wont boot.

When I check my system settings it says my system is on 15.0.1|AMS 1.5.4|S

Its a good job that I have attempted this update first on my switch (using sx os dongle) first, I've yet to try update my mrs' switch that has the mariko sx os chip, though saying that since the last Atmos update I did (identically same way as I did for my switch) it seems to take my mrs' switch console a very long time to boot up to the switch home screen after selecting the fuse payload.

Usually all id do is use Switch AIO Update to download latest Atmos, but after that said it had an update for the AIO Updater App the section to download latest Atmos seems to have dissapeared.

So this time for starters on my console I downloaded Armos 1.6.2 and its fusee.bin from the GitHub repo.

I am just creating an entire backup of my mrs' switch SD card just in case trying the same update I have just done messes up, but out of the recent 3 games I have even bothered to grab for the switch since a VERY VERY LONG TIME, Super Mario Bros. Wonders is the one my mrs wants to play, Mario RPG is for the kids (on my console) and MGS just for me to see how bad the switch version is vs the "pc"

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to be having some issues trying to update my Switch Atmos 1.6.2 to the latest build or maybe its a bad dump of Super Mario Bros. Wonders maybe a dodgy xci to nsp conversion tho its source did claim it to be eshop version. MGS1/2/3 and Super Mario RPG run fine, just Super Mario Bros. Wonders wont boot.

When I check my system settings it says my system is on 15.0.1|AMS 1.5.4|S

Its a good job that I have attempted this update first on my switch (using sx os dongle) first, I've yet to try update my mrs' switch that has the mariko sx os chip, though saying that since the last Atmos update I did (identically same way as I did for my switch) it seems to take my mrs' switch console a very long time to boot up to the switch home screen after selecting the fuse payload.

Usually all id do is use Switch AIO Update to download latest Atmos, but after that said it had an update for the AIO Updater App the section to download latest Atmos seems to have dissapeared.

So this time for starters on my console I downloaded Armos 1.6.2 and its fusee.bin from the GitHub repo.

I am just creating an entire backup of my mrs' switch SD card just in case trying the same update I have just done messes up, but out of the recent 3 games I have even bothered to grab for the switch since a VERY VERY LONG TIME, Super Mario Bros. Wonders is the one my mrs wants to play, Mario RPG is for the kids (on my console) and MGS just for me to see how bad the switch version is vs the "pc"
Pay some money to Nintendo or go read up on how to do CFW instead of using AIO.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pay some money to Nintendo or go read up on how to do CFW instead of using AIO.
wow i guess feedback turns one into a troll, your scanning for my posts that day ehh over my same feedback on breeze made far more leg work than needed.

whats paying nintendo or an AIO updater to do with anything Tom me we lass, as it turns it had nothing to do with the AIO and ended up been a diff issue.

nice to see your tunnel vision affect you outside of the post your upset about and troll into other posts i did that time, ahh well, i sorted the problem.

I know you hate feedback, it clearly offends you, so ill save time as we all know its pointless, id say i mean no offence when giving the feedback, but i guess offence was taken, poor ole tom tut tut tut all this offence over a app that will soon be deader than dead and be water off a ducks back and see new tools on newer consoles not as complicated as this, so its a one off thing to not beef over LOL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, i heard fallout 4 is shit but i think that was when it released