Nintendo Switch firmware 16.0.2 released, Atmosphere 1.5.2 update available which adds USB file transfer

banner.png

With every new Nintendo Switch firmware comes the promise of greater stability and enhanced user experience than one could ever imagine. That's the case with the latest update for the Switch, bringing it to OFW 16.0.2, released today. SciresM quickly wheeled out a new version of Atmosphere CFW to match it, but this update features something more interesting than just stability to match Nintendo's. Atmosphere 1.5.2 adds in a new homebrew called Haze, which lets you perform USB file transfer, giving you access to your console's SD card on your computer without ever having to remove it. You can grab the latest version on GitHub, linked here.

:arrow: Source

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using Awoo with fw 16.0.2 and Atmosphere 1.5.2?
I'm trying to install by usb but it fails everytime :/
I have installed latest sigpatches.
Yessir. Awoo 1.3.5, I believe. Latest hekate 6.03, latest fusee.bin, Atmosphere 1.5.2.

I am using the desktop application, though, not the .jar file. I don't know if that makes a difference for you.

The cord is critical for this to work. You should use the original Nintendo USB-C, if you can. I am using the one from my Turtle Beach headphones, and that works, too.

Also, try not queuing up more than just a few files at a time. The only time it crashes or fails on me is if I try to multi-install a bunch of games at once.

braska

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It fails also with only one game in queue 😅 i tried with tinfoil too but same result, if i install by sd instead, games works fine 😕

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It fails also with only one game in queue 😅 i tried with tinfoil too but same result, if i install by sd instead, games works fine 😕
I had the same issue with my first Switch. It just didn't like new games being installed, even with all the latest patches and firmware updates.

I simply formatted and started again. It's not even worth it in the long run to deal with a glitchy system that won't work with the newer stuff coming out. It will suck, but believe me, the lack of headache in the future is worth it.

Nothing installs faster than the NX-USB Loader, for me, and I have modded four Switches with hundreds of games. It takes forever to copy a game to the microSD, boot it up, install it, delete it, test it, then rinse and repeat. Plus, you need double the space of the file you are installing, so if you are running low on space, it forces you to very carefully choose the order you install games in.

Save yourself the headache. Back everything up and start over fresh.

Reactions: IssMare

braska

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've just done this 😅 my switch was stuck with an error message at sysNAND and emuNAND startup so i had to restore everything starting from a nand backup. So i've formatted sd, installed Atmosphere, updated Fw, and installed homebrews, all starting by zero 😅

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just done this 😅 my switch was stuck with an error message at sysNAND and emuNAND startup so i had to restore everything starting from a nand backup. So i've formatted sd, installed Atmosphere, updated Fw, and installed homebrews, all starting by zero 😅
I wonder if you changed anything when you restored from your NAND backup. Did you go from FAT32 to NTFS or vice versa? Any changes to the partition size when you created the new emuNAND?

Things get really funky when you try to restore. If you continue to run into issues like this, honestly, you should just back up all of your Switch games using a dumping utility, get a decent save file manager to restore all of your saves, and just take a weekend day to start from ground zero. Install all the games fresh from a back-to-stock system.

If you don't do that, you will constantly be running into issues like this. I had the same problem. I do not have that problem anymore.

braska

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I wonder if you changed anything when you restored from your NAND backup. Did you go from FAT32 to NTFS or vice versa? Any changes to the partition size when you created the new emuNAND?

Things get really funky when you try to restore. If you continue to run into issues like this, honestly, you should just back up all of your Switch games using a dumping utility, get a decent save file manager to restore all of your saves, and just take a weekend day to start from ground zero. Install all the games fresh from a back-to-stock system.

If you don't do that, you will constantly be running into issues like this. I had the same problem. I do not have that problem anymore.
Mh maybe i've found the culprit. I noticed that the problem comes when i add the new theatrhythm final fantasy in the queue, the other games instead works fine 😅

Reactions: WalterSlovotsky

braska

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've tried using DBI to install the "culprit" game (theatrhythm ff) and It works great, i think that the problem in my case Is awoo!

However DBI is a long better, simpler and faster (it seems to be). I think i'll use It to install by USB since now.

neko_koneko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

With every new Nintendo Switch firmware comes the promise of greater stability and enhanced user experience than one could ever imagine. That's the case with the latest update for the Switch, bringing it to OFW 16.0.2, released today. SciresM quickly wheeled out a new version of Atmosphere CFW to match it, but this update features something more interesting than just stability to match Nintendo's. Atmosphere 1.5.2 adds in a new homebrew called Haze, which lets you perform USB file transfer, giving you access to your console's SD card on your computer without ever having to remove it. You can grab the latest version on GitHub, linked here.

:arrow: Source

So is it safe to update Nintendo's OFW and Atmosphere to 1.5.2 as well? Havw there ben any issues?

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally, it is nice to see about USB transfer support and I don't have to turn Switch off to pull SD out, and put SD in, repeat...

Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Finally, it is nice to see about USB transfer support and I don't have to turn Switch off to pull SD out, and put SD in, repeat...
You din't need to remove the sd before, only reboot to Hekate. Today you only need to run Haze from HBL and have a MTP device at full speed
Post automatically merged:

So is it safe to update Nintendo's OFW and Atmosphere to 1.5.2 as well? Havw there ben any issues?
As always, you only need to update If you have a game which needs it.

As today almost all issues of homebrew are solved, remember to remove any theme, then update Atmosphère, Hekate and sigpatches BEFORE update firmware. Also remember to update ALL your sysmodule and homebrew

Last edited by impeeza,
Reactions: BigOnYa

bimbomiky

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys have one problem i stay at 16.0.1 when try upload at 16.0.2 ...tell me lost file 16.0.0 ! Why ? What I do ?thx for reply

AlanLC

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I bought a new pair of JoyCon, especially the Right JoyCon keeps disconnecting from the Switch in the Dock, I initially thought the joycons were faulty but the problems do not happen on the SysNand, on the emunand FW15 or SXOS with old FW.

DoubleR85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
Would anybody know why I can't launch the Homebrew app on my switch? This is something so simple yet I cant get it to work. Basically long story short I updated my switch by accident to 16.0.2 and went through the whole process to get everything working (Atmosphere, SigP, etc). Now the only thing I have issues with is getting the Homebrew App to open at all. I have tried downloading the latest NRO file from various sources and still no luck. Any ideas?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hello,
Would anybody know why I can't launch the Homebrew app on my switch? This is something so simple yet I cant get it to work. Basically long story short I updated my switch by accident to 16.0.2 and went through the whole process to get everything working (Atmosphere, SigP, etc). Now the only thing I have issues with is getting the Homebrew App to open at all. I have tried downloading the latest NRO file from various sources and still no luck. Any ideas?
press and keep pressing the R button on you control until you load any application, even the media album.

Vegito2121

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed the new Atmosphere version and then the new firmware update and now this happens if I try booting into CFW. Booting normally works fine but I can't use CFW.

Attachments

• 20230502_211425.jpg
    20230502_211425.jpg
    485.8 KB · Views: 52

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
you didn't remove your theme files, remove the folders:

\atmosphere\contents\0100000000001000
\atmosphere\contents\0100000000001007
\atmosphere\contents\0100000000001013

from your sd card and reboot the console. then reinstall your themes using nxthemesinstaller.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?