Not open for further replies.

kiczek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tempest Stormwind

Why do u lock ur news topics on the main page ? afraid of comments ?
you do know that your news posts are lame don't you ?
u deserve getting flamed for the amount of stupidity in them OOOHHH new demos == BS

do you really think people who pirate GBA games care about PC GAME demos ?

put out some real news like umm

The_Sims2_AlcoholClone-CLONEGAME.
Burnout_3_USA_XBOXDVD-USA
Silent_Hill_4-USA-XBOX-RETAIL-DAGGER

u'll prolly ban me for posting my opinions bc it seems to happen to just about everyone.

Discussing my opinion should not get me banned! vote on it. I bet you no one cares tell us whats new in GBA or shut up.
-kiczek

dickhead

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
aren't retail gba cartridge images, otherwise known as in the warez scene as roms, what this very site tracks?

and please, don't mention my dickhead again...

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
and please, don't mention my dickhead again...
laugh.gif
sorry about the dickhead there...

Luse

Now with more MOOSE!!!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
aren't retail gba cartridge images, otherwise known as in the warez scene as roms, what this very site tracks?
You have a valid point dickhead, the thing is though this place is called GBAtemp, not WAREZtemp.

One thing you guys don't seem to be thinking here is that just about anyone knows that if the Rom is on GBAtemp's front page, that means you can get on the Channel to get said rom, keeping the site legal, and the channel going, so unless #gbatemp is going to turn into a place where you can get every rom for any system putting anything but GBA roms listings on the front page is useless.

I don't see the big deal with PC demo's being in Jumpman's news, after all you are all using a computer to access and post here, it's one of those things we all have in common, other then being gamers and or GBA owners...

The thing here is if you think this is so bad, you need to really get off your asses and do the work required to list what ever you want to see on the front page. Jumpman's been doing his news gathering for a long time now, it's only on the front page as far as I can tell because there are fewer releases. No offence to Jumpman intended but his news should stay in off topic and not be on the front page.

Something that doesn't need to be done however is catering to what speechless calls the core audience, as the core audience never posts, they find out what's out and get there roms with out a word, they are going nowhere, they are not here to begin with.

If you want to clutter the site with useless trainers and saves etc then do it, but really that's catering to people who can't play games in the first place, and shouldn't be on the front page...

Instead why don't you just create an additional forum to the site dedicated to trainers and saves? It's alot easier and the members who care can take part in it, just like anything else it's a bonus not the meat and potatoes of what this site has been...

The front page should only be used for GBA releases and important board related issues, and every once in a while for a contest or the GBAtemp awards that is still board related...

The only three words all you staff members and ops should worry about are…

Organization

Teamwork

GBA

I’d also say unban speechless, as well as any other op that’s been banned, have a staff meeting and fix these petty issues once and for all, this stupid IRC versus Forum drama should have come to a close when I resigned damn it.

Then again nothing I just said matters since I wasn't here from Day one, so ignore it all and keep fighting amongst each other instead of trying to work together...

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I really think a staff meeting is needed or something. A list of stuff that needs to be discussed it starting to pile up, in my head at least.

I also love how some are able to complain about my news over and over, but everytime I ask for suggestions, I get the cold shoulder from them...

Vekira

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i dont get this... why complain, why not find a warez site. theres plenty around

Jumpman... if KOTOR 2 get any more delays im gonna have a heart attack. i've been waiting since well... pretty much since i completed KOTOR in the Light and Dark Side.

Kyoji

ウッーウッーウマ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Haha, all this arguing...
I think Jumpmans news is a very handy thing. Gives lazy people like me a heads up on whats new.
As for the whole "No lame PC demos, get with the 1337 SC3N3" You DO realize that alot of people here have NO idea about warez, how to get them, what to do with cd images, etc. It wouldnt matter if Jumpman reported on warez releases, because the target audience that could actually utilize this news is a very small percent of the whole. Not to mention reporting on warez is a rather daunting task, just get on to some of the more popular newsgroups and see for yourself, over 75,000 NEW posts in one day. And quite honestly, if your really so "1337", why on earth do you need another person to report on when and where new warez releases come out, go find them and get them yourself, lazy bastage

GoodKupo

It Was Me!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
(Off topic):3 pages in a flame topic
ohmy.gif

(On Topic)
I dont know why poeple are conplaing about the demos.Some people enjoy playing the demos and get intentions on actully buying the game.Why sould you listen to a guy who didn't understand that jumpman17 type the informantion not Tempest.Jumpman17 work hard to get the information and type it.He sould't get flamed by some guy who rarely on.But, i agree with Luse.The frontpage sould be use for gba news and board related news.

kiczek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ohmy.gif

(On Topic)
I dont know why poeple are conplaing about the demos.Some people enjoy playing the demos and get intentions on actully buying the game.Why sould you listen to a guy who didn't understand that type jumpman17 the informantion not Tempest.Jumpman17 work hard to get the information and type it.He sould't get flamed by some guy who rarely on.But, i agree with Luse.The frontpage sould be use for gba news and board related news.
ahahaha great engrish :-P

GoodKupo

It Was Me!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ohmy.gif

(On Topic)
I dont know why poeple are conplaing about the demos.Some people enjoy playing the demos and get intentions on actully buying the game.Why sould you listen to a guy who didn't understand that type jumpman17 the informantion not Tempest.Jumpman17 work hard to get the information and type it.He sould't get flamed by some guy who rarely on.But, i agree with Luse.The frontpage sould be use for gba news and board related news.
So im bad with english.I souldn't get insulted by a guy who couldn't even spell english.

Vekira

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ohmy.gif

(On Topic)
So im bad with english.I souldn't get insulted by a guy who couldn't even spell english.
Ignore him, no point for you to go to his level, think of it as he's fireman and your megaman (sorry im a mega megaman fan) you've got the skills but he has the flames and no brain

kiczek, why you causing trouble. Tempest and Jumpman have done nothing to you, yet there you are... offending people like they are enemies from a game.
I've don't a need to cause arguements like you. You just want to get your own way. We have many names for people like you in my area but your just a waste of time

ShADyX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
One thing you guys don't seem to be thinking here is that just about anyone knows that if the Rom is on GBAtemp's front page, that means you can get on the Channel to get said rom, keeping the site legal, and the channel going, so unless #gbatemp is going to turn into a place where you can get every rom for any system putting anything but GBA roms listings on the front page is useless.

maybe so. so i beg you to consider either wiping everything but GBA ROM releases from the front page or at least adding more to do with the GBA ROM releases, eg. trainers, homebrews, gamesaves.

don't see the big deal with PC demo's being in Jumpman's news, after all you are all using a computer to access and post here, it's one of those things we all have in common, other then being gamers and or GBA owners...

yet in your comment directly above you state that the main page should just be for GBA ROMS! ok so if we have the fact that we're all GBA and PC owners in common then what is wrong with the request of putting PC scene releases in the news??? IT'S NOT A BIG REQUEST, but its a lot more useful than pathetic pc demos.

The thing here is if you think this is so bad, you need to really get off your asses and do the work required to list what ever you want to see on the front page. Jumpman's been doing his news gathering for a long time now, it's only on the front page as far as I can tell because there are fewer releases. No offence to Jumpman intended but his news should stay in off topic and not be on the front page.

in my last post in this very thread, I OFFERED TO DO THE WORK, but it seems most of you have your heads so ffar up your asses that you just completely ignored my post. very dissappointing from a forum which constantly refers to itself as a "Community" and from members which have (in this thread) asked for suggestions. why ask for suggestions if you have no interest whatsoever of using them.
mad.gif

Something that doesn't need to be done however is catering to what speechless calls the core audience, as the core audience never posts, they find out what's out and get there roms with out a word, they are going nowhere, they are not here to begin with.

again why not? just because YOU dont use trainers/gamesaves/homebrew/etc doesnt mean that the large majority of gba pirates dont. i'd like to see you backup this so-called fact because i think you'd be quite surprised at the interest in these things. and have you maybe thought that half the reason that this core audience *may not* post here is because there is nothing interesting to post about. there is absolutely no focus on gba and more focus on how good you are at photoshop or what you had for lunch or who's mum is the hottest, etc. look, theres some valid suggestions being thrown around here that could benefit to the site, but you would rather spit on them. try to be a bit more openminded.

If you want to clutter the site with useless trainers and saves etc then do it, but really that's catering to people who can't play games in the first place, and shouldn't be on the front page...

its not about how well you play the games Luse, its about keeping track of whats going on in the GBA community. and trainers/gamesaves/homebrew are almost as large and numerous as the GBA roms which are so precious. it disgusts me to think that, as you have stated above, the apparant core audience of this site is here for nothing but to rip off nintendo by downloading games they have spent billions of dollars a ear to create. but on the other side of the fence, if you dont mind doing it to nintendo, then why not add other warez releases in the news. whys hould you mind doing it to microsoft, sony or the pc industry?

Instead why don't you just create an additional forum to the site dedicated to trainers and saves? It's alot easier and the members who care can take part in it, just like anything else it's a bonus not the meat and potatoes of what this site has been...

thats like saying why dont you take everything out of THIS CURRENT FORUM thats not gba related and make its own seperate private forum. so why dont you take your photoshop sigs and put them in another forum thats still linked to this one. so then you can make the stupid things over at the other forum and then bring them over here. i dont see the point quite frankly. on another point, at one time gbatemp.net actually did list trainers, but unfortunately things have gone downlhill since then.

The front page should only be used for GBA releases and important board related issues, and every once in a while for a contest or the GBAtemp awards that is still board related...

maybe so, so lets see this happen.

The only three words all you staff members and ops should worry about are…

Organization

Teamwork

GBA

organization?? = that left with kivan, sorry

teamwork?? = lol, no comment

GBA?? = so remove anything non-gba related? haha....i didnt think you'd be willing to make those sort of sacrifices

I’d also say unban speechless, as well as any other op that’s been banned, have a staff meeting and fix these petty issues once and for all, this stupid IRC versus Forum drama should have come to a close when I resigned damn it.

Then again nothing I just said matters since I wasn't here from Day one, so ignore it all and keep fighting amongst each other instead of trying to work together...

ahhh finally some sense...yes unban teh speechles, cmon he didnt do anything overly wrong, not compared to some of the crap i've read on these forums thats been totally overlooked. seems that "we" are singled out for the fact that "we" are irc ops. when in actual fact many of us have been posting here since day one. i dont know if this is intentional or purely coincidental but its kinda annoying to see this forum using us as a romleech point and then spitting in our faces in return. please unban teh speechles, he's not so unreasonable, just like myself.

as far as the fighting comment, there needs to be a conflict before theres a resolution. at the moment we're just in our conflict stage. it wont last forever, no conflict does.

Haha, all this arguing...
I think Jumpmans news is a very handy thing. Gives lazy people like me a heads up on whats new.
As for the whole "No lame PC demos, get with the 1337 SC3N3" You DO realize that alot of people here have NO idea about warez, how to get them, what to do with cd images, etc. It wouldnt matter if Jumpman reported on warez releases, because the target audience that could actually utilize this news is a very small percent of the whole. Not to mention reporting on warez is a rather daunting task, just get on to some of the more popular newsgroups and see for yourself, over 75,000 NEW posts in one day. And quite honestly, if your really so "1337", why on earth do you need another person to report on when and where new warez releases come out, go find them and get them yourself, lazy bastage

you do realise that a lot of people here DO have an idea about warez, how to get them, what to do with cd images,etc. i'm not asking gbatemp.net to host them. i'm just asking for a weekly listing to keep people in the know. sure, newsgroups may have over 75,000 new posts in a day, but did you ever take the time to sift through them and find how many were actually NEW?!??!? no, didnt think so. and maybe i am "1337" because i know where to find warez, but i also know where to find gaming news and dont need to see jumpman17 regurgitate crap he saw in ign and gamespot.

so why dont you go find your gaming news yourself, lazy bastage

whats the difference here. NONE.

one final note. dont mean to pick the shit out of luse's post but he basically just said what was in every other post so its easier to just quote the one.

ShADyX's final thought : be open for suggestions, dont just spit on them and push them under the couch. you asked for the suggestions now impliment them please. or dont ask for them in the first place.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
erm.. I'd suggest keeping the channel private and the web site public. otherwise you're gonna run us into a shitload of trouble.

Kyoji

ウッーウッーウマ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You know, it MIGHT just be me, but theres a rather large difference in gaming news and "warez news".
One, there is no "warez news". Two, there is gaming news. Now since there is gaming news, it makes the act of relaying this news that much easier, instead of having to compile a potentially very large list of games, apps, and what have you that your not sure peopel will even be intrested in much less care about.

People come to GBATemp because of two main reasons:
1: They like GBA
2: They like games in general

People dont come to GBATemp to get warez news, go hang out on mIrc, Usenet, or the 100's of Bittorrent sites out there.

And whats more, here are you, bashing people over the head for saying "GBATemp should be GBA only" then turning around and claimign somethign else, when your doing the same thing! You promote GBA only related material, but then you trun around and say that Jumpman should report on the so called "scene". Youll probably arguw with me saying "But, GBA roms are part of the scene" Dont give me that crap because its 50% right and 50% wrong, and i know you know that. Roms are not something you usually see on warez forums and the like, and theres only a few mIRC channels and usenet groups dedicated to the subject, as opposed to the thousands that deal with general warez.

I can also relate from a first hand experince. I use to have a daily report on an anonymous forum of what game/app releases where new for that day on several usenet groups. This in and of itself took a little over an hour, from updating the groups to actually posting the information. Now take a weeks worth of usenet posts, and youve got at least 7 hours, not to mention all the other sources your expecting him to cover as well.

"ShADyX's final thought : be open for suggestions, dont just spit on them and push them under the couch. you asked for the suggestions now impliment them please. or dont ask for them in the first place."

You need to read that and try to apply it to yourself, you need to take your own advice.

phuzzz

Hooha!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

thats like saying why dont you take everything out of THIS CURRENT FORUM thats not gba related and make its own seperate private forum. so why dont you take your photoshop sigs and put them in another forum thats still linked to this one. so then you can make the stupid things over at the other forum and then bring them over here. i dont see the point quite frankly. on another point, at one time gbatemp.net actually did list trainers, but unfortunately things have gone downlhill since then.
Okay, I'm nitpicking, but eh.

What Luse was talking about Shady was like there is a General Off-Topic forum and a Suggestions & Help forum, not like there is GBATemp and..... Romsource, for instance (sorry, first one that came to my head). So while we have forums for GBA Hardware, GBA Releases, etc., we can add GBA Trainers, GBA Homebrew, stuff like that.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shadyx: Please, I asked for suggestions and all you guys do is whine. Let’s look at my past posts:

All you guys would say was INCLUDE PC SCENE RELEASES

QUOTE said:
I've got an idea, instead of just telling me the news sucks, how about giving me ideas on how to make it better. But remember, I hold final judgement on what goes in and what doesn't.

What reply do I get? INCLUDE PC SCENE RELEASES

QUOTE said:
If you want better news posts, then please help me out.

1) Give me some links to more news sites and I'll add it to my pool of sources for future editions.

2) If I miss something important, you can post it in the topic or PM me with your summary of the article and I'll post it in my original post and give you credit.

3) If you want to see scene releases, take it up with the rest of GBATemp's mods and admins and see if they think it's okay. If you get an okay from the majority of them, then every week before Saturday night, send me a PM with the scene releases and I'll add them to my news and give you credit.

I will not change the fact that I include other stuff in my news. I will not butcher it to the point where it only features 2 or 3 GBA items. It will not change, deal with it.

I really think a staff meeting is needed or something. A list of stuff that needs to be discussed it starting to pile up, in my head at least.

I also love how some are able to complain about my news over and over, but everytime I ask for suggestions, I get the cold shoulder from them...

How many times do I have to say no to that suggestion. That’s why it’s called a suggestion. It means it is an idea that is put out on the table. I shot it down. Plain and simple. My news post, my final decision. Now, how about some ideas besides INCLUDE PC SCENE RELEASES?

ShADyX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
And whats more, here are you, bashing people over the head for saying "GBATemp should be GBA only" then turning around and claimign somethign else, when your doing the same thing! You promote GBA only related material, but then you trun around and say that Jumpman should report on the so called "scene". Youll probably arguw with me saying "But, GBA roms are part of the scene" Dont give me that crap because its 50% right and 50% wrong, and i know you know that. Roms are not something you usually see on warez forums and the like, and theres only a few mIRC channels and usenet groups dedicated to the subject, as opposed to the thousands that deal with general warez.

i think maybe you should reread my above statement sir, as not once did i ever say "GBATemp should be GBA only".in fact i think you were referring to almost every other post in this thread. if you had read my post carefully you would realise that i am trying to say either do one or the other.

if youre going to report on gba warez then report on all warez, i'm not asking for a "warez news" but purely at the bottom of the news section you list the big pc,xbox,ps2 releases for the week.

if i have to spell it out.

eg :

XBOX -

Fable_USA_XBOX
Obscure_PAL_XBOX_DVDRiP-GGS
The_Guy_Game_USA_DVD5_XBOX-SHOGUN
Star.Wars.Battlefront.PAL.UNSIGNED.DVD.XBOX-DNL
Guilty.Gear.X2.RELOAD.USA.DVDRIP.XBOX-DNL
OutRun_2_Pal_Multi_Review_Copy_Xbox-Xtasy
Terminator_3_The_Redemption_PAL_XBOX-PreCiSiON
Vietcong_Purple_Haze_USA_XBOX

etc
repeat as necessary....took me a whole 2 minutes to do

now on the other side of the fence. if you're going to be a pure gba site, then remove anything non-gba related including your precious gaming news and start adding trainers/homebrew/savefiles.

QUOTE said:
People come to GBATemp because of two main reasons:
1: They like GBA
2: They like games in general

so in my statement above, i address both of these issues. see?

"ShADyX's final thought : be open for suggestions, dont just spit on them and push them under the couch. you asked for the suggestions now impliment them please. or dont ask for them in the first place."

You need to read that and try to apply it to yourself, you need to take your own advice.

i'm always open to suggestions. but unfortunately i dont make the decisions around here. and i will certainly never just push them away without first considering them and then giving my opinions/comments on them. in the context of this thread that final thought was directed at the mods who asked for suggestions to improve the news. of which all of them were ignored.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5