• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Austria first country to make Covid vaccine mandatory

Status
Not open for further replies.

subcon959

@!#?@!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why does it being mandatory make a difference? The people who have refused to be vaccinated have done so while it was not mandatory. My point is that have a poor ability to assess risk, not whether taking the risk is mandatory or not.

Your invisible car argument is irrelevant, the evidence is that pedestrians get hit by cars. I'm sure that the majority are not done on purpose therefore in most cases neither saw each other despite neither of them being invisible.
It's relevant in the context of mandates, because the person it not being pushed into the road to save the lives of those around them.

I know you are saying Sergio Aguero was a great argument, I'm saying that it's not a great argument & gave the analogy of it being mandatory for children to go to school despite the risk of dying on the way to school or at school (which you then ignored). You haven't given any new argument about why Sergio Aguero is a better argument, so we aren't at stalemate. You have merely refused to offer anything to back up your statement & instead just blindly restated your position.

If you could give a reason why you think Sergio Aguero is a great argument, then please go ahead.
Of course someone who is in favour of mandates will need to quickly dismiss a case like Sergio Aguero as it's not only a perfect example of why people are concerned or hesitant, but also of why any medical procedure should require consent and not be mandated. You're not really going off script by downplaying it,

Who is liable for his loss of earnings now? It's not the vaccine manufacturers because they have an exemption. I'm not saying we should feel bad for the millionaire but I'm sure there are people in less fortunate situations with similar outcomes.

MadonnaProject

Trophies
XP
Country
It appears you don't know how research works

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59639973

I'm not interested in educating someone so rude & arrogant, you'd be a nightmare student. That took two minutes to google, if you don't believe it then go through medical school, attain the same level of qualifications as the people quoted & perform the same studies that they did. Then contribute to the research, rather than asking stupid questions on a gaming forum.
Spolier alert. I did go to medical school. You sad creature. Haha.

subcon959

@!#?@!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If it was anything like mine then it's nothing to brag about as all we did was get wasted for 3 years and then walk around in a white coat for 18 months being made to look stupid by nurses and actual doctors.

MadonnaProject

Trophies
XP
Country
If it was anything like mine then it's nothing to brag about as all we did was get wasted for 3 years and then walk around in a white coat for 18 months being made to look stupid by nurses and actual doctors.
Whose bragging? It was alright.

I didn't get wasted though, as I don't smoke, never have, never done any drugs, it's not my thing. I do have the occasional cider but half a bottle and I am anybody's.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd ask for a refund. You clearly learned nothing there.

Or you're lying, which is more likely based on your previous posts.

Either way, you give off a general lack of knowledge on the subject. Run along now.

• Haha
Reactions: Dakitten

AlexMCS

Human
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
go through medical school, attain the same level of qualifications as the people quoted & perform the same studies that they did. Then contribute to the research, rather than asking stupid questions on a gaming forum.

Just as an addendum, you need no medical knowledge whatsoever to do research regarding vaccine or treatment effectiveness.
You do need a lot of statistical knowledge (and many researchers in all fields aren't that good at it), since that is the basis for any conclusion regarding unclear outcomes.

A physician would only be possibly required to attest whether there was an improvement or not, and only in cases it wasn't glaringly obvious.

We currently have AI systems producing better diagnosis than most human physicians.

If not for the social aspect of it, the medical field would have been replaced by bots already in places that can afford their usage.

BTW, that's my current area of research: computing/AI applied to the medical field, focusing on early disease detection, security and data privacy.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone googled research quickly. BTW all the above links say what I said. Current vaccine boosters might help.
If you had read my post, you would have seen my entire point was about the boosters.

Studies have shown that having a vaccine booster offers significant protection against the omicron variant.

Reactions: Dakitten

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just as an addendum, you need no medical knowledge whatsoever to do research regarding vaccine or treatment effectiveness.
Collecting the data & checking that the analysis was valid would require some.

But sure, AI (and even pigeons) are more effective than humans at analyzing data.

• Sad
Reactions: AlexMCS

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I love that people are still referencing the trolley dilemma and still considering themselves as "oh, so deep." What extraneous circumstances led you into the the convoluted situation of playing god in the first place? Maybe you are already morally complicit in allowing the situation to happen. Maybe you should stay indoors and watch more sitcoms instead. Wouldn't want to stumble into a trolley dilemma--or wait, it does appear you do.
Hey, speak for yourself, I enjoyed it. It’s better than talking about communism again. Anything is better than communism again, including (but not limited to) a lobotomy.

• Haha
Reactions: tabzer

DoubleDate

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
All the people nitpicking here about the vaccine😒 Yet when they feel sick they go to the doctor to be attended to. People are waay over thinking this with the idea the governemnt put something in the vaccine to annihilate people. If that was the case, they (Government) would say yeah screw them no vaccine, people will still moan about it. If the government wants to kill people all they have to do is release a far more deadly virus in the atmosphere and we will drop like flies. All those conspiracy stuff is not helping. Now we havea Omikron, a variant and the chance of another one developing is there since people will not get vaccinated, giving the virus the chance to get more resistant to the new vaccines. If we all just followed the rules we wouldn't havent had so many variants. Now we have a new Lockdown here in The Netherlands🙄 People will get a vaccine boost but things will repeat itself again. Unless we all are one, this virus will keep going on for a few years im afraid. People dont think about the consequences what it can bring to others. Yeah your choice not to get vaccinated, but you are also signing a death sentence to people who are less resistant. I pray that a far more deathly virus doesnt find the surface cuz it will not look good.

Reactions: smf

SaberLilly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As someone in the US who lives with an elderly person more susceptible to illness, I can't help but agree with the mandate. The world is on its 2nd covid mutation and if governments maintain a "hands off" approach, then this isn't going to slow down and we need to get people vaccinated to stop it from spreading.
On the topic of "my body, my choice" i can see why people wouldn't want to get the vacciene, but when people use claims like "oh the government just wants to track me using their microchips" or "oh I'll get autism from it" those kind of people won't get much sympathy from me if they were to catch it.

Reactions: smf

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"oh the government just wants to track me using their microchips" or "oh I'll get autism from it" those kind of people won't get much sympathy from me if they were to catch it.
And they are unlikely to give you any sympathy if they wanted to impose something on you either.

The people who have those kinds of views tend to have quite extreme views on how to treat immigrants, unemployed, non binary, addicts etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...