Hacking "Authentic" R4i Gold not working with stock 3DS.

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like the title says, I can't get this to work on a stock 3DS on the current firmware. From what I am seeing, this cart, with this header should be fine, but on stock I just get this error every time I load it up. Works fine on a 3DS with Luma, and an older DS Lite, but I was really hoping to use this with my un-hacked stock 3DS. I've got the latest version of Wood, and have formatted to fat32. Multiple Micro SD cards have been tested and all give the same error. Any input would be appreciated.

kN6poaF.png

kN6poaF

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like the title says, I can't get this to work on a stock 3DS on the current firmware. From what I am seeing, this cart, with this header should be fine, but on stock I just get this error every time I load it up. Works fine on a 3DS with Luma, and an older DS Lite, but I was really hoping to use this with my un-hacked stock 3DS. I've got the latest version of Wood, and have formatted to fat32. Multiple Micro SD cards have been tested and all give the same error. Any input would be appreciated.

kN6poaF.png

kN6poaF
Install CFW already

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iirc you need cfw to use most flashcarts if your 3ds is on the newerish firmwares. I would install cfw so you can use the cart, you'd also probably be able to use the cart to install cfw

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
That's a rev5 or rev6 so it won't work on stock firm on latest firm (It was blocked on 4.4 or so I think). You can ntrboot it and use it to install cfw on the stock unit rather quickly.
Then you can flash the backup firm back to the card and run it normally.

You could also downgrade the DS whitelist with an old .app file version and run it on "stock". I think that solution is silly, but you insist on stock firmware. Just install cfw.

Last edited by zoogie,
Reactions: Alexander1970

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have plenty of units with CFW. I keep this one on stock for all of my legit downloads. Fair enough, if it's just not going to work, it's fine. Just making sure I wasn't missing something. All of the documentation I found said it should work, but if it's a revision that's not going to work, that's fine. At least I know.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have plenty of units with CFW. I keep this one on stock for all of my legit downloads. Fair enough, if it's just not going to work, it's fine. Just making sure I wasn't missing something. All of the documentation I found said it should work, but if it's a revision that's not going to work, that's fine. At least I know.
U can use cfw for all your legit downloads there is nothing stopping u

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
If downgrading part of 1 DS mode title isn't enough to ruin this system's "Stockness" for you, then the advice in the 2nd paragraph of my previous post would work.

You would just need to temporarily hack it and use godmode9 to replace title 0003000f484e4841's .app file with an older version. You can extract that older .app from a .cia of an old 3ds cart game like Pilotwings (using gm9 as well).

Last edited by zoogie,

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If downgrading part of 1 DS mode title isn't enough to ruin this system's "Stockness" for you, then the advice in the 2nd paragraph of my previous post would work.

You would just need to temporarily hack it and use godmode9 to replace title 0003000f484e4841's .app file with an older version. You can extract that older .app from a .cia of an old 3ds cart game like Pilotwings (using gm9 as well).

It's appreciated, but unnecessary. I was simply under the impression it should be working as-is, and wanted to be able to use it if that was the case. I have other carts, and hacked systems. I have the answers I needed. It really is appreciated.

Reactions: zoogie

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway