• Views 103,414
  • Replies 276
  • Likes 44

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having trouble getting into RCM? Are you sick of having to find a jig, screwdriver og paperclip every time you want to use Hekate or other RCM payloads?

Well @rajkosto has given us a solution!

briccmii is a RCM payload that will soft brick your Switch so that you will always enter RCM mode.

From readme:

This is the same thing Team Xecuter's SX producs advertise as autorcm. This is however completely free ;)

WARNING: When active you will be unable to boot into Horizon, it will only be possible to boot the Switch through RCM payloads. Thus this should only be used by advanced users. Hekate and related payloads are not yet in a user friendly condition (sleep mode not working, games not loading etc.) so it is advised to not use this until Atmosphere is released.

Source: https://github.com/rajkosto/briccmii

Binary: https://switchtools.sshnuke.net/

735.jpg
Could you make an option to first backup the key files, and another option to restore them?

Reactions: wicksand420

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To show people that they don't need a TX product to do this. The method was discussed long before they ever announced anything. I believe that end users should have all the information they need, and should not buy into a product because "it is the only way" as some users here try to make it look like.

I never seen tx claimed that their autorcm is the only one in the world. That's just a lame excuse. This is why I'd rather buy tx sx than deal with you guys.

Ugh. The scene is filled with so many drama queens

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will not engage in any further discussion on this subject. If you believe it is petty to share information and options with end users you are the problem.
sharing is one thing but taking jabs at other groups is another. little men and their egos i tell ya

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. It will not boot into OFW if there are no sd files, the bootloader will fail, it needs to be replaced by Hekate to boot.

2. As for backups, I am neither for or against them, my view is that the cat and mouse game helps improve software security in general, but I obviously don't support stealing games either (unless its EA).
The BCT isn't ncessesary for it to boot. Only a valid package1. I actually tested it and you can look at the code too. It take evrything from nand.

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's really not that big of an issue other than I hope people don't start messaging me with questions on how to use it lmao. Still, I'm pretty stoked to see the Switchbrew scene flourishing like this! Lotsa nice releases coming in like this one! Everyone is working on something and its a-frickin-mazing :D

Reactions: wicksand420

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@jjbredesen so coming back on what I said, the fact that hekage boot with no sd card is real (I tryed it again just to be sure). However, sleep mode is still not fine... or is it? I still have those battery problem, but my console was at like 96%... That would mean hekate is the problem, not Atmosphere (unlike everyone seem to say) (was pretty sure it wasn't already, since all those guide only replace 1 or 2 kips) So if someone could test that again it'd be cool.

D

Deletedmember448668

OP
This also says it can fix it from autobooti g into RCM mode so I do t see the issue if people actually READ before they use this software
Yep, something like vol - to brick vol + to unbrick. For me this software isnt too useful yet as I still want to play my reg switch games, but the progress is amazing. Hopefully Atmosphere will allow us to play all eshop/carts as well!

Reactions: Naked_Snake

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, something like vol - to brick vol + to unbrick. For me this software isnt too useful yet as I still want to play my reg switch games, but the progress is amazing. Hopefully Atmosphere will allow us to play all eshop/carts as well!
soon there is only one eshop backup and it uses a file system that they are still learning, also devs hate piracy so your hopes are not that great with them lol!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...