• Views 103,350
  • Replies 276
  • Likes 44

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ijust got briccmii and seen when I used the turn off option my switch actually turned of and using tegragui, I had to press the power button to see me go back to rcm. does that me the switch can actually be turned off and won't go to rcm when using the turn off option. just asking so maybe I won't have to worry about all this battery drain issues I hear people have with auto rcm.

uludag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
Ijust got briccmii and seen when I used the turn off option my switch actually turned of and using tegragui, I had to press the power button to see me go back to rcm. does that me the switch can actually be turned off and won't go to rcm when using the turn off option. just asking so maybe I won't have to worry about all this battery drain issues I hear people have with auto rcm.

When you hold the power button for some seconds and choose power off, your switch will turn off completely. From that moment on, it will not drain your battery.
If you touch the power button again or put in your usb c cable, the switch automatically goes into rcm mode. Since the screen doesn't show anything you might not realize that the console was turned on again, so be careful when using autorcm :)

Reactions: fst312

stewartisme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used this to check fuses and now my switch sd card seems to be corrupted. Is there a way to fix it?
edit: chkdisk on the drive fixed it. Might not have been this that did it but it happened at the same time.

Last edited by stewartisme,

Garrincho

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
When you hold the power button for some seconds and choose power off, your switch will turn off completely. From that moment on, it will not drain your battery.
If you touch the power button again or put in your usb c cable, the switch automatically goes into rcm mode. Since the screen doesn't show anything you might not realize that the console was turned on again, so be careful when using autorcm :)

Uh I thought using the "Power Off" function from the menu actually ended up rebooting the console into rcm...?

Reactions: machinoman

uludag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
Uh I thought using the "Power Off" function from the menu actually ended up rebooting the console into rcm...?

Absolutely true. Turning the switch off with the power button will trigger AutoRCM 15 seconds after shutdown.
Sorry for spreading misinformation.

Reactions: afra

Zer0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
As my jig wasn't working anymore, this was my last resort and actually happy that I used this as I can just run any payload I want without messing with any jigs.

Onsonj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this work good with ReiNX? I don’t want to kee using my jig and end up screwing up the rail. I always leave my switch in sleep mode, so should I have a problem using this? I know if I turn off or restart the switch I will need load a payload. But if I leave my switch in sleep mode all night I shouldnt have to worry about waking up to a switch that won’t turn on right?

Garrincho

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Does this work good with ReiNX? I don’t want to kee using my jig and end up screwing up the rail. I always leave my switch in sleep mode, so should I have a problem using this? I know if I turn off or restart the switch I will need load a payload. But if I leave my switch in sleep mode all night I shouldnt have to worry about waking up to a switch that won’t turn on right?

It should be perfectly fine. Just be wary that if you ever turn it off, it might not be actually off but rather in RCM. Safest way to shut off is to use a payload with the shutdown option.

Either way, nothing should change if you keep it on sleep mode.

Cencil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone know why when trying to use briccmii to install autorcm, pressing "-" or "+" does absolutely nothing? Only thing I can do is power off..

Swans

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Quick question... my son updated to latest firmware 9.01 ive restored back to 9.00 (not smart) 3 files...from hecate. All went sucessfull.

Then reboot, all stay black. Switch wont turn on...
Tried to reinject payload... switch does not seem to power on/ remains black. Even with jic pc does not find the switch to inject...

Any thoughts / advice on what to try next or is this piece of silicon our new door step...

Manurocker95

Game Developer & Pokémon Master
Trophies
Website
manuelrodriguezmatesanz.com
XP
Country
Spain
Quick question... my son updated to latest firmware 9.01 ive restored back to 9.00 (not smart) 3 files...from hecate. All went sucessfull.

Tried to reinject payload... switch does not seem to power on/ remains black. Even with jic pc does not find the switch to inject...

Any thoughts / advice on what to try next or is this piece of silicon our new door step...
I guess your son burned fuses by updating by the regular form. Right?

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Your fuse count is incorrect. If downgrading, you need a full emmc backup with boot0/1 from the same backup. That's important.

Let's assume you have restored a rawnand.bin. if you have also restored the matching boot0/1, then you can boot with Hekate. But you will need a jig or modchip for ever boot.

Just upgrade again to 9.1. it is now fully supported on atmosphere and sxos

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/TECN1Gm7j3A?si=XwYKYHKwxoMNdFqN