Hacking Question Backing up nand after using SX OS?

Small Kat

PC addict
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinda worried for the brick code or something else to brick my switch, and I want to back up my nand just in case something happens.
But will something happen to the switch if I used SX OS beforehand?
Will the nand backup be the same?
Should I use the custom payload option from the SX OS menu, or just directly from rcm?

(Btw can someone link me a guide on nand backups? Also I have a fat32 card, so I think I need to split the nand.)

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Kinda worried for the brick code or something else to brick my switch, and I want to back up my nand just in case something happens.
But will something happen to the switch if I used SX OS beforehand?
Will the nand backup be the same?
Should I use the custom payload option from the SX OS menu, or just directly from rcm?
Yes, it'll backup the same.

I'd do directly from RCM.

1LastRide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Btw can someone link me a guide on nand backups? Also I have a fat32 card, so I think I need to split the nand.)

If you need help with the very basics, I suggest searching Youtube for Skullator tutorials on switch nand backups.
I don't know him, but he does a fine and easy to follow vid, and links lots of help in the description.

As for which payload, on a fat32 card, the CTCaer v2.3 version of Hekate will allow you to dump the NAND to your SD card in parts.
With this payload, you only need tegrarcmsmash and the bin payload. No need to copy config files to your SD card first.
This release also provides a zip file of scripts that will assemble the parts back together.
It's available on GitHub.

Reactions: stüssy and uludag

Nasha004

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
I’m doing a Nand backup right now, it’s acctually really easy. I’ll confirm my switch is all good with tx os after it’s complete but I’m sure it’ll all go okay

Nasha004

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
I’m doing a Nand backup right now, it’s acctually really easy. I’ll confirm my switch is all good with tx os after it’s complete but I’m sure it’ll all go okay

Okay just finished and no issue, sx os working fine and all. I used the hekate method then used hacdisk mount to check over the dumps. While at this I also used biskeydump to obtain my keys (would recommended just as a added safety net)

Reactions: DReaMoR

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: