Hacking Backup Launcher by Wiigator

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
That's my boy... with the latest and easiest downloads and instructions on GBAtemp.... Funny thing is...have seen Taz's links all over....makes me grin... Taz has been putting these files and instructions since the beginning of the backup loader with out a modchip came out... and I have personally used his stuff on my own consoles and others I do it for.... I would download the homebreWare package....but it's a little outdated... hehe...

So where is Wiigator now a days?! Disneyworld?! I hope he's not messing with that demodulator again!
Dratz!!

wink.gif

amirh1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
g002ahe said:
Did you install the cios v7 first as per these instructions?
---------------------
Instructions
---------------------

1. Install new cIOS. Make sure its properly installed
2. Load Backup Launcher and play game.

Thanks all for the quick replies! I will go read again (sorry for getting hold of old instructions) and will re-do.

One question I have about the cios v7 - how can I tell if I have it? I've manually put on my SD card a CIOS which resides in directory 000000010000024\v1042 (I don't have wifi enabled on the wii) - is that 'v7'?

DarkeoX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i dunno how does HBC for 3.4 works but... "there is a program for patching", why patch since the Gamma channel load 1:1 backup ?? Listen for all newbies : If you're using Backup Loader, Gamma Realease, NO NEED to PATCH your BACKUPs anymore, and the loader has even less compatibility with patched games than with 1:1, so just look for djTaz sign , which is supporting all newbies entering in this stuff since waninkoko loader...

WiiGator

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
IronMask said:
So where is Wiigator now a days?! Disneyworld?! I hope he's not messing with that demodulator again!
Dratz!!

wink.gif

There is no Disney World in Germany.
Almost all games are working, no hastiness is required. The newer game NFS undercover seems to be very bad.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiGator said:
IronMask said:
Dratz!!

wink.gif

Almost all games are working, no hastiness is required. The newer game NFS undercover seems to be very bad.

Strange how it works on a mod chiped wii with the new IOS - looks like thats the way to go (from a basic point of view)

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
WiiGator said:
IronMask said:
Dratz!!

wink.gif

Will you work on 6x speed, if possible ? Thanks !

WiiGator

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
TeenTin said:
WiiGator said:
IronMask said:
Dratz!!

wink.gif

Will you work on 6x speed, if possible ? Thanks !

To get 6x speed we need to exploit the DVD firmware. I don't have a dump of the firmware. It may be impossible.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiGator do you have any idea how to patch the games which require to be patched by Waninkoko's IOS Version Patcher? I mean patch from the loader without modifying the dvd? It seems that the IOS Version Patcher changes the IOS required inside the tmd. Both loaders(SoftChip and yours) load the tmd, but do nothing with it. This is the point where i am stuck.

When improving the loaders i would prefer to do the easy stuff first, and that are old games without real copy protection. To me it seems like the copy protection from the old games is copy protection by accident.

WiiGator

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiPower said:
WiiGator do you have any idea how to patch the games which require to be patched by Waninkoko's IOS Version Patcher? I mean patch from the loader without modifying the dvd? It seems that the IOS Version Patcher changes the IOS required inside the tmd. Both loaders(SoftChip and yours) load the tmd, but do nothing with it. This is the point where i am stuck.

When improving the loaders i would prefer to do the easy stuff first, and that are old games without real copy protection. To me it seems like the copy protection from the old games is copy protection by accident.

The old games just load an IOS, which doesn't support backups. This is done within the game. If cIOS doesn't allow to start a different IOS, it should work. The disadvantage is that you are imprisoned and can't escape from IOS249. I assume that decrypted/patched games will not work, because the game needs to read the disc and open the game partition again (to get the tmd...).

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
WiiGator said:
To get 6x speed we need to exploit the DVD firmware. I don't have a dump of the firmware. It may be impossible.

What a pity! That means many laggy ingame videos cannot be fixed.
unsure.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiGator said:
WiiPower said:

The old games just load an IOS, which doesn't support backups. This is done within the game. If cIOS doesn't allow to start a different IOS, it should work. The disadvantage is that you are imprisoned and can't escape from IOS249. I assume that decrypted/patched games will not work, because the game needs to read the disc and open the game partition again (to get the tmd...).

This would give nintendo an easy solution against backup loading, just use 2 different IOS with different dips, and this method would not work. Maybe there will be a "good" solution for this somewhen, we will see. Thank you for your answer.

amirh1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
The Bird said:
lecture.gif
Ok erm, there some big problems here.
First off you MUST burn at 2x, there is a program for patching,i would suggest dvd-r, i've heard rumors that there is no need to change their booktype to dvd-rom, although using a dvd-rom should ALWAYS work.
there's a list of games that don't work. in GBA TEMP
oh, and visit here for a good tutorial CLiCK here for the guide!

Jesus your miles behind the times here

you dont need to burn at 2 speed - in fact 4 speed is better and a lot of people use 16 speed and they work perfectly.
There is no patching program required for gamma - that was the older beta loader
DVD-R are the best to use as you can direct burn with them , DVD+R also work once set to DVD-Rom in booktype for most but not all people (which is why people recommend dvd-r)

There is a NON compatibility list for the Gamma loader since more games work than dont work - so the list is small - even the ones on the list can use waninkoko's iso patcher to make 99% of games work.
That guide is for beta ans is seriously old - i have a guide for Gamma in my signature if you wish to get and use that - its been used by 1000's and worked for most without a hitch.
There is also an issues and answer thread link in my sig for anyone who wants to check that out.

Hey, sorry to be a pain but I went to your gamma backup howto page Wii Backup Gamma and think I understand everything - but what is the filename I should be searching? Can you send me a link to the file?

Thanks!

Ironnoobx3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay SO I have The Wiigator 0.3 right Now on my Homebrew Channel, and for me to Play import Games I Must force the NTSC. Correct? Just Need Some reinsurance Before I get this awesome wii game, TATSUNOKO VS. CAPCOM!!!!!
unsure.gif

fennec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
goku1980 said:
how do we get access to the dvd firm?

You have to wire the D2C chip and dump it. Saying that was the easy part
wink.gif
Modchip makers have already done it (D2CKey even posted few lines of it) but I'm not sure they are willing to share it.

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
WiiGator said:
WiiPower said:

Good to see that you are still alive Gator... I was wandering if you had met one DJTaz's Swedish Supermodels and she turned out to be a Nintendo spy! I think I would have to rumble my Wiiremote in her special area for torture.

By the way... thanks for all you have done in such a short amound oi time,,,

Did you ever give any more honest attempts to loading game cube backups?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :shy::blush::evil:.... :tpi::rofl2:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :shy::blush::evil:.... :tpi::rofl2: