Bacon Wrapped Peppers

JiveTheTurkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there friends, just thought I'd share with you all this awesome appetizer I always do even by themselves every chance we can. They're only simple jalapeno peppers stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon. I have noticed this is mostly a common food to do here in the south of U.S. (after asking my friends from Wisconsin and Minnesota) but I'd thought I'd share this with you guys from all over the net. Please share your thoughts on favorite food most common in your country. :)
IMG_20180717_195747[1].jpg
IMG_20180814_084206[1].jpg

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You sir/madam? :D are an actual living genius.

I’ve done jalapeños stuffed with cheese many times, but you know, I’ve never thought of wrapping them in bacon.

I am definitely trying this soon, maybe with some nice smoked streaky bacon. Mmmmmmm, my mouth is watering already :rofl2:

Last edited by Stwert,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You sir/madam? :D are an actual living genius.

I’ve done jalapeños stuffed with cheese many times, but you know, I’ve never thought of wrapping them in bacon.

I am definitely trying this soon, maybe with some nice smoked streaky bacon. Mmmmmmm, my mouth is watering already :rofl2:
I presume you had pigs in blankets at some point, how did you not contemplate such a thing there?
I mean I find bacon horrible but to each their own.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
On the topic of bacon-wrapped things, bacon-wrapped prunes are oddly great.

Wrap pitted prunes in bacon, bake.

Do it.

Reactions: VinsCool

JiveTheTurkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pitted prunes in bacon, bake.
I think I have tried some of dried fruit, not sure if it was prune tbh.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I presume you had pigs in blankets at some point, how did you not contemplate such a thing there?
MMMMM I can imagine baking some pigs in blankets in bacon. :D

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Nah, I avoid those like the plague, people generally use pork sausages, which I despise. But love bacon, go figure.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I make these quite frequently, in fact made some about a month ago! Called Atomic Buffalo Turds or ATBs. I have an electric smoker that I do them in usually with mesquite or oak. Also grow one or two jalapeño plants each year in pots so a few batches are fresh.

I actually smoke almost all the meat we eat. Most of the time just cold smoking it for an hour or so and then throwing it on the grill (steaks, chicken breast, pork chops, etc.). Usually do a long smoke every couple of weeks of a standard like brisket, spare ribs or pork butt.

Reactions: JiveTheTurkey

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Well I'm not that way. I have two kids, and grandkids myself, just meant I'm a kid at heaet, forever